Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server change to occur on September 17th
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM,
Server change to occur on September 17th
I've been contacted by the company that hosts silgrad.com. They informed me that this server will get shut down on September 17th, and all sites here will be moved to another of their servers which is better and faster. This will likely mean that we won't have to endure any downtime during nights (C.E.T.) anymore and that the forum will respond faster.

Unfortunately they won't be transplanting us over on the new server, but rather I will do that manually. I hope it goes well. Just the same, be sure to back up any important information you might have here in time before September 17th.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM,

Hmmmm.....

Right now im feeling 2 opposite emotions:
fear( :eekSmile & pbjt( :banana: :bananarockSmile

on one hand: faster
WOOOOHOOOOO

on the other:
Quote:Prepare for September 17! :chaos:

SSSSSSSccccccaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyy
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
08-01-2007, 01:57 AM,

Thanks for the Heads Up...

I sure hope this transistion goes smoothly
any projected down time between old off and new on?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-01-2007, 02:13 AM,

Sounds a bit scary i agree, but i hate when the site gets really slow, or vanishes entirely at night. Several people have commented on it, so it'll be nice to have a faster, more consistent server.

btw, why does the server go down at night sometimes?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-01-2007, 05:13 AM,

wait.... night.... that would be early morning at GMT -8 right?
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
08-01-2007, 05:27 AM,

Well i'm on EST, which is GMT -5, so it goes down at what is night for me, and what would be very early morning on GMT (like 3:00) At least that's my experience. It makes sense too, cause the server's on CET (central european time), and nobody should be online at 4 in the morning.

Man these timezones get confusing. Flyboy, you're on PST? For you, the server would go down early night, around 7-8 pm i think. Happens around 10-11 pm for me.

Can't wait till it's always up and always fast, then i don't have to think and do math during the summer.

A nifty thought, it's 1:22 AM for me, but razorwing's waking up right now, as it's 7:22 in sweden (that is if he doesn't get up ridiculously early or late)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-01-2007, 05:32 AM,

Satan is Coming

And on that note i say Good day Big Grin
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-01-2007, 05:38 AM,

well, technically it's only really "day" from GMT-1 to GMT+11 or so. Anywhere from GMT+12 to GMT-2 is in night, or very very early morning.

I've found a link to a time-zones map, there's no stopping me!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-01-2007, 05:39 AM,

green? wtf?!
:lmao:
yes i am pacific time.
08-20-2007, 04:43 PM,

Oh yeah, Razorwing, make sure to test those instructions I gave you on something else, if those are the ones you are using... I'm not guaranteeing anything :S
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83