Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0440 [Old discussion RideWithTheWind]
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM,

I'm having trouble with the 'find' package. For instance I want my npc to work at his desk, looking around for tools etc. I set a location reference (the desk) then I set a target (a tool). But I want the package to last 2 hours and here the package stops as soon as the npc finds the target. In the faq board I see a info about some 'count' value but I cannot find it in the CS menus.

TIA.
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM,

RideWithTheWind, they are called animations. As far as I know we don't have an animation to do what you want to do. I suppose having a mope about animation would be convienent.

I believe these are all the animations at this point that we use.

- eat
- sleep
- read (use object at)
- drink (use object at)
- paint (use object at)

In the future now that we will be using SI we will have:

- mixing bowl
- writing
- others I am not sure of.

I believe Sandor said the SI animations need to be exported before we can use them.
06-24-2009, 08:10 AM,

You're right, I was talking about animations. Its a basic animation where you see the npc looking around and using his arm to search for an item. So I meant that this animation starts at 6 for instance, and stops immediately after the npc finds the target, while I would prefer to have the animation lasting two game hours.

The faq board specifically adress that issue but I cannot get it to work. I'll investigate a bit more then.

About SI animation I hope we'll also have the broom animation. And why not the dancing animation, then we could make a kind of 'house of earthly delights' like in tes3
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by RideWithTheWind
You're right, I was talking about animations. Its a basic animation where you see the npc looking around and using his arm to search for an item. So I meant that this animation starts at 6 for instance, and stops immediately after the npc finds the target, while I would prefer to have the animation lasting two game hours.

The faq board specifically adress that issue but I cannot get it to work. I'll investigate a bit more then.

About SI animation I hope we'll also have the broom animation. And why not the dancing animation, then we could make a kind of 'house of earthly delights' like in tes3

I have not witnessed what you are speaking of but I am interested. I am unfamiliar with the SI animations except for a couple but I know there are more.
06-25-2009, 08:19 AM,

Just attach the esp and mention the pack that causes the problem and I'll check it.

Sweeping is a general anim (use BroomLower01).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-25-2009, 09:45 AM,

That's ok, the animation is only meant to find an item, not to look after it. So it is just played once per item found, no workaround for this I think.

Instead, I'm having a problem with the sweeping animation, I can't get it to work. Could you please have a look at the attached esp to see what's going wrong? The package is : StRiScc0440ArySweeping14x4

(you'll get exclamation marks for missing models)
06-26-2009, 07:38 AM,

That's ok, the animation is only meant to find an item, not to look after it. So it is just played once per item found, no workaround for this I think.
That's correct.

Instead, I'm having a problem with the sweeping animation, I can't get it to work. Could you please have a look at the attached esp to see what's going wrong? The package is : StRiScc0440ArySweeping14x4

(you'll get exclamation marks for missing models)
I'll check it.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2009, 08:41 AM,

The anim works fine (screenshot).

Make sure you tick the DLCShiveringIsles.esp when playtesting.
It forces the game to load the SI meshes bsa which contains the kf file for the sweeping anim.

Please fix the PG error (attached) and move the shelf or bed (screenshot)

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-27-2009, 12:35 PM,

I understand now. Because you said that sweeping was a general animation I thought it was an animation from oblivion vanilla. I don't have SI around right now so I couldn't see the animation.

The furnitures at the upper floor are just there for testing purpose (I try to improve the upperclass furnitures texture by request from Razorwing).
06-28-2009, 04:42 PM,

I understand now. Because you said that sweeping was a general animation I thought it was an animation from oblivion vanilla. I don't have SI around right now so I couldn't see the animation.

Quote:From your previous post.
About SI animation I hope we'll also have the broom animation. And why not the dancing animation [...]
You were referring to SI anims, the next time I'll distinguish between general SI and general Oblivion vanilla anims, NP.

I'll prep the dancing anim as well. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD