Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESIV: Atmora, The Frozen Wastelands
12-20-2006, 09:40 PM,

The Dwemer!!! Big Grin Ah well, maybe an ancient race, long forgotten, except somewhere in the lore, one book? Or wait Falmer? Lost city of the Falmer?

edit: I was just thinking, about that damage at the center. 80% frostdamamge(Nords resist) and 20% normal damage. Thisway the Nords will have their natural ressitance against fire Smile
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-20-2006, 09:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
The Dwemer!!! Big Grin Ah well, maybe an ancient race, long forgotten, except somewhere in the lore, one book? Or wait Falmer? Lost city of the Falmer?

No dead forgotten ancient races, the TES series already has to much of that.

Races of Atmora:

Small populations of Nedic/Nede people.

Small outposts of Avakiri (on the other side of Atmora).

Small Inuit/Yokudan type people on the Yokudan side.

Creatures:

Snow Wolves and Snow Bears on the outside islands/contients

Horkers

Whales (If we get someone to model them)

Frost Giants

Fish

Sno/Ice Crabs (the equivilent to Alaskan crabs)

And space for 1-3 more creatures.
12-20-2006, 10:02 PM,

1) An ice spirit? Hidden in the snowstorms Big Grin
2) some sort of bird, cliffdiver/pinguin etc.
3) some sort of 4 legged walrus. Just a big fat fellow. Slow, not aggresive, but you shouldn't mess with him. Maybe a polehippo? Big Grin

"On top of the world"
12-20-2006, 10:04 PM,

A polar hippo! That is the best idea I have ever heard! :banana:
12-20-2006, 10:07 PM,

Polar Hippo WTF!!!

I am diffently going to draw that :yes: :goodjob:

Penguins are good aswell, and are posible (except for swimming).

Okay no more creaturees that should be enough :yes: :goodjob:
12-20-2006, 10:11 PM,

And the ice spirit? That would be very cool and could be used in the myths of the Nedic. I see them as transparent monsters that look like there made of ice, bit like very slim Frostattronauches.

"On top of the world"
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
And the ice spirit? That would be very cool and could be used in the myths of the Nedic. I see them as transparent monsters that look like there made of ice, bit like very slim Frostattronauches.

Nah, I want Atmora to be as Oringinal as posible, the Ice spirt is already ging to be done by Skyrim.

The will still be all the daedra, skelles, etc. Just not as much.

Edit: Here is my first house concept, it's really deep in the snow, and has no windows. It is dug into the ground/snow to keep in warmth and it is designed for communal living, say in a village you would have two or three of these, then a smoking hut or something for fish and meat.

Inside would be lots of fur rugs, etc

P.S. It was done quickly in PS so there isn't much detail Wink
12-20-2006, 10:42 PM,

The climate is like Greenland right? Well there are no trees there Wink IF there some, they're rare, so not just used for housing. I think You'll need stone houses or ice/snow to keep it realistic. Even you can use bones to build the skeleton of your house with(that is original Tongue)

"On top of the world"
12-21-2006, 03:51 AM,

Atmora is like forzen over... and even when Nords lived there, there were almost no herbivorous animals, mostly a land of predators... I think the only reason to go there woul dbe to visit frozen ruins, hunt big beasts and look for loot

aren't ypou making Yokuda? ?( :eek:
12-21-2006, 04:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Atmora is like forzen over... and even when Nords lived there, there were almost no herbivorous animals, mostly a land of predators... I think the only reason to go there woul dbe to visit frozen ruins, hunt big beasts and look for loot

aren't ypou making Yokuda? ?( :eek:

I'll be doing Yokuda when Psychotic gets time (in a week or so).

Nords never lived there the Nedic people did (pre-Nords).

Yeah Atmora is mostly Frozen over, and the big part will be nothing but waste land, caves and ruins, but quests could still be done like say shrines, etc. There will still be people living there, but only on Islands off the coast.

And yeah a big part will be to hunt beasties Wink

Quote:The climate is like Greenland right? Well there are no trees there IF there some, they're rare, so not just used for housing. I think You'll need stone houses or ice/snow to keep it realistic. Even you can use bones to build the skeleton of your house with(that is original )

If there are trees they will be off the coast on Islands, hard woods very good for making boats, and houses. Some smaller houses will be made of Whale bones now (draped with furs for walls, etc) and settlements north of the ones made of wood will be completly bone structures.