Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0521 [Finished]
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM,

Quote: "Hi there baby." add a condition (run on target) for the PC to be male and create a new info for a female NPC.

I was thinking she, the female npc, really didn't mind. Smile I will make appropriate changes.

Quote: His name is Rashi'd and I changed his race to Khajiit

That was a major oversight. Too much focus.

Thanks for the script.
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM,

Quote: Add an info in case the player has less than 50 Gold (Yes topic).
There is. "You'd better have something more than lint." That didn't play when you tested?
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
There is. "You'd better have something more than lint."
It's fine, I was in hurry so that's no good. :dunce:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-01-2008, 04:11 PM,

When the player activates the 'Rashid' topic without looking at inventory they will not see the 'whatelse' topic(TY).

If they look at the inventory after activating the 'Rashid' topic they still will not see the 'whatelse' topic unless they go back to the 'Rashid' topic. Seems like it could be over looked if one doesn't know.

I am thinking of adding addtopic 'whatelse' to the script. I will try it to see what happens.
05-01-2008, 04:16 PM,

I am thinking of adding addtopic 'whatelse' to the script. I will try it to see what happens.
That could solve the problem.

EDIT
I'll have a look as well.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-01-2008, 04:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
That could solve the problem.

EDIT
I'll have a look as well.

It didn't work. I think it has something to do with the script object/quest. I thought I read something on that yesturday. Still looking.
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM,

On my end it worked.
Meaning the topic "Whate else" shows up immediately after the PC exits the barter mode (and remains visible).

I removed the "addtopic StZKSCC0521WhatElse" from the result script of the "Rashid" topic.

Code:
scn STSrSCC0521

short DoOnce

Begin Menumode 1008

If Doonce == 0
    set DoOnce to 1
    addtopic StZKSCC0521WhatElse
Endif

End

EDIT
If you want the "What else" topic to be displayed after the PC read the "Rashid" topic you'll need another variable.

EDIT 2
I updated the script and removed the "short StSrSCC0521service" and the related getscriptvariable for the dials as well. ---> Version ending with "sr2".

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM,

I think having the "whatelse' topic coming up after the playe rlooks in the inventory is best. It doesn't need to come up any other time IMO.

I am trying to figure out how to stop the player from thinking there is more and clicks 'whatelse' topic again and pays another 100 gold for nothing. I am going to create another variable and another statement for the 'whatelse' topic. When the player activates 'betterWeapon' topic it will be updated. Good idea?
05-01-2008, 05:31 PM,

I think having the "whatelse' topic coming up after the playe rlooks in the inventory is best. It doesn't need to come up any other time IMO.

I am trying to figure out how to stop the player from thinking there is more and clicks 'whatelse' topic again and pays another 100 gold for nothing. I am going to create another variable for when the player activates 'betterWeapon' topic. Good idea?
You could select the "say once" flag.
If the PC selects the "no" choice he won't have a second chance to buy the weapons.

The 'betterWeapon' topic should have a "say once" flag as well.

Just an idea.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor

You could select the "say once" flag.
If the PC selects the "no" choice he won't have a second chance to buy the weapons.

The 'betterWeapon' topic should have a "say once" flag as well.

Just an idea.

One chance? It's a pretty stiff penaltySmile .

But if that is what your thinking I will make it so.