Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some global questions
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM,
Some global questions
Ok, Srry to drop in without introduction.

I haven't much time at the moment so I'll be brief.

If real life gives me more time, I'm willing to join in this project. Actualy I can hardly wait.

I've a question about the size of the Vvardenfell compared to Cyrodill and the relationship with silgrad tower eand other stuff on the mainland.

I've read a couple of topics and I still don't understand, maybe I'm just not smart enough, maybe I lack english... I hope my questions will make any sence, and thx a lot for the answers! Before I start joining projects like these I need to know what excactly it is.

- As I understand VVardenfell will be scaled twice as big as cyrodill. Won't that feel unrealistic?
Maybe we should rescale the whole of cyrodill to math the size. (I agree that the oblivion world is a little small...)

- As I understand VVardenfell will be in an other world. Meening you'll have to go there via a portal or boat trip or something and "Warp" there. Is this right? And is this the only way?

- Same as above but related to silgrad tower. I would find it incredible silly not to be able to see the mainland from the island and not being able to swim there... Shouldn't the projects work together if we are ever to create a beliveable tamriel? Just how many different worlds will this thing be in??

I mean, it would be fantastic to be able to walk/swim west to east without a single loading screen...

Thx again for helping me clearify this all, as I don't understand whats the final goal/destination

Greetz all!

PS: great work all, so far I've seen wonderfull things happen here @ the forum! Geniously done!

PPS: srry 4 bad English
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM,

Vvardefell is is 2* times larger as tes3 Vvardefell. so that means its 4* times larger than if it should be on cyrodilic scale.

Silgrad tower is 3 times as large as the tes 3 version.
08-07-2007, 08:16 PM,

right, so hypoteticly that mean you have to rescale cirodill times 4 to math the scale of the vvardenfell project here.

And the same world thing isn't possible with everything being on a different scale...

Thats sad, real sad...

Better communication and lesser ego's might had prevented this problem...

Am I right??

thx for the info!!
08-07-2007, 09:08 PM,
RE: Some global questions
Quote:Originally posted by GiPSy

- As I understand VVardenfell will be in an other world. Meening you'll have to go there via a portal or boat trip or something and "Warp" there. Is this right? And is this the only way?

Dude, ever played Morrowind? Well, that's that landscape. There's no chance you'll get there by swimming, because there is some more of Morrowind not in Vvardenfell, but that's not what this project does. So boat or Portal, sry.
08-07-2007, 09:35 PM,

lol. Yeah, I dont think Swimming there would be fun anyways.
I did that once in Morrowind, I swam so far it came up with a pop-up that said no more cells or something, and my game crashed. :lmao:
I think boat is the best choice anyways.
That way it makes you feel like your actually travelling. Though I think it should be like Final Fantasy. Where you can walk around on the boat, and when you get bored you can go to sleep, and when you wake up you'll be there.
I think after 2-3-or all of the BC projects get done we should make a port in each Landmass, and have captains who will take you places, and maybe even get attacked by pirates(it is possible :yes: ), that'd be pretty cool, dont you think?
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM,

right, so hypoteticly that mean you have to rescale cirodill times 4 to math the scale of the vvardenfell project here.

And the same world thing isn't possible with everything being on a different scale...

Thats sad, real sad...

Better communication and lesser ego's might had prevented this problem...

Am I right??

thx for the info!!

That scale is only the landmass, nothing besides the land get's bigger. So it just means you can go 2 times as far in the world as in Cyrodiil.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-07-2007, 10:29 PM,
RE: Some global questions
Ok, Srry to drop in without introduction.

No problem, welcome. Smile

Quote:If real life gives me more time, I'm willing to join in this project. Actualy I can hardly wait.

That would be great, but personal situations should come before anything, it's only a bit of fun in the end. :yes: I'm sure you know that already.

Quote:I've read a couple of topics and I still don't understand, maybe I'm just not smart enough, maybe I lack english... I hope my questions will make any sence, and thx a lot for the answers! Before I start joining projects like these I need to know what excactly it is.

- As I understand VVardenfell will be scaled twice as big as cyrodill. Won't that feel unrealistic?
Maybe we should rescale the whole of cyrodill to math the size. (I agree that the oblivion world is a little small...)

It's a seperate worldspace, so there isn't really any point in changing the Cyrodiil landscape since we're focusing on Vvardenfell rather than Cyrodiil. Plus the mod is set at a different time to the Cyrodiil events (6 years). Granted, the fact that a teleport suddenly taking you 6 years into the game future might not be the most realistic approach, but I think it's more realistic and easier to simulate than swimming and travelling from Cyrodiil to Vvardenfell.

Quote:- As I understand VVardenfell will be in an other world. Meening you'll have to go there via a portal or boat trip or something and "Warp" there. Is this right? And is this the only way?

Yes and yes. There isn't enough room in Tamriel worldspace where Cyrodiil is situated. It's for the best, really. Silgrad Tower's sytem is nice, I think. Where you do actually have to travel (in some respect) to the actual teleport location. I think we're going for a boat trip, but we're still open for ideas! Big Grin

Quote:- Same as above but related to silgrad tower. I would find it incredible silly not to be able to see the mainland from the island and not being able to swim there... Shouldn't the projects work together if we are ever to create a beliveable tamriel? Just how many different worlds will this thing be in??

I mean, it would be fantastic to be able to walk/swim west to east without a single loading screen...

Well we're not Tamriel Rebuilt, we're simply modding Vvardenfell, the large island in Morrowind. It would take too much work to make everything, and the game limitations probably wouldn't allow it. Smile It's for the best really, it will work fine in the end, you'll see. Wink

Quote:Thx again for helping me clearify this all, as I don't understand whats the final goal/destination

No problem. We're glad to answer any questions. :yes:
08-07-2007, 11:28 PM,
I see this popping up...
And I'm confused. I keep seeing that the events in VV:TES4 are 6 years after TES4; I thought they were 6 years after TES3. In particular, the Ald'Ruhn discussion does not make nearly as much sense to me if those events are to be 6 years after the Big Ol' Crab came to life. Smile

Please KKA, give unto me the canon related to this question and I shall speak no more on the subject. Big Grin

Thanks,
Steve
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM,

the events of TES4 Vvardenfell are 6 years after TES3 Morrowind
Actually, they pass the Cyrodiilic turmoil due to the fact that the Oblivion Invasion will usher Vvardenfell into a sort of downward spiral, a semi-Dark Age of violence, warring, fractiousness, and plenty of quests Wink
08-08-2007, 04:10 AM,

;( And there I was thinking we were 6 years after Oblivion.

Seriously though, if we're 6 years after MW, how many years is that after Oblivion? Is it even after Oblivion?? I'm confused. And tired.