Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start a war.
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM,
Start a war.
I wasn't even aware this existed in game until I read PC Gamer last month. Apparently each of the Goblin tribes in Oblivion has a Totem staff, and if stolen will follow you all over the map to get it back. Also, they are constantly fighting each other to gain possession of the opposing sides staves.

If PC Gamer are right then is there any way we can impliment this into our mods? The coding would already be present so shouldn't be too hard to do.
06-28-2006, 05:21 PM,

Really? I took one of them a looooong time ago and never had goblins chasing me. Didn't really see any goblin wars either. Was it just implemented poorly?

Has anyone seen any evidence of it in game?
06-28-2006, 05:37 PM,

I went into one goblin cave (don't ask me which) and there were two goblin tribes inside hacking away at each other completely oblivious to me. I just sat back, watched the show and picked off the two survivors (out of about 12). Among the corpses were two totem staves, one next to the leader of each tribe. That's the only evidence I've seen.
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM,

I've done the quest (on my way to kill a nearly-lich for DB) and I noticed that If I had stolen their totem, that tribe would kill the other, because they thought that the other tribe had stolen it. So I think yeah, the coding is present and it isn't a lie....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-28-2006, 06:45 PM,

Actually, the coding IS in game, but it is hidden, like the topless bit. However a while back, I rember someone Relz a mod that fixes that and makes the Goblins the way they should.

:bananarock:

Update(s) here is one that adds some stuff to them, and make it easier to tell the diffrence between the 7 tribes

http://www.tessource.net/files/cache/2958.html

And here is the other one, which allows you to LEAD the goblin war, if you have the totem to the according tribe.

http://www.tessource.net/files/cache/2915.html

And this is another helpful mod that changes the names of the totem to the according tribes:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=1132

There ya go, PEACE!

:bananarock:

Update: Fixed link
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!
06-28-2006, 07:16 PM,

Thanks for the information, Kion.

If the applicable mod (or mods) can be tweaked so that we can use them in our own mod without either conflicting with the original mod or cause changes in general gameplay I think it would be a good idea to implement it. I get the sense that you Treebiter is the person who feels most strongly about the idea, so perhaps you would like to both take charge of customizing that mod as well as mod a Velothi tomb or cave or something like that as a vehicle for the added functions? The latter could work both as an adventure the player can play but also work as a template from which one can create additional goblin tribes. You should probably check with the creator of the original mod first if it's okay with them that it's adapted to work in our mod.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM,

Aha! Ta K.G. You've proved that I'm not insane and given me some good mods to try at the same time. Thanks. Smile

[EDIT: Just noticed two of your links are the same].

RW: I think it may be a little beyond me, but I'll look into it. If it is I'll pass it on. I know very little about coding. Who would we use the script on though? Goblins again, or perhaps Daedric cults? Steal an artifact from a shrine and then get followed all over Morrowind until they get it back or you kill their leader. Just an idea.
06-28-2006, 07:28 PM,

There's a settlement quest that explains what is behind this. Along the yellow road, there is a camp with settlers who wanted to build a small settlement. As for the war, you have to swap the staffs around to the ohter goblin lairs.

EDIT: I was going to add some staffs to Elsweyr too, and I think I can figure this out, I just haven't gotten that far in the goblin lair yet.
06-28-2006, 07:34 PM,

Strange, how come I found two totems in one cave? The war definately started without me.
06-28-2006, 07:51 PM,

It's possible that the goblins take their totem when they go to war, and that you were in the middle of such a war....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild