Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Traders Guild - Motive Line
02-17-2007, 11:32 AM,

Ok, that's a problem....

Do we actually go exactly by the book on this one? KuKulza, raggidman, Razorwing, let your opinions be heard please...
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM,

welll even if the Traders Guild was under Imperial decree...that was before the Imperials totally consolidated their hold on Morrowind, it was when they had a tenuous hold and wanted to get cash flowing as soon as possible...

thus once the Imperial hold was stronger, the EEC and Hlaalu power came around, and even affected the Redoran lands...
so maybe the Traders Guild has gone through changes...
at first it was guarded by Legionnaires, but then as the Legions moved out Redoran came to protect them for a price, then as Imperial Guilds moved in Guild-Fighters protected them...
but now that the Fighters Guild has its issues, the Legions are pulling out or scattered, the Redoran are hard hit, and EEC and Hlaalu more vicious than ever in their cut-throat business style... crushing competition...

while the Elder Council is deciding how to support loyalists in the different provinces and how to repair Cyrodiil... it doesn't have time to look at a small region Traders Guild in a less lucrative corner of Morrowind...

so the Traders Guild is practically autonomous by now...

even if we go by the book, such a Guild has to adapt to survive...

if they remained totally Imperial, Redoran locals would get pissed at them, if they got too friendly with the EEC, they might get merged, if they get too friendly with Hlaalu they worry about being backstabbed or embezzlement...

I can see a bunch of Cyrodiilics dressed in traditional Dunmer attire, speaking Dunmeric, invitinglocal Redoran traders to the guild... you know, blending in with the Redoran while remaining an Imperial decreed Traders Guild...
sorta like how the French often married into the Huron tribes in colonial America and became good diplomats and secured good alliances...

maybe the Traders Guild Imperials are marrying into local trading Redoran clans and local lower-nobility...

Confusedhrug: just some of my thoughts
02-17-2007, 07:32 PM,

By the book

No, I wouldn't say you need to do that, the references are mearly a sugesstion to give you some info and help in your developement of this Quest

KK has some good suggestions

Smile
Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM,

When we look at KuKulzA's explanation and my story I don't think much has to be changed.

If we change the "Imperial Decret" to "by high Imperial political figure" (or some such), this imperial would have created a neutral faction taking advantage of the lack of influence the EEC has in Silgrad & surrounding areas. From ebonycaravans they gone to exhortion of local shops, etc. Since the death of this founding Imperial father, all of the houses and a group of local imperials have gotten equal control over the Silgrad Traders Guild. This formed a problem for the EEC, they could trade with and imperial Traders Guild, but not with a mostly dunmeric Traders Guild. They sought other ways of transporting their ebony to Cyrodiil, they found it. Effectively robbing the Silgrad Traders Guild of 90% of their profit. This is the basis for their hatred against eachother.

So the Silgrad Traders Guild adjusted and became dependant upon other caravans and shops. But now they're in trouble:

The STG is weak because of bandits, and the STG is not allowed more guards:

1 Kaye could accept the offer of the EEC, to let the EEC take over the STG
2 Kaye could accept the offer of the Redoran side of the STG Senate, letting Redoran men protect the caravans
3 Kaye could accept the idea of the Imperial side of the STG Senate, hiring more freelance guards

Downsides:

1 Well, seems obvious
2 Kaye would be in debt with the Redoran, the Imperials in the STG would not like going back to the more conservative ways
3 Kaye's political 'friends' are backing off, thus it would be difficult to legally hire more freelance guards

This is a compromise, do you agree bob & Kukulza ?

PS: Bob, will the Traders Guild questline ?ctually be featured in the mod?

Thanx,
Cuthalion
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
03-24-2007, 12:54 AM,

sounds good to me...

but I hope my adapting and native-izing Imperials idea is used Confusedhrug:
just cause I think its a neat idea to show how they have blended in
03-24-2007, 03:08 PM,

It is KuKulzA, this Imperial who originally founded the STG had associates; the grand-children of these associates are now in the STG Council...
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
03-24-2007, 03:17 PM,

Howdy

I moved this to WIP it is obvious that we want to persue this quest line, and I feel that with Cuthalion leading the way we can make this a nice quest for the traders guild Big Grin

Cuthalion: With regard to featuring this questline for the traders guild, I have no objection to that, of course their will be and should, other quests involving the traders guild, but this would be the main quest for
the traders guild andhow we play it out will determine the course of future quest development with regard to the guild

I don't recall seeing it, but is the traders guild going to be joinable ?

Enjoy
Bob

03-24-2007, 04:08 PM,

Well, from what I heard, there was a topic before I joined the forum (meaning somewhere before last summer) that had the conclusion there wasn't going to be a joinable Traders Guild. However, I started that discussion again by posting this and the Questline Traders Guild thread.

Motive Line means this is what the Traders Guild mainquest would focus around, not that it is the mainquest on itself....

I already wrote some starting quests for the Traders Guild, I'll write some more...
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
03-24-2007, 05:30 PM,

Very Good

So if its not a joinable guild yet, we have a good start on reasons it should be Smile

I'd like to see your other ideas as well

Thanks Much

Bob