Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4: Vvardenfell Restart
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM,
TES4: Vvardenfell Restart
Hey People,

I started a thread here about a mod I was planning which was to bring Morrowind back. After some careful planning I made a post and wondered what people thought of starting this project or restarting VV. The response has been great and has boosted my confidence.

The only thing holding me back now is that I want VV to be restored on these boards. This means I need the consent of all the BC teams and also from Razorwing whom I already sent a PM too about his arhive post and resolving the assets issue.

My plan is simple to explain. I will split the Morrowind land into regions and work on each region at a time, example as mentioned before is to start with the telivanni region and get it finished before moving on. This means I can start with a regio I have all the assets for or at least most of them and can make real progress.

I have my plan and my team so far is me and my friend who is not registered here for some odd reason. I have sent Lightwave a PM about this and his has not responed yet but hopefully he will help with the landmass generation.

The general reception is people are happy with me doing this and are offering advie. The last hurdle is for the BC teams to give me the needed consent to restart Vv and keep its place here on these boards.

Please Post any feedback.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-03-2008, 05:34 PM,
RE: TES4: Vvardenfell Restart
The total number of available modders is quite low and I like the idea of cooperation between the BC mods. I don't know if a new BC mod is going to improve the current situation.

You may have noticed that Razorwing is less active than normal because of his RL situation.

I have enough on my plate as it is, but for reasons of continuity you can send your requests for moderator changes and/or board changes via PM (temporarily).

Quote:OP by InsanitySorrow
This means I need the consent of all the BC teams.....
I personally have no preference, so it depends on the opinions of the other BC mod leaders

I'll discuss this with the ST Core as well.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM,

I am hoping that I can work on VV without taking anything away or interfering with the other BC mods for as long as possible. This also rings true for all the modders. I dont want to take modders away from their mods, me being a modder myself I understand how it is when you are trying to help one mod and another comes along you like. Its tempting to help out.

If the other BCleaders and the core accept then I would love to see the Vv boards back-up and if thats the case I would PM you. Though if you are over worked then I could wait until Razorwing is here or you have some spare time.

There is one board change I pm'd Razorwing about, will have to PM you too, its for Dumac.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM,
RE: TES4: Vvardenfell Restart
I highly doubt you find a team here.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-04-2008, 12:14 AM,

or, for that matter, anywhere. sure, there are people who want to see this happen, but not enough of them who are dedicated and experienced enough to make it so. you'll probably be on your own most of the time, so best of luck Wink
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
12-04-2008, 01:08 AM,

I believe this mod was requested archived less than a handful of months ago.

It was started two odd years ago, it was just about dead before a last ditch effort was put in. In the end it failed.

I don't see how starting it again is going to change the reality of no participation.

It was pointed out in the last thread before the mod was archived and I am now a believer. If a mod is not moving, archive it.

Removing a mod from the archive with the same resources and participation IMO does not make it achieveable. As much as I would like to see a Vardenfell for this engine it is not going to happen any time soon.
12-04-2008, 02:46 AM,

I do not know what to say.
12-04-2008, 04:27 AM,

FYI, Phitt and crew has started Sheogorad - http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=871847
As Zurke says, it is progressively difficult to start any large projects. Before you start, i strongly suggest you get an idea of how many people will help you. Unless you are a super modder with expertise in most areas, i doubt you'll get many helpers in the end. But if you get the numbers, by all means go ahead.
12-04-2008, 08:37 AM,

I'd just like to re-iterate my point that if you do this, you should do Sadrith Mora and its offshore islands, because:

1. It has natural boundaries (water) which makes things much easier in defining the worldspace.
2. It is small, and could be done by a lone modder, which is probably what will happen.
3. Provided you can get Phitt's permission to use his Daedric ruins, EVERYTHING you need has already been created by other modders - so there is zero modeling required.

This is the only area of Vvardenfell which I think is a serious possibility for a standalone mod, in light of the suggestions and points raised above by the others.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-04-2008, 10:02 AM,

Deeza: Thats what I am planning, i think rather than try and get a full playable landmass I think have some smaller areas completed and relesed would allow for the mod to be playable but yet leave us with work we can do and not work that is by far too much.

I will PM phitt about his resources ASAP, it was something I was wanting to do. I can see how the people here are unsure as to whether its a good idea or not, some think if I planned right I could achieve something while others think not. The team so far consists of me and a freind who is very dedicated to this mod idea.

I was not wanting to try and start up a huge team, I was looking to restart the mod and have a home here on the boards where I can show progress and get advice when needed from the other teams here.

Zurke: This mod now has more resources, it has a dedicated team leader who wishes as much as most to see it succeed. I have my plan, I now have a landmass thanks to lightwaves untilities. It will take a bit of time to show real progress but I think progress can be made if you are dedicated enough to just get on with the work and not worry about the size of the team.