Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEMPLE IDEA: Temple & Dagoth vs. Akaviri invasion?
05-31-2006, 02:02 AM,

To amend for my "off-topicness," how about a brainstorm on a possible open-for-collaberation Akaviri Invasion idea?

Let's say that the storyline has two parts: TESIII and TESIV.

TESIII - Some time after the MQ has ended, the Nereverine is approached by a Blades agent and given a special new assignment. According to Imperial Intelligence, the Tiger-Dragons of Akavir have allied with the Snake-people. Since these two races have historically been mortal enemies of the Cyrodiilic Empire and the Imperial Power has been weakened as of late by civil disturbances, it has been decided that a single agent will be sent to Akavir in order to gather further information on a possible attack. The Nereverine is to depart by teleport to the Monkey Islands off the western coast of Akavir and meet with a group of known dissidents among the local inhabitants. For a number of quests, the Nereverine must then aid the group in gathering information and avoiding Akaviri patrols. This culminates in the launch of an invasion fleet to northern Morrowind which the Nereverine cannot wholly stop. Possibly, the Nereverine follows the Akaviri back to Morrowind, where he joins a local army led by Vivec and a mysterious local hero against the invaders. (Local hero is the TESIV guy with a closed helm to disguise voice and race)

TESIV - Pretty-well KuKulzA's idea. The Akaviri invasion force lands in the islands north of Vvardenfell. Vivec, freed from the Astronachs by the TESIV hero, leads the Houses and the reformed Temple against the invasion. Possibly, the Nereverine returns from Akavir in pursuit of the invasion force and assists in the final battle (closed helm for disguised voice and race).
05-31-2006, 02:24 AM,

what if... hmm... asking Tiger-dragon to ally with snake-folk is like romans ally with carthaginians...

BUT....

what if Nerevarine was taken prisoner when he went spying... and he gave them mis-directions... like "go through Sea of Ghosts and you'll come down on easy waters to an uuprotected northern flank" and most of the ships will be wrecked on the big pillars out in the sea of ghosts, but a large number will still arrive...
and he secretly sends a message but the messenger is lost at sea...
the dreugh now have it and they know what is coming...

so basically, by making peace with Daedra and Dreugh, Vivec has two enemies off his back and also some new information... and perhaps he discovers his Ordinator force will not be enough to repel the Akaviri (which ever race)...
and so he calls for help....

but help comes from a very unexpected source.... the 5 Houses and Helseth's monarchy are drained from war or too far to be of real help. The Temple is strong on Vvardenfell but not strong enough... but the 6th House is revived...

and so the two reconcile and fight off the Akaviri invasion.... ?
05-31-2006, 02:26 AM,

We simply don't have enough lore on the Akaviri to do this, like I said before.
05-31-2006, 02:51 AM,

I would also point out that giving the Akaviri bad directions would probably not work, because they've been around a few times in their history and no-doubt have accurate coastal maps in their archives.

The idea of sending warning somehow is good though. Perhaps warning from an unknown source that turns out to have been the Nereverine?
05-31-2006, 02:56 AM,

Man, if you guys pull this off, it will be ungodly cool, especially with tie ins in 3 and 4. I'll have to go back to playing my old Breton Spellsword Thomas Hawthorn in 3.
06-02-2006, 11:44 PM,

Umm, I seem to remember that The Akaviri go in for whole continent invasions... Are they really going to travel accross the whole ocean, in the middle of a Daedric invasion, just to grab off one little island that is not exactly the best real estate around, esp with it being covered in large part by the lava of a volcano, and with the real prize (Lorkhan's Heart) destroyed?

Seems to me that Axen is right this time though he has different reasons.

Also suggest that the 6th House ideas in the other thread are far more manageable provided you reinvent the 6th house to some degree.

Now if you want to introduce some adventuring Akaviri - as in checking out the land (for whatever reason) that would be a great idea... to test the waters and add spice. Big Grin

Still suggest to Axen that he actualy read all the books on 6th House, and look for positives a bit more too! Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM,

Keep in mind the whole Dagoth Ur crisis was NOT that long before TES4's main quest. People are still really pissed due to all the soul sickness, people getting lost to corprus, the blight killing everyone and people's herds, ash statues corrupting people (like Varvur Sarethi), etc.

Also, Akavir might still be too busy warring on itself, and the Oblivion Crisis COULD have occurred there as well.
06-03-2006, 02:18 AM,

yup... which is why dealing with Temple, Akaviri, and 6th House may be intriguing, but a damn lot of work and effort and also very complicated... unlike a House War which is relatively simple... the Houses war with each other
06-03-2006, 07:58 PM,

Well I hope you keep the Akaviri and 6th House ideas alive on the back-burner as possible quests for a volunteer to mod - somewhere in the area. Rather like the 6th House/blight research plot = great atmosphere and sub-quest ideas as they open up possibilities and new vistas.

There really is no getting away from the old stuff entirely. If you are so bored with Morrowind that you cannot enjoy old stuff returning, better to do one of the other mods in the 'new Provinces.'

There is no reason why old material cannot be given new life - what really counts is the way you go about it. Realise that there are a lot of people out there who want more 6th House and have requested that Bethsoft do more of it, so it would not make sense to ignore it entirely, as they did not just all disappear like the dwarves, there were only so many that the Nerevarine met - one mortal's search would not have tracked them all. The real issue is how to present them, and what is believable and emotive to people generally.

Same with Akaviri - it would be exciting to finally meet them - and why not? The Akaviri traveled to Tamriel in the past and played a significant part in the history of the Empire so they can appear at any time and get up to lots of stuff. Bravo KKA for trying to include them.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-03-2006, 08:18 PM,

The Taesci and Tiger-Dragons are too busy warring with themselves to invade Tamriel. Tamriel is their priority AFTER that. That, and we know extremely little about the Akaviri (other than one book and some other references), not nearly enough to make an Akaviri invasion questline.

The idea's cool, but... we just can't do it, for reasons beyond our control. Trust me, let's just not attempt it only to run into several million problems when we realize that we don't know anything and we end up wasting a lot of our time fabricating lore (an idea I don't like, especially at such a large scale as this).