Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steward of the Forgotten Forest (old discussion)
02-18-2007, 10:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I was mainly wondering if the Ebbedin Landmass was set up on the main landmass at all. Then I can begin work on rebuilding it.
It's on the main landmass (== Silgrad Tower land in the CS) since December first.

In-game go to the console (~) and type: cow"SilgradTowerLand" 53,57.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-19-2007, 09:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Is there by any chance a naming convention for the forgotten forest? Cause I have a couple of dungeons planned out that I could hopefully do pretty quickly (just the usual monsters, loot, no quests) I'm just not sure of naming them.

Also, should I send them to IATE? I think they'd go well in the Forgotten forest. (witch's cave, daedric cultists, necromancers, ruined fort infested with undead)

One more thing, do we have a set standard for dungeons? And should I send them to anyone for testing and evaluating (if I ever make them)

IAMTHEEMPEROR would decide on a convention for the cell ID's, but since your locations would already be finished I imagine they could be reassigned to the naming convention once he's decided on one.

Your ideas are sound except maybe the ruined fort. The Forgotten Forest isn't meant to ever have been inhabited by civilized people. But if you supply the esp I'm 100% sure we can place it on our landmass at a different position.

Please upload the plugin(s) to the Warehouse first so they can be playtested and reviewed, then IATE can merge the plugins to the main FF plugin.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM,

Alright then, so i'll start working.

Daedric cave's almost done, just wanna know if you guys think there should be lots of daedric ruins inside of it (ruined walls, pillars, those claw things, other random oblivion pieces). The only other daedric-type cave outside of the planes of oblivion had no daedra stuff, other than daedric creatures. Of course i'm intending these guys to be cultists, so they could better decorate their cave.

Alright then, no forts in the forest
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM,

:idea1:

Seeing this last post, for some reason prompted my memory of a quest I developed for brand X game many moons ago

In this quest we had a forest in which the area was enchanted with a confusion spell, the longer you wandered through it the more confused you got. I am wondering if the same thing can be applied here:

Once the player enters the forrest the script would begin and after time the player will begin to feel light headed and become disorientated (easy to do in a dense forest) the longer the player is their the more occurences of disorientation, and the player would begin to black out
(something like when sleeping) the screen fades to black just momentarily and the player is now in a new location of the forest (teleport) I know manipulation can be done through scripting on interiors I do not know if it can be done on exteriors, so the teleport would probably work better, that could most likely be accomplished through activators at random locations as the player enters the active cell the message would appear (blah blah blah you feel dissy, something their) the screen fades and comes back only your not in the same place or it doesn't appear that you are Big Grin
And if your able to do the animated tree roots and a few wandering tree spirits that would add to the eiry feel of this forest greatly
I don't know about having lots of stuff in the forest, too much sometimes can be not so good. currently in the TES3 version thier is the one Daedric Ruin nothing else. But theirs always room

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM,

A special item to get through the forest safetly, eh? That could work.
Lol what?
02-19-2007, 10:08 PM,

Well if its something worth considering then possibly that could be part of a quest, if their is no main road going through the forest then it could be considered a short cut, only problem is when people use it to get from point A to B they don't seem to get to where they intend on going and some never make it out

So the hero would be told this and asked to investigate, throught the course of investigation he/she could discover the secret of the forest and recover an Item, the item could be placed in a remotely hidden pedestal in the center of the forest. Once the item is re-joined with its holder, the enchantment is removed allowing travelers to use the route.... interesting idea !!

Enjoy
Bob

02-19-2007, 11:09 PM,

So is the forest going to be barren and empty? I already have a generic dungeon layout that i can quickly clutter and populate as a witch's hideout, or a necromancer lair, or a home for wild animals or something of the type.

Dungeons (IMO) are what make a game worth playing. Sure there's the main quest, and the pretty scenery, but the bones of any RPG is going to be the dungeons. The random slaughter of creatures, the gaining of levels and loot. Without something to DO, Silgrad is just a pretty screenshot (A very nice and pretty screenshot i might add) But dungeons are still the foundation.

So come on people! What kind of dungeons would you like? I have plenty of free time, and dungeons are easy (if tedious). I think people would definitely love to see some new dungeons in a creepy forest for the next release.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-19-2007, 11:18 PM,

Seniosh says:

So is the forest going to be barren and empty?

Bob Says:

I sure hope not

Just stating what is in TES3 and giving suggestions on what can be done Smile

Enjoy
BOb

02-20-2007, 01:29 AM,

Alrighty then! suggest away. Your ideas would be most welcome. Especially in listing ideas. The crazy ideas that nobody else would think of are the best ones. Anyone can make a cave, but it takes a special idea to make a cave memorable. Same goes for mods.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-20-2007, 12:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Alrighty then! suggest away. Your ideas would be most welcome. Especially in listing ideas. The crazy ideas that nobody else would think of are the best ones. Anyone can make a cave, but it takes a special idea to make a cave memorable. Same goes for mods.

I thought I was allready doing that Confusedhrug:

1) enchanting the forest with a confusion/or like, spell
2) animated tree roots
3) don't forget to add "Sheikizza's" Shrine

And a bit of info on the forest from the old forum:

The Forgotten Forest is a dark place, twisted by the corruption of centuries of evil influence and shunned by all in the area. The trees are dying and rotting and the ground itself is fetid and sterile. The only things that would live 'in tune' with the Forgotten Forest are creatures of great evil.

This forest is used by many evil groups and cults that wish to draw upon that dark corruption for their own purposes, but no one of any good nature comes here at all...

Enjoy
Bob