Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0514 [Finished]
12-23-2008, 08:31 PM,

Done. Just use the voice files in the old archive if necessary.
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM,

Thanks Sam324. I will get right on it. I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Smile.
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM,

Wow, your timing scares me sometimes. :pop: I was actually reading the topic not more than five minutes before you replied.Cool
12-28-2008, 10:18 PM,

Hi Sam324 Smile.

You will want to add a wander packages to the characters for when they are not working a specific package.

You will need to 'add topic' to the 'result script' window in order for the topics to be said after the greeting.

When placing NPCs make sure they are on the pathgrid hex.(fixed)

NPCs with read packages should have a book in inventory Otherwise they will grab what ever is about causing possible messes.(fixed)

When placing your chairs/stools next to tables be sure to notice that the 'knees' of the NPC are not going to collide with the table. It can make mess.(fixed)

In general you cleaned it up nicely. It was a very small interior and I know how those can be when trying to place objects and NPCs.

When assigning furniture you dont have to create new objects, like 'Mindrelesstool', that is unless it is easier for you to do so.
Just assigning ownership to a particular object after placed into the cell will do.

Please add the wander packages, creating one wander package will do. Place it at the bottom of each NPC list.

You will also need to add the topics to the result script.
01-04-2009, 09:00 PM,

Ok, I've finished it. I'm wondering about the read package, though; if I added a target of a certain book (on a shelf), would that make her use the right book by picking it up and reading it, setting it down later? Kind of like that Radiant AI thing in the previews...I wish it was like that in the game. Anyway, here's the file. If anyone feels up to doing conversations/voice acting, it would definitely be appreciated.:yes:

Heh, what a mistake to make. I actually forgot to save the file in CS and uploaded the original.Big Grin
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM,

I will check it out asap. Smile

If you selected that book 'select reference/select reference in reference window' then I am sure it would be used. Whether the NPC would set it down again, I can't say as I have not tried it.
01-05-2009, 12:26 AM,

Hi Sam324.

You will need to add Mindrele's silgradcity topic to the result script.

Mindrele is suppose to be the mother, right? Why is she 21?

Also, the StLightComTorch10 is off by default. You might want to add different lighting to that area. Or remove the torch because you can hear it but not see any light from it. If you want to use it rename the object(remember to keep the 'St') and uncheck 'off by default'.

I have play tested, so once these are fixed I think it will be good to go.

*use your last esp to make the fixes.
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM,

Ok, fixed it all (except number two). I can't change her age because of a bug in the CS that causes it to crash if I open the Facegen tab on an NPC. I tried removing the book in her inventory in hopes that she'll read something in the cell (I set her to read any object of the type "Book"). Also, I can't playtest myself because the modding ESM crashes closes Oblivion (missing ESM for a mod) while the play one causes missing objects.
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sam324
Ok, fixed it all (except number two). I can't change her age because of a bug in the CS that causes it to crash if I open the Facegen tab on an NPC. I tried removing the book in her inventory in hopes that she'll read something in the cell (I set her to read any object of the type "Book"). Also, I can't playtest myself because the modding ESM crashes closes Oblivion (missing ESM for a mod) while the play one causes missing objects.

Ok I will take care of the age how old is she?

You did right by book type. Although, in my opinion, it is better to have a book in inventory unless you have a particular book for the NPC to read. I have noticed erratic behavor of objects sometimes when an NPC picks up books, food etc.

In anycase I will take care of the age and play test it one more time.
02-01-2009, 12:43 AM,

I don't really care about the age. Just make her something that would fit.