Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEMPLE IDEA: Temple & Dagoth vs. Akaviri invasion?
06-04-2006, 12:19 PM,

Well yer highness, I think we are in agreement that an invasion might be a bit premature, but take a look at the pic link in Razorwing's thread about a book on the Akaviri for Lit Dev.

To my mind that opens the door to anyone who wants to mod a very small party of Tsaesci (or even a lone hero who is questing for I know not what...) as we have a very well presented image.

Also it might be an idea to seek out Akaviri Lore Masters in the Imperial Library and other sites - it could be that the available Lore is now far richer than we imagined - not only because Bethsoft devs crerate Lore that they do not put in the Games themselves, but do release to favored fan sites...?

As I said to Raz, it's really up to anyone with the skills - whatever inspires...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM,

well I often frequent the ESForums - LOre and even the lore-buff dont agree on Tsaesci, or most Akaviri for that matter
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM,

Quote:well I often frequent the ESForums - LOre and even the lore-buff dont agree on Tsaesci, or most Akaviri for that matter

Great, if they don't agree then you could invite two of them - genuinely competing, with totally different ideas there would be a true duel, and there could be a quest called: 'Tsaesci Duel'

With a real dispute over what really happened historically, what is really happening now, who is who etc over on their homeland that would include combat, lore (they might be warrior-poets = very oriental like tsaesci weapons) and interaction with the local dramas... like :lmao: every time there is an emergency or a local problem these two turn up to complicate things further!

Get on over there and see who you can get!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM,

For the 8238597th time: very bad idea to do this because it'd require lots of lore fabrication.
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM,

Lore fabrication is what Bethesda does when they make these games. Its perfectly ok, as long as its good and is mostly logical within the universe.

I remember a former dev saying something along those lines.
06-05-2006, 09:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by X23
Lore fabrication is what Bethesda does when they make these games. Its perfectly ok, as long as its good and is mostly logical within the universe.

I remember a former dev saying something along those lines.
When you're dealing with the Akaviri, you're talking fabricating massive amounts of lore. :/
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM,

It doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't conflict with the normal lore its ok. It would allow us to be really creative.
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM,

It doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't conflict with the normal lore its ok. It would allow us to be really creative.
I believe it does matter. I don't mind fabricating small things. But something at this scale? No.

In any case, the Akaviri are still at war with each other, which is their priority over invading Tamriel. They aren't going to send some of their forces for an invasion, because then they'll get raped by their enemy.
06-05-2006, 09:13 PM,

I didn't know they were at war. How about in the beginning of the game there are rumors that there is a truce, and no one knows why. Than later on they attack.
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM,

I didn't know they were at war. How about in the beginning of the game there are rumors that there is a truce, and no one knows why. Than later on they attack.
Both of them crave absolute power. That's why the leader of the Tiger-Dragons transformed himself into a Dragon. They won't just call a truce.

Do you really want us to take attention off of the Dunmer and Vvardenfell and instead spend it on some extremely strange races we don't know a damn thing about except their appearances and basic desires?