[blockquote]
District: Eastside.
Cell name: SilgradCity0401.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 1 or more.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Middle.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

The interior has been made made (screenshot), it's in the cell for SCC0401, use the attached esp to start modding.

Please add a Northmarker, I'll set the rotation and connect the interior to the exterior.

Add a few windows to the interior building.

Background.

A small home for a middle class family.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-13-2008, 12:16 AM,

I have begun on the mod, but I am wondering when it lists dumner as race does it matter if they are Hlaalu, Redoran or Telvanni?

Also the class is middle, what about furniture is there specific furniture for Hlaalu, Redoran or Telvanni or can I choose any furniture from the class and mix it? I dont know what Hlaalu would use verses Redoran etc.

I also only saw poor and rich furniture do I mix that in a middle home? Thanks.

edit: also I need clarification on new id's. If I use StFurnImpBed01R I need to give it a new reference id within my cell like StZKFurnImpBed01R. Is that accurate? I understood it as everything I place into the mod.
02-13-2008, 02:10 AM,

Everything I say is just my two cents and if sandor disagrees with me on something I say below then he's right Smile

If it's a Dunmer home then Dunmer objects should preferrably be used. If you can't find a suitable alternative, like a doublesized bed, then it's ok to use a stock model from Oblivion instead.

Dunmer living in Silgrad Tower are most likely either Hlaalu or not affiliated with any Great House. There are some cases where house affiliation has an effect on which objects are placed in an interior. For instance each Great House has a special book that only members of their house would own, but they're easy to tell apart since the ID states for which house it is.

But the NPCs class has the most bearing on what objects goes into the cell. Some objects are divided into poor, middleclass and rich categories, mostly furniture but sometimes containers and trinkets as well. There aren't many middleclass Dunmer objects, since the old game didn't have that category and I've mostly recreated models based on the old game, but I've categorized some as middleclass to denote that they're neither rich nor poor. Redware objects are a good example of middleclass Dunmer objects that you wouldn't find in a shack nor a manor. When you can't find a middleclass object for a middleclass home then the rule of thumb is to go ahead and use a rich object, and since there aren't many middleclass objects you'd likely use a lot of rich objects. But it's still a middleclass home so that would have an impact on what kind of domestic loot the house would have.

edit: You don't have to give any objects reference ID's. They're only given to help a modder keep track of things, sortof like a way of writing a note for the object. Rather, you need to give an object a new Construction Set ID if you want to modify the object. If you want to change the contents of one of our containers for instance, open up one of them and change the ID to StZk[...]. Tweak it to your liking and then choose yes when the CS prompts you to create a new form.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM,

I agree with Razorwing's comments. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-13-2008, 09:25 PM,

Thanks Razorwing. Ok I will try and find as much redware and then default to rich. I now understand the ID thing and have done that when creating containers, horses etc. in other mods.

Thanks for agreeing Sandor Smile
02-16-2008, 03:44 PM,

Would the owners of this house be of any particular faction? If so what is it? What could it be as I figure they are just background NPCs.

edit: also the npc have dialogue. "Rumors". Should they have more? I saw a Generic dark elf dialogue in the editor.
02-17-2008, 06:43 PM,

I created 2 npcs lastname Andules. I created an AndulesFamily faction which I associated with the house and bed.

I used a few oblivion middle and upper class items as some of the items I tried to use only returned markers.

The only thing I am unsure of is the dialogue. At the moment they have "rumors", by default I am guessing. What other dialogue should they have?
02-18-2008, 09:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I created 2 npcs lastname Andules. I created an AndulesFamily faction which I associated with the house and bed.
That's fine.

I used a few oblivion middle and upper class items...
You can't use the vanilla items unless there's no alternative,

.... as some of the items I tried to use only returned markers.
It means that the meshes aren't in the correct folder, so please recheck your install. As you got the link (from Razorwing) for the private assets there shouldn't be any yellow exclamation markers.
Copy the folders from the private updates (meshes etc.) to the Oblivion>>Data folder.

The only thing I am unsure of is the dialogue. At the moment they have "rumors", by default I am guessing. What other dialogue should they have?
One GREETING and two topics e.g. about their jobs etc.

Add the topics to the result script of the GREETING.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM,

Thanks Sandor.

I really beg to differ on the quantity of items I have. I have loaded the assets twice with the same outcome.

example: WorldObjects/Static/Furniture/Dumer/StFurnDunRichTable08 is not there and neither is StFurnDunRichTable07. StFurnDunRichTable02, StFurnDunRichTable03 and StFurnDunRichTable04 are there. I have checked the appropriate folder with the same result.

It is happening on some other items but those are these ones I am dealing with at the moment.

I can get by without them as I have alternatives, but it does limit.
02-19-2008, 09:22 AM,

Thanks Sandor.

I really beg to differ on the quantity of items I have. I have loaded the assets twice with the same outcome.

example: WorldObjects/Static/Furniture/Dumer/StFurnDunRichTable08 is not there and neither is StFurnDunRichTable07. StFurnDunRichTable02, StFurnDunRichTable03 and StFurnDunRichTable04 are there. I have checked the appropriate folder with the same result.
I'll check the items you mentioned.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD