Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Traders Guild - Motive Line
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM,

To be honest KuKulza: the Trader's Guild seems more Imperial in origin to me, it's supposed to be the forte of the Imperials to be able to trade ("They make excellent diplomats and traders"). But it could be fun to put the roots of the Trader's Guild in Redoran, but that it has been increasingly human-influenced, especially Imperial....

(btw: I like the symbols TID&KuKulza, when I think about it, a caravan might be the best symbol)
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-05-2007, 05:39 PM,

Quote:KKA sez: They need to keep a high level of respectability, yet Thieves Guild is undermining that
Not understanding how the Thieves guild are undermining anything if they have been eradicated in Vvardenfell.

Your concept re the shrinking opportunites in Redoran territories makes some sense, especially if you consider that those who had monies invested in the slave trade will require a new source of income. And this would then be balanced by demand re martial goods. I still believe that War = Manufacture and Trade opportunities, in addition to loot. So I am suggesting that with the overall Redoran ecomomy is being squeezed therer is an intensification of competition within it, hence the split within the Traders' Guild.

Cuthalion, I believe that the concept of a Traders' Guild began with discussions about all the small traders' stalls, esp in Vivec where they have the Guild Halls of individual Trades, and that it would be a natural progression to have some kind of organisation that would include all those factions outside the 'structure' of things, including the Ashlanders ...

If you remember they were natives without Imperial alignment, and in fact some of them were actually smuggling luxury goods banned by the Imperials ... And this would fit in very nicely with the need of ex-slavers (likely hawks) seeking new ways to profit.

It is easy for some people to want everything to be Empire because they see the Empire as the winners. But please consider that where there are winners there have to be losers too, opponents and victims.

In times of great upheaval, esp when the Emperor dies that is when other factions and Provinces sense a killing.

In the long tapestry of History attempts on the part of the Provinces or factions within them to break away or gain control of the Empire may be transitory or insignificant, but that does not mean that they will not occur.

The transitory nature of such efforts offers us very real opportunities as modders to introducer new factions and events ... because in the next TES release such things will have passed without affecting the new game area...

So why not an Imperial Traders Guild? Because they would exist Empire-wide ... No other Province has one ... hence this is a native faction.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM,

What I meant was that rich Imperial trader's would want a part of the profit made in Morrowind, and thus gaining a foothold in the Trader's Guild... Foothold + time = Conquer....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-05-2007, 08:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
To be honest KuKulza: the Trader's Guild seems more Imperial in origin to me, it's supposed to be the forte of the Imperials to be able to trade ("They make excellent diplomats and traders"). But it could be fun to put the roots of the Trader's Guild in Redoran, but that it has been increasingly human-influenced, especially Imperial....
oh... ok...
well I guess you guys go with the Imperialized idea then :yes:

but I got the traditional Redoran-based guild idea from exactly where Raggidman did
Quote:Originally Posted by raggidman
Cuthalion, I believe that the concept of a Traders' Guild began with discussions about all the small traders' stalls, esp in Vivec where they have the Guild Halls of individual Trades, and that it would be a natural progression to have some kind of organisation that would include all those factions outside the 'structure' of things, including the Ashlanders ...

I'll save my traditional Dunmer merchant ideas for Ashlander traders and Vivec then Wink

EDIT:
does this mean the Traders Guild is basically like the EEC and the Hlaalu in practice?
01-05-2007, 10:25 PM,

You lost me in "EEC", what is that?

But anyway: I feel like we are giving the Imperials a little bit too little influence in the province of Morrowind, most of the NPC's I create in my writing for Silgrad Tower are Dunmer, as they should be, but can't Imperials be allowed to have a presence in Morrowind with the skills they should ( Elder Scrolls Races Lore - Dunmer ) posses, litterally quoted: "the Imperials have proved to be shrewd diplomats and traders, and these traits, along with their remarkable skill and training as light infantry, have enabled them to subdue all the other nations and races, and to have erected the monument to peace and prosperity that comprises the Glorious Empire.". They have spread the wealth, how? By trade.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-05-2007, 11:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
You lost me in "EEC", what is that?

East Empire Company.
01-06-2007, 12:39 AM,

Cuthalion, If you adopt the East Empire Company as well as the Redoran or Dunmer Traders Guild then you have the 'natural' competition as well as the internally devisive dispute which might go a long way to explain the weakness of the Redoran in the face of the Hlaalu = the Redoran Traders have been fighting among themselves ...

... and if you then add the Traders' Guild to what is happening in Vvardenfell with KKA's war then it gets even more Byzantine = pure Morrowind Chaos! Big Grin :brew:

And don't forget to take a look at the TES3 Cerro and University threads either ... the University is being set up to link all sorts of stuff together ...

Well I expect that this way you will have a lot more fun - wajja think?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-06-2007, 01:26 AM,

everything being interconnected is super-fun!

and Trader Guild CAN have Imperials... Dunmer often dislike outlanders, but they aren't so opposed if the foreigners fulfill a good service...
like often foreign mercenaries are used..
so for Trader's Guild, maybe outsiders serve also as agents to import and export the Redoran goods outside of just Redoran territory and its borders

like an Argonian trader might be able to arrange the shipment of rare lumber from the Black Marsh... a Nord may be able to acquire quality wolf and bear pelts... an Orc maybe quality Orcish armors from Orsinium... maybe an Altmer can get shipments of fine items and rare goods and books and magical wares....
01-06-2007, 01:36 AM,

In TES3, was the Traders Guild there? Was it Imperial or Dunmer?
01-06-2007, 01:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
In TES3, was the Traders Guild there? Was it Imperial or Dunmer?
no, but very small Guilds that were never joinable were in Vivec City...

which I know is where originally the Silgrad Tower's Traders Guild was inspired from

I mean Vivec City had...

St. Olms Canton
Farmers and Laborers Hall
Tailors and Dyers Hall
Tanners and Miners Hall

St. Delyn Canton
Glassworkers Hall
Potters Hall