Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tel Uvirith
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM,

Uh, maybe that came out wrong. Big Grin

Take 2: First of all, love the stuff. Quality work, and I'm glad there is a Telvanni-interested modeller. Once VV gets an Ashlander guy, that should cover the major architectural styles of the island of VV. Well, except for Imperial Common, but I'm making some slow & painful progress on that front.

As for suggestions, you'll get plenty, particularly for a high-interest set like this. I got quite a few on the shacks and the interest level wasn't nearly as high. I took some and not others, figuring that those who really didn't like the set were always free to make their own. Wink

So my meta-suggestion is to take suggestions in that spirit; if they make sense to you, do them; if not, don't. Admittedly, some people's suggestions carry more weight than others. Big Grin Big Grin
07-17-2007, 11:20 PM,

I was only joking Big Grin constructive criticism is the base of any good mod. I'm gonna work more on the tower tomorrow, but from my little mish-mashing I've done tonight I might need to work on it a hell of a lot more - perhaps even remake it.

Don't pay any attention to my little jokes, keep the comments coming! Thanks for taking the time to look at it Smile

-JonS
In House Telvanni, there's not mushroom at the top.

[Relz] JonSatriani's Telvanni Tileset
Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-18-2007, 01:44 AM,

let me know how you plan on expanding it.

As for the tower, I feel that we should keep the the design of TES3's... not that you can't add your own touched but Telvanni shroomholds were fantastic and weirdly unreal... they weren't cylindrical, they bulbed and grew and extended and etc. Look in TES3 and get some ideas as to how regularly irregular the Telvanni tower-fungi were... its not that they weren't semi-cylindrical, but yours looks TOO simplified....

Thank you JonSatriani for doing this and being so open to suggestions and criticism. :yes:

EDIT:
by the way I really like it
don't wanna seem like I'm all about trashing people's work, but from other's response I'm sure you grasped the idea your work is good :goodjob:
07-18-2007, 02:30 AM,

It's inspiring work really, which fits with the scope of the Telvanni architecture. Those Telvanni towns were complex webs of roots and tangled tree-trunks, very artsy, no symmetry. I think you've really captured that in your work so far. You get a big :banana: for big progress!
07-18-2007, 08:43 AM,

Okay now I need some really strong criticism. I've knocked about almost every face on the tower, making it as asymmetrical as possible. Here's a brief screenie from Nifskope:

screen for me Birmingham

If this one doesn't appease the masses (well, at least 5 people Tongue) then I'll just redesign and stick far closer to the TES3 original, which is in my opinion highly symmetrical and a little out of place in an otherwise fantastic exterior set. The other, really bendy tower included in MW was fantastic, but nowhere to be found ingame. I wonder why?

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM,
Very nice
Just one more thought from me: Smile

Maybe have the vine column structures weave a little laterally as they move up the tower. I think that might add a little to the whole "plant asymmetry" motif.

Nice work,
Steve
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM,

Ah I see it! Good suggestion.

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM,

I agree with the Vine Columns, but I think the main root of the tower is perfect. It should blend nicely with the housepods and tower butresses (very spherical).
07-18-2007, 04:26 PM,

That's much better Jon, I think it's looking pretty much perfect now. Very nice indeed. :yes:
07-20-2007, 10:44 AM,

Hokay some new screens for y'all, I've been (literally) rocking it up today. The bulbous new tower is looking really good imho, thanks for the input fellas. I still plan to add a few more housepods and some other stuff.

screen 1
screen 2
screen 3
screen 4
screen 5

The main thing wrong with these pics is the complete lack of flora. I've made four mushroom-trees for my other mod (Tel Aryon), which I made a little more colourful to fit in better with Cyrodiil's flora. Here's the question: should I retexture them to make them look more like Morrowind trees?

shroom trees screen

enjoy!

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog