Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Land (with pics!)
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM,

DarkAsmodeous, where did you read that 6 * 6 is the LOD limit?
10-07-2006, 08:51 PM,

I have read, and both Gyssar and myself have tested this.

We were both shocked to find that SOMETIMES a 7th row is possible to the north, though neither of us used it as it was far too iffy and we didn't want to risk it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM,

You are positive then? Because it would seem that only 4 * 4 shows up as LOD in this case... I'll look to see if the CS generated that area (it should have)
10-07-2006, 09:49 PM,

my main complaint is that that mountains rise very steeply and dont look too natural...
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-07-2006, 10:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
my main complaint is that that mountains rise very steeply and dont look too natural...

I understand. I will fix that if ID could take some pics of the land by the sea, mainly concentrating on the height. So I can know if my attempt to fix it will work or not.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-07-2006, 11:00 PM,

a
10-07-2006, 11:15 PM,

Nice pics ID Smile
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-07-2006, 11:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Nice pics ID Smile

Thanks. =)
10-08-2006, 09:46 AM,

Ok, I think I can fix it then. If you can live with most of the land looking like pic 1
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-08-2006, 10:16 AM,

Question is what would be the comparison between the pics and the land that was there previously?

The heart of the landscape of Morrowind is the hills and the valleys - as it is in Scotland, with specific lowland areas. If speedtree is unable to cope then better to drop it, recruit more helpers, and do it by hand.

Unless you want to make a Vanilla Cyrodiil ST?

It's all very well to work with the Developer's tools, but when they cannot do the job, junk them.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman