Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis' Grassy Region: Area Claim #06 [Finished]
11-03-2010, 09:26 AM,

Cheers Sandor,

Thanks for explanation. :explained:
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM,

OKay, to what extent should I complete the house. Should I place the NPC and set ownership or should I allow whoever picks up my quest to do what they want with that.
11-06-2010, 06:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
OKay, to what extent should I complete the house. Should I place the NPC and set ownership or should I allow whoever picks up my quest to do what they want with that.
Please finish the house, set ownership, add a pathgrid, place the NPC and give it some AI.

TIA.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-06-2010, 06:35 AM,

Sure,

Will be ready with .esp within a week.
11-06-2010, 07:47 AM,

Great! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM,

Make that 2 hours! Tongue

P.S, I'm not great at AI but I did as I could, and am aware there may be errors in the AI packages etc. The thing I cant seem to stop however is him just continuing to sleep after 6:00AM, he sometimes wont stop. I cant seem to work my way around the problem.
11-06-2010, 10:37 AM,

Thanks, I'll check it asap.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM,

Some general info about AI, NPC's and pathgrids.

AI.
  • Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

• For the location: Don't use "in cell", it can produce unexpected behavior.

• Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

• Add a wander package type: Time and duration any and none. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.
[blockquote]
Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none, it will be executed when there are no other packages active (with a higher priority). That's why these have to be last in the list. The NPC will wander when there are no other packages defined/active.
[/blockquote]

AI and assigning a specific bed to a NPC.

[blockquote] You can't select e.g. a bed in a sleep package unless you checked "persistent reference".[/blockquote]

Pathgrid.

th = tetrahedron, node

Change (select and press Alt) the blue th's into red th's or create a priority path (connect the blue th's to each other).
Make sure the th's touch the door markers and the sh's of the furniture.

Don't bleed th's into the wall, the skirting board, furniture or a door.

This th is correctly placed.
This th is bleeding into the furniture.

Don't place a th on the stairs (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

NPC.

Check "Autocalc" Stats after you changed the level of your NPC, so the stats are updated.
Check "No rumors" is no longer required because we have our own Generic dialogue (WIP) and rumors.
Add a fooditem count "-1" to the inventory of the NPC.

Silgrad Tower has it's own generic dialogue system hence every NPC has to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.

It's also possible to create evil NPC's. ST NPC's have to be a member of the StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction or another non-evil faction, if not the NPC will be considered as evil.

Customize the Agression, Confidence, Energy level, Responsibility and personality.
Be careful with the aggression value.

blue[/HR]

My remarks.

Don't place a th on the stairs, place the NPC on a th, don't use 'in cell' (use e.g. near editor location) for AI packs, make these chronological. Use a wander pack as described above. Don't overlap time or duration for AI packs.

If you define time and duration it's not necessary to use the 'once per day' flag.
Don't select 'must complete' for normal AI packs like sleeping etc.

Add a food item count '-1' to the inventory and add the ST dial factions (see above).

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
The thing I cant seem to stop however is him just continuing to sleep after 6:00AM, he sometimes wont stop. I cant seem to work my way around the problem.
The packages continue because you selected 'continue if PC near'.
It's intended for shop keepers (after the shop has been closed) and the pack will continue to run until you leave the interior. Don't use it for normal NPC's it can cause problems.

I'll merge the file and made the necessary fixes.

Nice work. Smile

Please post the quest draft on the Quest dev. board.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-10-2010, 04:26 AM,

Found I had a spare hour or two Smile

I finished and playtested the quest. I might expand on it later adding a conscequence taking a long time.
Right now Alriks behavior changes and he begins to wander outside when the quest is completed.
I also added some of my custom West Gash Rocks ourside the house to make it more intresting.
I also added a map marker for the location.
12-10-2010, 05:26 AM,

Thanks, I'll merge the file. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD