Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #008: Guls Ancestral Tomb [Open]
11-13-2008, 05:30 PM,

Any progress on this IJ?
11-13-2008, 05:42 PM,

Yes, progress, no not a lot.

My home computer is in 3 different rooms at the moment, and has been for a few months now Sad Its gonna be a while longer before I'm back up and running, due to tight funds and holiday season's approach Sad

I haven't forgotten though, and am slowly getting things put back together. My room mate's box is also cooked (we had a freak lightning storm and apparently our surge protectors aren't surge protectors), otherwise I could at least make use of that an hour or two every now and again.

Whichever is up first gets the TESCS back, and I'll be back on track!

Sorry for the disaster and the long silence because of it >.<
11-13-2008, 06:23 PM,

Thank you for the fast reply. Smile

Sorry to hear about the computers. Sad There's no huge rush on this though, so that's okay. Whenever you find convenient should be fine. :goodjob: Good luck on getting things running and ready for the holidays!
11-13-2008, 08:53 PM,

It's nice to hear that such a highly respected dungeon modder such as yourself is still around. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM,

Ibsen's Ghost: Aw shucks Blush Yeah, I'm not goin' anywhere. I just gotta find a way of getting new computers faster than they can explode. . .

TheImperialDragon + anyone else who's keeping tabs on this Smile : I've got the TESCS up on my wife's PC, but I don't have the same level of access to it that I did my own (she likes using her own PC, imagine that, heheh). This means that I'm back in business to some extent, and am workin' on crossing things off of that big To Do list right now. Yay!

Once things stop breaking (most recently, my speedometer on my car), and my finances get a little less hole-ridden as a result, I should get back up to full speed.
11-19-2008, 07:12 PM,

Okay, thanks for the update. Smile Take whatever time you need.
11-21-2008, 02:44 AM,

I'm moving along bit by bit. I've got level's 1, 2, 2b, 2c, and 2d all done, as far as that long To-Do list goes Smile

I'm not sure how to go about using a subspace for level 3's central room though... The door leading into it is positioned such that I can't get a subspace around it without having a certain chunk of the other room sucked in as well Sad I also am having trouble just moving the silly things around... Is there an easier way than manipulating the coordinates in their properties menu? I can't seem to select the subspace box once its placed into the world...

I'd really like to get the subspace up and running, as I want to keep the windows separating the two rooms. Without the windows, there's no visual of the shiny altar with loot, and no big draw to find a way inside there.

Beyond that, things are going well. Smile
11-21-2008, 05:02 AM,

Thank you for the update. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
I'm moving along bit by bit. I've got level's 1, 2, 2b, 2c, and 2d all done, as far as that long To-Do list goes Smile
That's great! =)

I'm not sure how to go about using a subspace for level 3's central room though... The door leading into it is positioned such that I can't get a subspace around it without having a certain chunk of the other room sucked in as well Sad I also am having trouble just moving the silly things around... Is there an easier way than manipulating the coordinates in their properties menu? I can't seem to select the subspace box once its placed into the world...
To change an already-placed subspace reference, what I usually do is find it in the Cell View window (there's a list containing all objects inside the cell), right-click it, and choose to "Edit" the reference. The coordinates have to be manually changed (no click and drag that I know of, I'm afraid Sad).

Hm... I can't check the cell right now, so I can't really give much input in regards to the cell's layout. You could create a new subspace with a custom size if you needed it. It is also possible to rotate it along any axes through the properties window... does that help any?

I'd really like to get the subspace up and running, as I want to keep the windows separating the two rooms. Without the windows, there's no visual of the shiny altar with loot, and no big draw to find a way inside there.
I agree with that.
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM,

Attached is a little example whipped up in paint. The area outlined in blue is what I'm trying to subspace. Red are doors leading into their areas, and purple are the windows. Blue digs into the other room (outlined in black) substantially, to where if I subspace it to get the door, I lose a large chunk of the other room, as far as NPC AI goes. Its not completely terrible, they'd still be able to get in and out, but its still suboptimal. The only other thing I can think of doing is to restructure the room. As it stands now, though, if you were to cut out this level and paste it into levels 2 and 2c (I think it is 2c at least), the doors line up perfectly. If I change it, things no longer fit so well Sad

Should I just suck some of the other room into the subspace, since the NPCs in there won't be trapped or anything?

edit:

What I ended up doing, which works great so far, is simply move the long tunnel intruding from one room to another into the cell it connects to. Squares off the room so a subspace works, and everything's shiny again. Yay!
11-29-2008, 07:08 PM,

I had a look, and it does look like it would have been a bit tricky. It's a good thing you were able to resolve it. Smile