Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #008: Guls Ancestral Tomb [Open]
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Running for jury duty, but is there a backstory to this tomb quest? It may be in the OP, but I'm in a tearing hurry. If not, it would certainly help the writer out.

Thanks,
Steve

It looks like ImaJunryou is asking for the writer to come up with the backstory....is this correct, IJ?

So I would need to basically invent this curse? In which case, could you let me know a little more about your highly-regarded tomb in brief detail? Is this the only 'quest' in this very large tomb? In which case, could this Dremoran be the physical form of the curse against the Guls family?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM,

@ImaJunryou
I sent a PM regarding the quest. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM,

My initial thought on the curse was simply a constant effect detrimental spell of some sort for gameplay, I hadn't really given it much story-related thought Smile

Far as quests in the tomb go, the closest that there happens to be is a corpse of a thief with a journal detailing his ill-fated dungeon romp. A journal that's gonna need a lot of cleaning up, as it relied on some things that have since been changed (specific monster placements for example, that are now leveled lists).

At an earlier point I had a special amulet at the very end that was exceedingly powerful, but quite entertaining to play with Smile The Amulet of Blood and Bone was its name. Equipping it would summon to the player a number of skeletons to act as guards. It took into account the player's various skill levels in magic and weapons, and the skeletons reflected that, with a more magely player getting more magely skellies, and whatnot. That was gonna be the final reward at the end of Level 7, but I thought it might be a bit in the way of absurdly powerful to have what amounted to 20-something skeleton champions running around next to you (more like 6, but those 6 would summon a skeleton that could then summon another Big Grin).

My general thought with 'Sam' was that he was either a tomb guardian, bound to the place in the past in order to safeguard the amulet, or (assuming the amulet didn't end up in the final version) that he was simply indebted in some way to the family and was simply safeguarding the final resting place of the family head in the deepest darkest most remote part of the tomb. Really, though, I'm open to ideas of all sorts and sizes Big Grin Sam here was no more than an extra monster to surprise the player with as early as a week or two ago, so there's not a lot of hard concrete stuff around Smile
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM,

Okay, so I could add the character and whatnot myself then...? Are you okay waiting until somewhere around or after the Christmas period? I have a rather large 'to do' list at the moment.

Edit - This is my 1000th post. Yaaayyy!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-08-2008, 10:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

P.S. This is my 1000th post. Yaaayyy!
Congratulations. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-08-2008, 11:52 PM,

Sure that's fine. Rather than waiting until January or later, though, mind if I keep on working on things like lighting and loot placement and the like? Then, once your load lightens, I'll throw my latest most up-to-date ESP up for you? Will that work? Big Grin

Also, congrats on 1,000 posts Big Grin
12-09-2008, 01:01 AM,

Yes, that sounds fine. Don't stop on my account. Cheers guys! =)
12-09-2008, 02:10 PM,

Thanks for the updates and I am sure it will be an interesting quest. :yes:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM,

I sent a PM concerning the doors.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-31-2009, 01:36 AM,

Its been a while, and I've got no good news on hand. In fact, I've got bad news on hand Sad

Real Life's not being very kind, and due to numerous reasons, I'm having to pretty much stop modding completely for the foreseeable future. I don't want this dungeon to just sit and gather dust the whole while, though, either. So, I'd like to relinquish my claim on Gul's Ancestral Tomb. Maybe someone will come in and finish it up right quick and it'll be awesome and there will be much celebration about the completion. Or maybe it won't get picked up, and I'll have RL sorted out enough to pick it back up and finish what I've started. Either way, I'm out of commission for now.

I'm sorry to anyone who has been waiting and waiting and waiting some more for me to get this all wrapped up. Looks like there's more waiting in the cards.

I'll be sure to pipe up in the future, either on this claim or another (smaller, simpler, perhaps Big Grin) and try my hand some more, but for now RL's got me by multiple appendages.

The latest version's attached

Sorry again, folks. Sad