Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St 2.0 - 3.0
06-01-2009, 06:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Edit: I need a bit of help. Smile It seems like Oblivion crashes a lot in my tavern Soluthis0515. At first I thought it was a specific case, but it seems the crashes occur in several different situations. I think it's connected to the AI since that's what sets that interior apart from others I've made; there are tons of it going on in that interior - though I tried to space it out more or less evenly over the course of a day so there wouldn't by twenty NPCs in there at once.

I'll check the AI and play-test the interior.

Have you had the chance to look into this problem? =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-03-2009, 07:10 PM,

Thanks for the reminder, I had a look, because of the teaser it got side tracked.

I'll check it tomorrow morning. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-04-2009, 02:51 PM,

It's not related to the interior because I tested a duplicate cell without NPC's, so it has to be related to the NPC's and/or AI.

Do you have a list of the NPC's that visit the tavern?

If not, I'll check the persistent references.

EDIT
The placement of the books on the shelf has to be fixed.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-04-2009, 04:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Do you have a list of the NPC's that visit the tavern?

If not, I'll check the persistent references.

EDIT
The placement of the books on the shelf has to be fixed.

I've attached a few docs. The NPCs listed in Occupation of furniture in Soluthis0515.txt should correspond to practically everyone who frequents the bar regularly, i.e. who goes there on purpose through a controlled AI schedule.

I'll fix the book placement in a new plugin, thankyou for finding it Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I've attached a few docs. The NPCs listed in Occupation of furniture in Soluthis0515.txt should correspond to practically everyone who frequents the bar regularly, i.e. who goes there on purpose through a controlled AI schedule.
Great and thanks. Smile

I'll start checking the NPC's and their AI.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM,

As I said before the game freezes/crashes if you walk around in the exterior of the FGa (using the bsa v2.5 or a higher version). For example near cell w0 and also on other locations. It's not related to the trees, because if I test the teaser with the newest trees everything is fine.

If you use the bsa v2.0 plus the updates until March 31st the game runs fine.

I decided to test the BCS region much further North e.g. cells 65,-49 and 59,-46 ---> The game freezes/crashes.

Since the teaser uses the newest trees and land/rock textures it has to be related to some of the other objects in the BC region. Perhaps the rock meshes?

In any case it's not related to the teaser nor to the distant LOD.

The same applies (crashing the game) to SilgradCity0404Full also confirmed by Zurke.

EDIT
The game also freezes in the BC North region.

EDIT2
The crash for SilgradCity0404Full disappeared with the current assets (update 2_11).

EDIT3
The game also crashes in Steadhelm, Ashunor valley.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-05-2009, 06:18 PM,

I checked one of the areas Sandor mentioned. Only one because when I crash it just locks up and I have to do a hard shut down on my system.

I can confirm the area around cell 65 -49 has issues. I locked up in cell 65 -50.
06-05-2009, 06:19 PM,

Thanks Zurke for testing it as well. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-07-2009, 03:36 PM,

Regarding Soluthis0515.

I noticed that the game crashed while StRwSol0518TavnarTeran was drinking a potion. I deleted every NPC for this interior except for Tavnar and Melrue. Then I performed a few tests. The crash is caused by the potion "StRwGraija01" in conjunction with the eat anim.

If you use e.g. "StRwBeerRedoranKrushka01" the game runs fine.
I suggest to remove every "StRwGraija01" from the NPC inventories that visit the tavern.

General remarks.

I think it's better to use only one food item that is set to "-1".

The bowl on the table interacts with the door when opened (screenshot).

There's a missing texture (screenshot), I have bsa v2.8 plus update 2.10 installed.

Please check StJjSol0514Tsyia's AI because of the duration of the patrol packs some of the lower priority packs don't work.

For StRwSol0518TavnarTeran and other shop owners you selected "Continue if PC is near" in their service packs (StRwSol0518TavnarServ9x9). The pack starts directly after the eat pack. It's better to insert a travel pack that allows the NPC to travel to the temple and after that start the service pack. "Continue if PC is near" is only intended for the shop location or on the vendor location itself. Another problem is the fact that the vendor container isn't loaded (outside the current cell).

EDIT
The textures are fine, I forgot to disable the bsa (I use the unpacked assets).

If I remove my ST install and use the bsa v2.8 plus update 2_10 the texture problems remains the same (invalidation problem).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM,

Thankyou for your test and your feedback Smile

I do remember trying to make an idle object as a diversion while making the tavern, but I must have forgotten about it at the time. It would be fun for me to see characters drink from my bottle model, so I'll pursue a fix to the idle object.

I'll see what I can do to improve the AI packages, thankyou for your tips =)

The missing texture was because I decommissioned that texture from the BSA but forgot to update the links in the nifs. The latest update should fix it (which I know hadn't been released when you wrote your reply). I'm sorry to hear that it still shows up as purple but it should resolve itself in the next full BSA.

black[/HR]

On an unrelated note; why is there a container entry called StRwDunChLaLCemptyX? It looks like a dupe of StRwDunChLaLCempty.
Angel mired in filth