Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Land (with pics!)
10-08-2006, 10:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Question is what would be the comparison between the pics and the land that was there previously?

The heart of the landscape of Morrowind is the hills and the valleys - as it is in Scotland, with specific lowland areas. If speedtree is unable to cope then better to drop it, recruit more helpers, and do it by hand.

Unless you want to make a Vanilla Cyrodiil ST?

It's all very well to work with the Developer's tools, but when they cannot do the job, junk them.

I did say that first would come a test version. And then I tweak the hell out of it. Just trying to offer some help, even if it's not overly wanted.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-08-2006, 03:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
Ok, I think I can fix it then. If you can live with most of the land looking like pic 1

Alright, so what do you want specifically? All it needs is a little softening, the land itself looks reasonable as it is. Pic 1 shows the border of the quad LOD-less.
10-08-2006, 03:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
Ok, I think I can fix it then. If you can live with most of the land looking like pic 1

Alright, so what do you want specifically? All it needs is a little softening, the land itself looks reasonable as it is. Pic 1 shows the border of the quad LOD-less.

Softening is precisely what I wanted to do. Just make my brush the size of half a quad and soften the hell out of it Tongue I will add some hills and mountains to make it look real though. But it will be less bumpy.
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM,

Just to whet more of your appetites, I got rid of the silly purple texture!
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM,

It looks grand! :yes:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-09-2006, 12:18 AM,

:dance:

Lovin' the fourth pic!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
10-09-2006, 06:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
:dance:

Lovin' the fourth pic!

Damn Sad Those were supposed to be my marshes Tongue
10-09-2006, 05:38 PM,

Looks really good so far! Nice job on this Smile
10-09-2006, 08:33 PM,

I like the style; much less generic than Beth's heightmap
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
10-09-2006, 08:39 PM,

yeah it looks great... like even with some bumps, itll look even better with foilage and the right textyures.. .its hard to judge a naked landscape