Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tel Uvirith
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM,

Wow Jon, this has really taken shape, it looks brilliant; better than ever!

Nice work man. :goodjob:

Quote:The main thing wrong with these pics is the complete lack of flora. I've made four mushroom-trees for my other mod (Tel Aryon), which I made a little more colourful to fit in better with Cyrodiil's flora. Here's the question: should I retexture them to make them look more like Morrowind trees?
I think that would be fine, you could perhaps mix these in or use the textures used on Silgrad Tower's mushroom trees for a Morrowind look, if you want. remember though that it's going to be hard to create the right feel with the lack of certain assets for the time being, IMO. So whist I do honestly think it's looking great, the landscape around it can and probably will be added to over time, so I don't think you should worry too much about that. I'd say after you've placed trees, and you're happy with the layout, get some good old vertex paint on there and start messin with ground textures.

I think that'll make it a lot better. :yes:

Oh, and something to take note on-

Use 'B' when you're finished with the exterior to turn on cell grid borders and take a note of which cells you have edited. It kinda makes it easier for us when we generate the regions, to know which areas not to generate on.
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM,

Yeah I was gonna wait until all the objects are down before doing any more landscape alteration. I'll have a fiddle later and see how it goes Smile

-JonS
In House Telvanni, there's not mushroom at the top.

[Relz] JonSatriani's Telvanni Tileset
Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-20-2007, 02:10 PM,

Looking good, big :banana: for progress!
07-22-2007, 12:11 PM,

Alrighty, here's a brief update, have made some new shroom trees and a new texture that's still a little different, but more in keeping with Vvardenfell. Added the trees around the place, also played with the landscape/vertex painting a little.

screen 1
screen 2
screen 3
screen 4
screen 5
screen 6

Next job is to try and make the whole town a little more claustrophobic, perhaps with some rock overhangs and narrowing off the streets a little.

I was just about to add in loads of tiny mushrooms and stopped myself, as Cyrodiil mushrooms don't grow in Vvardenfell - I guess I need some Bungler's Bane and the like. Is that stuff in the ST assets? Or do I need to build it myself?

Comments and criticism, as always, are more than welcome.

Enjoy!

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-22-2007, 03:44 PM,

Looks wonderful. Smile Those new mushrooms look very nice!

One thing though, in this screen, I say try and use the Morrowind clutter/containers. I don't think the Cyriodiil ones feel right for a Telvanni settlement in Vvardenfell. Don't get me wrong though, it looks great.

As for the Bungler's Bane, yes, they're in ST. I think ST have about 95% of the ingredients and harvestable flora that we'd need. :yes:
07-22-2007, 03:56 PM,

No problems, that's the easy bit to change Smile

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-22-2007, 03:59 PM,

I like that little shed type thing in the picture Dave just pointed out.
07-22-2007, 04:01 PM,

Heh yeah, made that market roof thing for Tel Aryon and thought it'd be alright in Tel Uvirith.

-JonS

Tel Aryon 2.0 blog
07-22-2007, 04:31 PM,

Yeah they makes sense. They'll be good to use for the market stall areas in Sadrith Mora when we get to them. Wink
07-22-2007, 04:38 PM,

Looking amazing If i were you I would put some mushrooms infront of the tower of Tel Uvirith.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail