Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower v2.0 RELEASED
04-03-2007, 01:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
For some reason, the Redoran exterior building meshes appear to be always the _far versions. I've downloaded the ST meshes three times now, and everytime I extract the files, I only have the low res models. They're even named the same. Now everytime I'm loading up Maar Gan for the Vvardenfell mod, all my buildings immediately change to the far versions... why is this!?

It's explained in the release post. Trusted members of the Vvardenfell team will soon get access to the full models through KuKulzA.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-03-2007, 01:26 AM,

Ah, I see. Could you quote it please? I cannot seem to find anything about that in the release post... does this mean I cannot mod for Vvardenfell until we're granted access to full models?
04-03-2007, 01:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Ah, I see. Could you quote it please? I cannot seem to find anything about that in the release post... does this mean I cannot mod for Vvardenfell until we're granted access to full models?

It's in the section called "-=PUBLIC/PRIVATE=-".

No not at all, the public models (after public update 1) behave exactly like the private models when it comes to placement, havok, and other things. If you place a chair on the floor it will keep it's position with both the public and private model for that interior, and so on. It's just a visual change and doesn't affect your modding work.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-03-2007, 01:51 AM,
RE: Silgrad Tower v2.0 RELEASED
I am quite impressed with the videos and stills. Unfortunately, my gaming computer contracted a terminal case of "smoke release." When the new one arrives, I will download this version.
04-03-2007, 01:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
It's just a visual change and doesn't affect your modding work.
?( Then why don't I have the normal Redoran buildings after I download the ST update? They're gone completely, all I have are the _far versions.

This is what my modded town now looks like.
04-03-2007, 02:07 AM,

The ST modding update is different from the private version. The modding update is specifically for modding, and is what everything is merged to, while the private version is just the same thing, but with better looking models.

For modding, you really don't need good looking models. All you really need are models with the same collision, which is exactly what the models in the public version are.

What we're trying to say is that your mod will only be affected visually, so you can continue modding and nothing bad will happen. For the final version, all the crap models will be automatically replaced with the good models, so everything will look much better (also the private assets)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-03-2007, 02:22 AM,

This private/public thing is kinda like game devs using progressively tougher and more irritating copy protecting systems to subvert privacy. All they do is punish the user that wouldn't pirate/steal models.

Were alot of people stealing the models? Even if they were they'll gladly steal lower quality models. Plagiarism isn't even respected. Users that repost models usually get flamed right away. If the hide it in a mod people find out, and if they don't it doesn't really do much damage.
04-03-2007, 02:23 AM,

Ah, I think I get it now. =)

So, when will the final version be released?
04-03-2007, 02:28 AM,

The final version will be released.... when it'd done Big Grin No other way to put it

BUT, if you want to get the private models, just claim and do a ton of stuff, be nice to the admins, and they'll eventually promote you to the rank of STModder, meaning you have access to the private stuff. It's all in the release post really.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-03-2007, 02:35 AM,

But I had all the models I needed before from the public release, when I downloaded the v2.0 public, the models for the Redoran exterior buildings changed themselves to the far versions.