Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0440 [Old discussion RideWithTheWind]
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM,

That's great news!

Since it's my first claim, could you please check this esp to see if there is any compatibility/dependency/contamination issue? I had a contamination into Abandoned Mine and removed it but I don't know if I did it right.

Cluttering is not finished, no pathgrid, no dialogue and quest, it's just to see if I'm not doing anything wrong.

Also, I cannot find a lot of paintings in our assets, most of them display redoran architecture or Reich Parkeep. Or maybe I haven't found all of them? So I was wondering if I could add some custom paintings like this for example : http://www.rouen-musees.com/medias/musee...s-zoom.jpg ?
06-20-2009, 03:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by RideWithTheWind
So I was wondering if I could add some custom paintings like this for example : http://www.rouen-musees.com/medias/musee...s-zoom.jpg ?
That's fine.
Please contact Razorwing about the implementation, he's responsible for the assets.

I noticed you changed an existing light (screenshot).
Please use the attached file to continue with your modding (fixed).

Please reduce the the total number of rare books to 2-3.

Very nice modding! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-20-2009, 04:07 PM,

Yes, I opened and saved that light by accident but I think I didn't change its settings.
06-20-2009, 04:10 PM,

Yes, I opened and saved that light by accident but I think I didn't change its settings.
That explains why it was visible in the Gecko.
These kind of contaminations are removed before I merge the file to the esm, NP.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-21-2009, 11:08 PM,

Hi, new questions from a newbie!

Any reason why most of the havoked items in the cell are moving as soon as I touch one of them in-game?

For AI, I try to use the function 'select reference in render window' then I get a red crosshair but I cannot select anything with it. What am I doing wrong?

For AI and quest, I presume everything must happen in the house? The cell is not linked to any exterior cell so I think it's impossible to interact with anything outside the house.

How do you delete pathgrid points? (too lazy to search for this right now Big Grin)

TIA
06-22-2009, 12:38 AM,

Hi, new questions from a newbie!

Any reason why most of the havoked items in the cell are moving as soon as I touch one of them in-game?

For AI, I try to use the function 'select reference in render window' then I get a red crosshair but I cannot select anything with it. What am I doing wrong?

For AI and quest, I presume everything must happen in the house? The cell is not linked to any exterior cell so I think it's impossible to interact with anything outside the house.

How do you delete pathgrid points? (too lazy to search for this right now Big Grin)

TIA

If this is the first place you ask that is fine with me. It keeps me fresh on what I think I know.

As far as the havoc that is not my department but I do know what you are refering to.

You are correct the door would have to be linked for the NPC to get out. Speak to Sandor about that.

Before you can select a piece of furniture or anything else for AI you have to check persistant reference on that item in it's reference window.

To delete path grid points, select the path grid and press delete.
06-22-2009, 08:19 AM,

The havoc resets on the third game day, for a technical explanation I'll ask Razorwing.

For AI and quest, I presume everything must happen in the house?
Yes, unless you really want to use the external world.
If so you could link the house to the STLand (temporary exit) and create the AI.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-22-2009, 10:46 AM,

I've been away during the weekend. I'm glad to see your claim is progressing nicely RWTW, and I look forward to checking out the paintings you mentioned Smile

Havok physics is inert until it's activated, which happens when something collides with it. Could be the collision of an arrow striking an apple in the distance, or the collision box of an NPC or the player interacting with it, like picking up an apple from a bowl full of them. It happens to all physiqued objects to varying extents, including Bethesda's, and is normal.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-22-2009, 11:45 AM,

Quote:Havok physics is inert until it's activated

But if something collides on one item, that item should be the only one to move I think. Or I have different results, I move or touch one item and several different ones start moving or falling down from tables. Sometimes an item is even trown away in the air.

Is that behavior caused by wrong item placing? It may be that when 2 collision boxes are bleeding in each other, one of them is expelled from the other. Or is it something else?
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM,

Quote:Havok physics is inert until it's activated

But if something collides on one item, that item should be the only one to move I think. Or I have different results, I move or touch one item and several different ones start moving or falling down from tables. Sometimes an item is even trown away in the air.

Is that behavior caused by wrong item placing? It may be that when 2 collision boxes are bleeding in each other, one of them is expelled from the other. Or is it something else?

You could certainly play domino with havok physics hehe. If you place for instance a number of goblets close together in one long row then picking up goblet A will activate B who'll activate C and so on. Having said that, the havok physics I've created may not be as stable as it perhaps should be.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]