Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some model I made
03-08-2006, 03:13 AM,

(a lil later) A interesting combination of colors. I erased the script because JASS doesnt work with mw.
03-08-2006, 03:49 AM,

Copyright is a serious matter for us, especially if the copyright holder is a gargantuan game company with a battery of lawyers who could shut us down at the snap of a finger. We simply can't afford to take any chances with things like this, so I turned to a World of Warcraft community to ask what their opinion of the situation is:
http://forums2.warcry.com/read.phtml?f=113&id=828002
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-08-2006, 03:53 AM,

shut what down.... a simple minded website? listen ive played blizzard games for over 7 years they dont do shit about that crap they could care less if you hacked the entire server it would be up the next day they dont give a S**t about nething
03-08-2006, 04:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by whitefox
shut what down.... a simple minded website? listen I've played blizzard games for over 7 years they dont do shit about that crap they could care less if you hacked the entire server it would be up the next day they dont give a S**t about nething

I've been playing them for my whole gaming so far....
but we don't want copyright and stuff troubles

hell, people took WoW models into War3... but that was the same company...
this is something else.... although your model is not a duplicate....
I think Razorwing wants to make sure we are safe... what do you want?
a nice model and a mod-community shut down? or another nice model and a mod-community intact?
03-08-2006, 04:29 AM,

One of their forum moderators, Tsurani, said:

Quote:ya that angel he made is a direct take off from the Spirit Healer right down to the way her robe wraps around her
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-08-2006, 04:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
One of their forum moderators, Tsurani, said:

Quote:ya that angel he made is a direct take off from the Spirit Healer right down to the way her robe wraps around her
...but... but, whitefox's has fewer feathers....
surely, whitefox, you know if you took it or not
so please, don't get us in trouble or anything.... and don't get yourself in trouble
03-08-2006, 05:02 AM,

Okay, this is the point.
It is too similar to the model/character/whatever off of WoW, and we are not going to use anything that closely resembles the original file that much. We will not take that chance.

Every modeller needs to understand that. These are our rules, some of the few rules we have, and we will stand by them. We will not risk this mod to anything that we can easily avoid such as copyright infringements.

Whitefox, if you did this model as you claim, then you did a great job, but it looks too similar to the WoW model for our comfort. If you were able to change it to make it YOUR model and not a take off of another, then it would be great. Judging from this model and it's animations, you are very capable of doing so.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
03-08-2006, 06:59 AM,

Thread locked until further notice.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.