Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
07-09-2008, 02:16 PM,

The CS normally loads 25 cells (5*5), if you click on an object outside the loaded area you get the described effect.

Use the Region editor (RE). It's also much faster and you can move to any cell you like.

You have to select the StSteadhelm area (screenshot).

When you arrived on a certain spot select an object and press T (top view alligned to the North). Deselect the object and use the the arrow keys to move around (top one is to the north, the right one is to the east etc.)

Also set your LOD settings to a maximum (preferences, screenshot).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM,

Okay, I've attached a basic height map screenshot to show where I'm heading with this. It's missing the top section where that river eventually forms a larger lake. Can you tell me how I make a lake further upland without dragging everything down to sea level, if that's possible?

I was planning to use Mr Siika's rocks for the deep ravine on the left where there is a sudden dip. Can you let me know when these are available in the esm, please?

And FYI, I'm going for a Velothi ruin on the top of the hill and where there is a turn in the ravine on the left, I'll be putting in a flooded moldcave whilst a fort will be placed on the turn-in from the main sea, near-ish to the jetty. How do you feel about me deleting the cypress trees from the sea area? I'll leave the dead Black Gum Trees where they are but I don't want foliage in the sea, personally.

I haven't touched this area yet but how do you feel about me significantly lowering the land height to the East of the jetty? This may have knock-on effects for plans for the northerly claim.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-10-2008, 09:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Can you tell me how I make a lake further upland without dragging everything down to sea level, if that's possible?
Check the technical info section from the OP and look for the "How to raise/lower the water level of a cell?' part.

I was planning to use Mr Siika's rocks for the deep ravine on the left where there is a sudden dip. Can you let me know when these are available in the esm, please?
Prob. tomorrow.

How do you feel about me deleting the cypress trees from the sea area? I'll leave the dead Black Gum Trees where they are but I don't want foliage in the sea, personally.
You may remove these but it's not meant to look like a sea area.
It should be transformed into a swampy area as per the OP.

I haven't touched this area yet but how do you feel about me significantly lowering the land height to the East of the jetty? This may have knock-on effects for plans for the northerly claim.
You may but you have to fix everything in the bordering claims as well.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM,

Thanks again, Sandor. I'm still in question mode: do you know what the coc command is for this area so that I can go check it out in-game?

I have put in a Velothi ruin and I'm thinking about how to position the first moldcave near the ravine. I'd like to use some old steps down the pathway but I wondered if you could recommend some steps and confirm if the moldcave entrances are the ones found in the Dungeon/Misc section called 'StExComCaveEntrance'. It's just that the rock seems a little pale for the surrounding textures at the moment.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM,

Thanks again, Sandor. I'm still in question mode: do you know what the coc command is for this area so that I can go check it out in-game?
Check this post.

I'd like to use some old steps down the pathway but I wondered if you could recommend some steps and confirm if the moldcave entrances are the ones found in the Dungeon/Misc section called 'StExComCaveEntrance'. It's just that the rock seems a little pale for the surrounding textures at the moment.
It's fine to use vanilla steps or use Redoran steps (remnants from the past).

Use the BC types for the entrance (screenshot, the entrance shown in the render windows is from the WG type).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 09:18 PM,

Got the new esm...Thanks for that! Are Mr Siika's rocks the ones in the Static-Dungeons-Rocks-Ordered directory? They don't seem to be the big ones I saw in the screenshots...unless you put them together...?

I can't see anything particularly in Static-ST-Rocks directory though, either.
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM,

I can't see anything particularly in Static-ST-Rocks directory though, either.
I saw you read my PM so you found the rocks. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-11-2008, 03:45 PM,

Yep, got 'em. Do you think this looks a little odd, though? I've tried to bring the land close to the edge and retexture it. I also tried putting rocks over the areas where I felt there was a bit too much of an obvious seam showing...
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM,

You could cover it with rocks.
I am planning to retexture the Siika rocks, so they look the same as the BC rocks (new set).

I'll replace them (the ones you placed in the landscape) in due time.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM,

Thanks, Sandor.

I just had my first fly-through of the area (which still needs a hack of a lot of work) and I noticed a few things that I'd like some feedback on. The first was related to what I mentioned before and that's the fact that the area seems to be unusually high for a swampy zone. The very shallow sea area looks great and I'll certainly be playing with mini-islands soon but the outlying lands are very built up. In order to maintain the swampiness, I strongly suggest a lowering of nearby areas if at all possible.

In the meantime, here's a preview with errors. The first shot is what I saw first of all: SACarrow's great-looking shack with some lovely LOD of Latrys. However, the texture for the Shack up-close (pic2) seems corrupted or something. Need I worry about this?

The third pic is the area to the west of the shack which is the first glimpse of a covering film that affects other areas.

Pic 4 is of the as-yet-untextured land surrounding the Velothi ruin, and just over the hill is my ex-mining quarry which, like the other low watery areas is covered by the same film that you must pass through in order to see the details below (pics 5, 6 & 7). Pics 8-9, however, show the most heavily modded part so far, an abandoned quarry set into a cliff with pic 10 showing off the partially hidden steps down to the flooded zone.