Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormhold discussion
03-13-2006, 12:14 AM,
Stormhold discussion
What do you think Stormhold is like?

I imagine it as a dreary, rainy city. It is built more like a military outpost than a city. The Imperials within it are depressed and bored and very few Argonians can be found. I would like to think that the Imperials all go to the tavern and get drunk at night.

Post your opinions or views of Stormhold and/or some pictures of similar places or concepts.
03-13-2006, 02:39 AM,

there was an RP.... with a DEV.... but it may not be actual lore.....
here is the link to the thread(topic) of the guy who took the exerpt of the RP... ESForum topic

Quote:Information you may find useful (derived from the roleplaying of an ex-Betheseda developer in a rp thread but it is unknown whether this was derived from actual canon lore):

Stormhold (northern border of Black Marsh)

The description of Stormhold is of a city suspended above a vast swamp and under constant rainstorms. Bridges are slung like spider webs between huge trees and stone buildings on stilts (presumably not wooden stilts-- such couldn't support the weight and also sit rotting in a bog). Noteworthy is the mention of three Hist trees in Stormhold alone, countering speculation by some fans that only one Hist still lives. Also there's the description of Argonians in many different, non-green colors; something not seen in extant lore. He also indicates that most of the city is underwater and the Argonians have no trouble breathing water, which runs counter to the limited racial ability seen in TES 3: Morrowind. Most unusual is the description of some form of Argonian called a "naga". These are huge, over 7 foot tall Argonians with beady black eyes, venomous fangs, and the odd ability to get ...puffier?

---

'True to its name, it was forever raining in Stormhold. The water soaked the very stone itself, seeping into cracks and mortar, so even the interior of the Mages Guild was damp, musty. The Guild itself was composed of nothing but Argonians of a majestic variety, tall and crowned with scaled hoods, horns, spikes, and frills. Their skin were jewelry, male and female alike, flashing blues, greens, reds, orange, and sparkling black.

'Welcome to Stormhold,' the mystic in charge of teleportation, a ruby-colored female Argonian called Seven-Stars greeted each person as he or she arrived. 'I have not been told why you seek it, but the Vaults of Gemin are to the south. If you are lucky, but a few hours away. An infinite distance if your luck is not with you.'

Stormhold was a city of enormous size, set on stilts with covered bridges linking block to block. Beneath it all a black swamp surged and hissed, constantly fed by the rain, flowing southward.

A few miles in any direction, the rain would reduce to a mere mist, but never less than that. It was green, but a pale green, from constant sunless days. The air was heavy, and though some of the swamp flowers had sweet perfumes to lure, it was hard to avoid the pervasive smell of decay.

Whatever lurked in the slow-moving waters between the mud, perhaps it was best not to imagine. '

---

(even if this is not actual lore, its likely a good indication of just the type of cities and environments that exist in the Black Marsh (but we won't know until an expansion or a new game takes place in there!)

maybe I can make a blue print of what I think it would look like?
yes to that?
...or...
no to that?
03-16-2006, 12:32 AM,

my concept of Stormhold:
[Image: stormhold5no.jpg]
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM,

The concept goes well with the description but I imagine the very northern part has less marshy ground. I think that it is more of a plain sloping down into sea level.
03-17-2006, 10:29 PM,

ok, hey, its just a concept art Confusedhrug:
03-18-2006, 12:34 AM,

I think the best part of your concept is the Idea for the hist tree.
03-27-2006, 02:50 AM,

I will try to get another concept of it... but this time more in a blueprint style than a half-completed sketch
04-03-2006, 12:50 AM,

It still looks good.
04-05-2006, 01:18 AM,

I found this picture and it looks a lot like how I had imagined Stormhold.
It has a wall surrounding the main castle with other small forts or markets around it. I like how the moss and vines have grown on it.
Copy this into your browser, a link sends you somewhere else-
http://www.fookes.com/gallery/pictures/suisse04.jpg
04-05-2006, 01:33 AM,

oh... but remember it is all on stone raised foundations or on stilts right?