Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0521 [Finished]
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM,

Quote:Howdy

What other info about this claim can I help with
Enjoy
Bob

Hi Bob, my statement was aimed @ Sandor getting with you. In any case I am working on SCC0521 and intergrating Rashi'd Rajjik Smuggler, sells Weapons Has some pretty nice blunt weapons.
into the mod per Sandors request.

I guess I am just wondering how "nice" is nice as weapons go. It is a shack so very high priced items don't seem to fit the cell. But maybe he is a frugal with his money. Or maybe he also sells Skooma so keeping a low profile is the way he likes it.
04-29-2008, 11:23 PM,

Ok here is what I have for a dialogue.

Variables
Short BetterWeapon

Greetings -
adds topic 'Rashid'
sets BetterWeapon to 1

Rashid -
adds topic 'Whatelse'
"I am guessing the player has looked @ the inventory."

WhatElse -
adds topic 'BetterWeapons'
sets BetterWeapon to 2

BetterWeapons - (this is the show me dialogue)

Conditions:
GetIsId = Rashid
GetQuestVariable = BetterWeapon(should be 2)
GetDisposition = 95

The highest I can get Rashid's disposition is 75. Why is that?
When I set GetDisposition lower to 73 and use >= it still doesn't work.

I am also stuck on how to add the "Pretty nice" weapons to the vendor when all three condition have been met.

What do you think so far.

I am adding the esp. for more insight.
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Quote:Howdy

What other info about this claim can I help with
Enjoy
Bob

Hi Bob, my statement was aimed @ Sandor getting with you. In any case I am working on SCC0521 and intergrating Rashi'd Rajjik Smuggler, sells Weapons Has some pretty nice blunt weapons.
into the mod per Sandors request.

I guess I am just wondering how "nice" is nice as weapons go. It is a shack so very high priced items don't seem to fit the cell. But maybe he is a frugal with his money. Or maybe he also sells Skooma so keeping a low profile is the way he likes it.

Well the weapons are unigue weapons, but the prices only range from 500 to 2000 maybe a bit more, which is high for a smuggler living in a shack

the shack is not a ruse, its his real living place, but I think you have a good idea with the skooma but not sells, is addicted to...he smuggles the weapons, sells and pays his supplier and wastes the rest of his money on skooma or he is frugal and has tons of loot at the bank which might be a good alternate, as it can be used in a thieving quest

:check:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-30-2008, 04:21 PM,

Thanks Bob. That is very workable. As I stated in the previous thread I am having issues with instigating the whole script. I am sure I will figure it as I have before. Smile

Anyone know if you can additem in a result script?
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM,

I reworked it a bit as I was having issues with the disposition becuase I don't understand it.
I removed the condition of disposition and added a cost of 50 gold to get further.

Variables
Short BetterWeapon

Greetings -
adds topic 'Rashid'
sets BetterWeapon to 1

Rashid -
adds topic 'Whatelse'
"I am guessing the player has looked @ the inventory."

WhatElse -
I added choices:
'give 50 gold'
'do not give 50 gold'

give 50 gold - (this works but the player needs to have atleast 50 gold. I guess gold would go to minus)
sets BetterWeapon to 2
adds topic BetterWeapons
removes 50 gold from player

do not give 50 gold -
goodbye

BetterWeapons - (this is the show me dialogue)

Conditions:
GetIsId = Rashid
GetQuestVariable = BetterWeapon(should be 2)

1.How do you check to see if the player has atleast fifty gold to give? What function?

2.I am still working on finding a function to add items to the Vendor Chest that will work in the result script.
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM,

1.How do you check to see if the player has atleast fifty gold to give? What function?

One thing I have used is GetItemCount and it works fine for me.
like if GetItemCount (gold ID I don't remember it) => 50

2.I am still working on finding a function to add items to the Vendor Chest that will work in the result script.

I had one problem with my smith in one claim. It appeared that all the items in the house were able to be sold, also the items in the cell, not only the ones in vendor chest.

I'm not sure but if you put owner of the cell as the merchant, he should also sell things like his own plates, forks, books and stuff...(on tables or ground)

Try putting these valuable weapons on floor and playtest it. At least it worked for me...

And if it works, use the enable function as a result script in dialogue...( you first need to disable these items in CS)
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM,

Thanks Hegemege

Quote: I had one problem with my smith in one claim. It appeared that all the items in the house were able to be sold, also the items in the cell, not only the ones in vendor chest.

I'm not sure but if you put owner of the cell as the merchant, he should also sell things like his own plates, forks, books and stuff...(on tables or ground)
I use faction as an owner of the cell and npc as owner of a door. Maybe using faction would help in that instance.
Quote: One thing I have used is GetItemCount and it works fine for me.
like if GetItemCount (gold ID I don't remember it) => 50
Yes I was using that but I was not using "run on target". It seems fine now.I am also using additem in the result script to add the items after the player pays which seems to work flawlessly now. I dont think I was using the correct ID in the beginning.
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM,

I'm not still sure that can you add items into a chest from nowhere(script)? Maybe I'll test it, but not tonight, I'm too tired now. ;(
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM,

Hi sandor. Well here it is. I think it works well, unless it will misbehave when I am not the one testing it.Smile

I kept the idea that the player has to pay Rashid to be able to see the better weapons.

1. I added StCuWeapDwemerBattleAxe to the better weapons I hope that is alright.
2. How much should the player have to pay? It is set @ 50 gold right now.
3. I didn't add any dialogue for Skooma. I just left a few empty bottles about the cell. Bob said he may want to add to it later.

edit: When I additem in the result script I use count 1. But for some reason when you look in the inventory it shows 2 of the items that were added. I am not sure why this is but I would prefer 1.
05-01-2008, 09:34 AM,

When I additem in the result script I use count 1. But for some reason when you look in the inventory it shows 2 of the items that were added. I am not sure why this is but I would prefer 1.
It's a bug, I don't have that problem, make sure you use the latest patch.
Extra info.

The highest I can get Rashid's disposition is 75. Why is that?
If you have two Imperials the disp. will be much higher if you have a Khajiit and an Imperial it will be lower. It's defined by the game, further factors like personality are playing a role.

Some info about what can be sold inside an interior (or not).

blue[/HR]

Review.

General.

His name is Rashi'd and I changed his race to Khajiit (otherwise you have to unpack your bsa's).

Add a weapon to his inventory (he's a smuggler and sells weapons), so he can defend himself in a better way.

Dialogue.

The variables (BetterWeapon) are not necessary because they don't influence the dial sequence.

"Hi there baby." add a condition (run on target) for the PC to be male and create a new info for a female NPC.

For the next time don't split topics into many short lines like Rashid/SilgradCity. We will record the voices and if not we'll add silent audio files. For testing, just hit "Esc" and you'll have all the time you need to read the text.

Please change the emotion type and values for the different infos and lines.

Add an info in case the player has less than 50 Gold (Yes topic).

Checking if the PC activated the barter menu.

Code:
scn STSrSCC0521

short StSrSCC0521service
short DoOnce

Begin Menumode 1008; 1008 == barter/container menu

If Doonce == 0
    set StSrSCC0521service to 1
    set DoOnce to 1
Endif

End

The script is attached to the NPC and I gave the NPC a Reference Editor ID.

The "What else" topic (screenshot) won't show up unless the PC activated the barter menu. I assume that's how you intended it, please check and change it when necessary.

Use the attached file continue with your modding.

EDIT
I didn't check for floaters yet, make it 100 Gold, it's still low compared to the expensive weapons he sells.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD