Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status ?
03-27-2008, 11:40 AM,

Excuse me, at this time, do you need a voice actor for your Vvardenfell mod for Oblivion? I'm in favour of Imperial and Breton dialogue, but I'm happy to provide Dunmer dialogue as well.

Thanks!
03-27-2008, 04:26 PM,

when release the next version of Vw ? ?(
03-27-2008, 08:08 PM,

I think what is really needed is a strong & dedicated leadership and re-organised boards, then we can get down to modding, and get the project back on track. We should involve more people in the modding and thinking as well, letting people have their say and opinion, and in an organised fashion where the best ideas are remembered, not exiled to page 23 of some forum Smile

I would volunteer for lore, quests, writing etc - something that I can be useful at without stopping someone more suitable from taking up communications recruitment etc. I'd be willing to look through the MQ thread and see what possible ideas have been decided if you like? Just to make myself useful and make our goals more evident.

Lightwave: I suppose you have a point, but at the same time we don't want people to be wandering around, lost in Silgrad, then they arrive in Vvardenfell and everything seems a lot smaller. If it is possible to do the regions and landscapes well using a generator, then I'd still back using a ST scale. Otherwise, I'd suggest a slightly smaller scale, so that it is more realistic to build, but still very immersive. Then again, keeping what we have now is what I lean to most, as its a lot less fuss and complication.

Senten: Not for a long, long time Wink
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-27-2008, 08:17 PM,

I would be happy to write quests :yes:
even enclued little ms paint sceches if nessesary Big Grin
03-27-2008, 08:57 PM,

Thank for the reply Coinneach
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM,

Coinneach - I'm glad you posted. I agree with letting people have their say.

Cambridge Spy - We'll probably need some voices sooner or later. At the moment we're trying to get things back on track in terms of modding and organisation. Voices will be great to have when the time comes (if we decide to use voiced dialogue) so that's not a 'no'. Smile

BTW: There's not much point starting modding anything until we have someone who can manage files well, so who here knows about creating and managing master files (including esp merging and management)?
03-27-2008, 11:20 PM,

From the stadpoint of a modder, what satisfaction is there in replacing and expanding slightly?

I wouldn't have much drive to mod if I had a task like that, even if automated, I see little be excited about doing.

But that's just me.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
03-28-2008, 01:20 AM,

But DarkAsmodeous, a fresh creation is always desirable for every modder. That's what we'd all prefer - that each modder wipes out their area with a simple drag with the left mouse button and a touch of the delete key, then create something new from scratch in the new more detailed and more beautiful vision that we always hoped would be created.

But after 2 years of very little modding progress having the old stuff ready placed is highly useful for a whole myriad of reasons totally that aren't related to the design of an area (e.g. inspiration, nostalgia and it removes the nagging daunting scale of the task that's produced such little progress for so long).

Btw, I personally still slightly prefer the idea of the 2x landscape, because of its uniqueness and scope for improvement and new creations, but somebody's got to do the actual work and that just isn't happening atm, the large size has just produced lots of grumpy modders instead. If people are content with the 2x placed content on the 2x landscape then they can just crack on and start clearing out the areas they want to recreate. But I've been saying that since September last year and AFAIK precious little has been done with it and then I just keep repeating myself too much ...
03-28-2008, 01:30 AM,

Any decision made on without faith in your moders is no decision at all.

Either you think you can regroup and continue to recruit and make a go of a solid team, or you don't. No matter what you do, this is essential. If the placement seems daunting, imagine the scripting for the quests, that will be quite the challenge, and in the end, I feel every core member of every mod willl need to become a quality scripter, but I don't think any of us have reached that point.

Discuss what you want to create, and what you think you could do with a committed team, and make your decision based on that, anything else is tantamount to surrender.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
03-28-2008, 02:11 AM,

There's another thread for this discussion of generated vs replacement, right here.

Listen, there's been a lot of talk, and a lot of good ideas, and a lot of discussion as to how the mod should be led, structured, built, etc. Action needs to be taken now, or i have a feeling that the mod's just going to shlump backwards into a swamp. It's never good to discuss action for too long without taking any.

So i propose these short-term goal.

FIRST: someone is going to have to re-organize the forums here, and i suggest they start now. Just set short-term goals for yourself, use the organization systems talked about in this thread.

SECOND: Organize the claims system. This will be partially done when you organize the forums, but there MUST be someone who takes care of cleaning/merging the files, as well as someone to review the claims (could be the same person). I am sure Sandor would be more than willing to provide advice to whomever wishes to take on the job. And i'm also sure that it won't be that complicated once you start.

I personally feel that there is nothing more to be said until some action is taken. Certainly a discussion of 2x vs 1x landmass, what cities you should do, etc, is important, but there is work which can be done right now, and i pray that somebody steps up. (Just send a list of categories you need created to Razorwing, and then someone with Admin powers will just have to manually move around the boards and threads)

Good day to you all, i hope this mod becomes stronger for this discussion
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!