Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sixth House plans on Vvardenfell
12-24-2005, 11:35 PM,

But I presume that house Dagoth would be weaker.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-24-2005, 11:37 PM,

Most likely. But they do know how to survive and hold grudges.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-24-2005, 11:41 PM,

You got that right.
12-26-2005, 06:28 PM,

you have to consider....
House Dagoth has survived for 3 thousand years at least sometimes living in cities with other Dunmer, sometimes as militant barbarians disguised as Ashlanders... sometimes as outlaws and rebels... and most powerful of all, a corprus-cult...

so considering all that they have doneand how well they have recovered from near extermination and numerous purges... I admire that
12-26-2005, 10:23 PM,

Me too, but times change and so does the warfare....
12-27-2005, 07:18 PM,

well yeah... you see House Dagoth changes dramatically....
at first it is like any other House in that there are noblemen as war leaders, hirelings and House warriors as the bulk of the army...
but then after their "extermination"..... they went underground as secretive folk... some went in the garb of Ashlanders and lived as barbarians ensuing in guerilla warfare.....

Dunmer warfare has always been about the individual warrior.... see, even their highest war leader, the Hortator, must lead by example.... so Dunmer warriors are familiar with a charge en masse... but not organized formations, and they more often lay ambushes that use formations and placement of cohorts to win....
but the 6th House warriors at Abernanit used a shield wall... although they were defeated by Ordinators and Buoyant Armiger eventually....

and the newest incarnation has been an Sixth House Cult... the soldiery isn't impressive.... naked cultists... but the corprus beasts are.... strong enough to be fighting Ordinators with a very good chance at victory... and ordinators are probably the srongest and most zealous warriors known to Dunmer
12-28-2005, 07:45 AM,

Quite inovative I must say. Smile
12-29-2005, 01:21 AM,

yeah... you have to be innovative when you are a few meters from extinction.... in a way they are like Ashlanders... remnants of ancient people still holding on...
except House Dagoth is adaptive.... it assumes whatever role or form of rebellion that would be most effective.... also, House Dagoth is a House known for fanaticism, sabotage, assassination... and tenacity.... but as you can see in Dagoth Ur and all the Dagoths... they have a sense of honor... but also hold grudges and right-&-wrong.... and if you are on their "wrong list" they will try to kill you... and if you are on their "right list" you have to prove yourself, by rising through their ranks.... (if you are a member)
12-29-2005, 03:20 AM,

uh, hey i just remembered something, weren't we goign to have quests that revolved around cleaning up remnants of the sixth house? would those be affected if you are a house dagoth member?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-30-2005, 05:41 PM,

yes... but those would be quests for Buoyant Armigers and Ordinators....
remember all those secret cultist caves and grottos?
well, of course the Temple is gonna try to take them down.... but Kogoruhn.... or Red Mt., I doubt they'd attack it ...despite their zealousness....
so yeah, they'll try to destroy the smaller bases, trying to cripple Sixth House influence on the rest of Vvardenfell and confine it to the Red Mt.

but as a member of House Dagoth, you'll be pulling off assassinations, thwarting Ordinators, hunting down and hustling smugglers to "persuade" them to carry out Sixth House orders... all that fun stuff