Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #008: Guls Ancestral Tomb [Open]
12-02-2008, 05:59 PM,

Bit of a small update:

I'm hung up on level 3, as far as that list goes. Mowed through 1, and all the many 2's, but then I got to the shiny altar of level 3. Wanted to make a nifty trap. I had 3 ideas in mind, and none of them have panned out Tongue

First one was to have a triigger box around the altar. Player enters this triggerbox, and it enables a second triggerbox, this one around the exit from the room. Entering this second box would spawn monsters and lock the exit door, with one of the spawned monsters having the key to get out.

Second one was to simply have a single trigger box around the altar lock the door out and spawn a single monster with the key.

Third was simply to spawn a pair of clannfears via a single trigger box around the altar.

None of these have worked -.- I guess I'm using the triggerboxes wrong or something... TrigZonePlayer01Enable (off the top of my head, while at work) is the one I've been using, with the rest of the goodies being placed and set to initially disabled. Tonight I'm simply going to put a variation of my gem curse onto one of the locked chests instead, and call it good.

Really, though, I liked the thought of getting locked in the room and ambushed. As such, any help with trigger boxes, be it a suggestion of a different box, or a list of Do's and Don'ts with what they can do, or even a "trap the chest, that's fine" would be appreciated Smile

Beyond that, I've got a bit of tweaking to the lighting of the area, and then I can move on to level 4 Smile

Progress! Sorta...
12-02-2008, 06:52 PM,

Thanks for the update. :yes:

Could you post/send your esp, I'll try to find a solution/suggestion. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-05-2008, 06:05 AM,

Here's the attached ESP.

Right now, there's the trigger box over the altar, and a static wall partition over the door leading to that altar. Entering the box is supposed to enable the partition, trapping the player, right? I would settle (probably be even happier) with just having the door lock, and requiring a key.

Funny thing is, in a previous dungeon that I had made for kicks some long long long while back, I had this same situation, and I had it resolved perfectly, but I no longer have that ESP, thanks to the epic story that is my computer problems.

Anywho, please take a look at your convenience. I'll try not to mess with it too much until you have a look-see Smile

Thank you for your help! Big Grin
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM,

I'll reply asap. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-06-2008, 03:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
I would settle (probably be even happier) with just having the door lock, and requiring a key.
The Trigger zone enables a Dremora (similar to the ones from your LL's) which has the key to the door. It also locks the door (the PC needs a key).

I attached the altered esp (cleaned), in-game it worked fine.

The script for the activator (trigger zone).

Code:
scn StSrSoluthisLoc008lvl3Triggerzone

short triggered

begin onTrigger player

if triggered == 0
        set triggered to 1
        StSrSoluthisLoc008Lvl03Ref.lock 100
        StSrSoluthisLoc008lvl3DremoraKeyRef.enable
    endif

end

Please use Dunmer keys instead of vanilla keys.

blue[/HR]
Why not add some dialogue to the Dremora?
Perhaps we could add a voice as well.

@Ibsen's Ghost and SACarrow
What do you think?

blue[/HR]

Last but not least, it's a very nice cave. :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-07-2008, 05:40 AM,

Thanks a ton!

I just loaded it up myself, and had a bit of fun. A couple of questions for you:

Was that dremora's gear on purpose? He's dropping some exceedingly shiny stuff. A Daedric hammer the first time through. He is also quite difficult to fight, obviously, so I guess it kinda works out, but I was just curious on if that was ok, to have Daedric drop half way through the dungeon Smile

Next up, what's the purpose of the X Marker? Just asking so that if I make something like this in the future, I understand how it all works Big Grin

Finally, when I load the ESP into the editor, I now get several dialog errors. Is this related to the new Dremora? I wouldn't mind adding some dialog to him, sounds like fun Big Grin Especially if he keeps his tough gear and whatnot, I could bend it into a puzzle where solving it weakens him, but otherwise having quite the fight.

I'll go double check my keys to make sure they're dunmer ones. I remember the very first key in level 1 was giving me problems (as many of the ST items are Sad ) and not letting me interact with it. Since I found out about the Player.Activate thingy to get past stuck doors and how it also works on those items, its no longer a problem, so I can change them out Big Grin
12-07-2008, 12:40 PM,

I just loaded it up myself, and had a bit of fun. A couple of questions for you:

Was that dremora's gear on purpose? He's dropping some exceedingly shiny stuff. A Daedric hammer the first time through.
I agree it's too shiny. I didn't alter his inventory (based upon a standard Dremora) because I didn't know what you had in mind. Just tweak the content to your liking by changing the inventory LL's/objects.

He is also quite difficult to fight, obviously, so I guess it kinda works out....
Please change the settings to your liking.
Some extra info.

Next up, what's the purpose of the X Marker? Just asking so that if I make something like this in the future, I understand how it all works Big Grin
If you use 'coc' to lvl2 you'll be teleported near the marker on lvl2 (it saves time when playtesting).
Just delete it.

Finally, when I load the ESP into the editor, I now get several dialog errors. Is this related to the new Dremora?
No, I saved with a non SI version. I get the same when loading your file for the first time. Just save the esp and it should be fine.

I wouldn't mind adding some dialog to him, sounds like fun Big Grin Especially if he keeps his tough gear and whatnot, I could bend it into a puzzle where solving it weakens him, but otherwise having quite the fight.
Sounds good. Smile

I'll send a PM about the assets.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor

blue[/HR]
Why not add some dialogue to the Dremora?
Perhaps we could add a voice as well.

@Ibsen's Ghost and SACarrow
What do you think?

Sounds good! Could someone send me a brief, summarised rundown of what is going on exactly and roughly what you need me to do and I can then write up a little dialogue and have it performed....I enjoy doing Dremorans! Cool
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM,

Here's a quick little quest to do with that Dremora. In it, he's named Sam, just for ease of typing Smile

The jist of it is that upon meeting in Level 3, the player either fights Sam, or gets 3 chests from Sam. Fighting Sam will get rid of him forever. The chests provide a way out if Sam isn't fought.

If the chests are taken, the player meets Sam again in Level 5, where he'll either offer the PC a lopsided fight, or a very lopsided fight. The first is with a constant drain HP and stunted magicka, but upon defeating Sam, the curse is lifted. The second, Sam is made invincible, and chases the PC throughout Level 5, only relenting once the PC escapes. Taking the Curse ends Sam right then and there.

Taking the relentless path will have Sam show up finally in Level 7. Here, he'll try to bribe the PC to leave with either treasure or a skill/stat boost. If the player accepts, they are teleported out of the dungeon, and the cave entrance in Level 4 is sealed off. If the PC refuses, Sam calls in the troops, and tries to kill the PC once and for all. Assuming the PC gets through it, they can get the shiny final loot on the final altar in Level 7 Smile

How's that sound?
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM,

Running for jury duty, but is there a backstory to this tomb quest? It may be in the OP, but I'm in a tearing hurry. If not, it would certainly help the writer out.

Thanks,
Steve