Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvanni Questline
04-17-2005, 11:05 PM,
Telvanni Questline
OK then, I'll be posting the Telvanni outline here, along with updates, in 5 phases.

If you would like to attack me, applaud me, frame me, poison me, call me, or even kick me in the rear for any reason whatsoever, please hold that urge until the end of the ride. Enjoy!

---
Quest Creator: Haplo
Quest Areas: Park, Town Square, Ancestral Tomb, various shops/buildings in Silgrad.

NPCs Involved:
-Valderon - Male Dunmer
-Councillor Grathras Vort - Male Dunmer
-Hlaalu Representative - Male Imperial?
-Temple Representative - Female Dunmer
-Grylith Branor - Land-Owner

Prerequisites:
-Valderon Starter Quests
-Player is at least neutral with Telvanni.

---
Insert Valderon Starter Quests HERE
---
Player is offered the chance to go have a look around the town and decide for himself which of the groups of Silgrad he wishes to join.
---

Chapter 1 - 00.06.01

After completing the 'Park Quest', the player is told by the Telvanni house guards to report back to Valderon one last time.

Player returns to Valderon. He says that the Telvanni mages here in Silgrad are pleased that you helped them with the park rezoning, and yet are still a little angered at this biased attack upon their right to their share of the city zones, and are awaiting a formal written apology from Valderon himself. He asks you if you would take it to them. If you deny, then the Telvanni quest line option is shut down(until you accept, that is. The topic, along with the option to accept, will remain in his dialogue box until you accept, and then it shall dissappear once you accept it).

When you accept, he hands you the message, along with directions to the house pod of Councillor Grathras Vort, the head of House Telvanni at Silgrad. Once you arrive, and hand the apology over, your standing with all Telvanni within Silgrad rises by 10. Councillor Vort then asks you to do a certain amount of favors for him.

First he needs to collect some new samples of flowers said to be growing in this region. The climate is explicitly different than where he grew up, and he is interested in seeing the effects on some local flowers and plants. He asks for

2 Stoneflower petals
2 Gold Kanet flowers
and
1 cutting of Heather.

-

Once you have returned with the ingredients, he gives as a reward:
2 Scrolls of Daedir's Blessing..

He then asks you for:
A potion of Cure Common Disease.

and then gives you:
200 Gold and a 4th Barrier Scroll
as a reward for the potion of C.C.D..

---

Chapter 2 - 00.06.02

After you've done those errands, Councillor Vort tells you to speak with his mouth, a young female Breton by the name of Roela Vellum, (who is the granddaughter of a very wealthy printshop owner, and paper-maker) to see if she has something for the player to do while Grathras is busy.

You visit Roela, who is pleased to see you, and is glad that you have come to see the truth in the words of the great Telvanni. You ask her about work, or tasks, and she says that she does indeed have a couple for you.

First of all, she informs you of some Hlaalu smugglers that have been stealing parts of Telvanni shipments that contained rare gems and food. She tells you that this is unacceptable, and must be stopped at once. She gives you the location of the smugglers(a little bit away from the entrance of Silgrad, behind some houses), and tells you that your reward will be quite decent, should you succeed in a timely manner.

After disposing of the three Hlaalu smugglers, you report back to Roela, who gives you:

- 2 Diamonds
- 1 Emerald
- 500 Gold
as a reward.
-
Roela then asks you to oversee the negotiation of a land deed for a new tower near Vort's housepod. She directs you to an abandonded warehouse that has fallen into disrepair.
Once you enter, you are greeted by a Dunmer noble who is somewhat glad to be rid of this trouble, albeit not to cheaply. The noble, Grylith Branor, charges 5000 for the purchase of the actual land, and another 1200 for demolishing his building, and for other misc. losses.
-
After the transaction occurs, and you finish talking to Roela and hand her the land titles, two things happen:

1 - You are granted 1000 gold for compensation.

2 - A script is put into place that changes every day:
- Day 1 - Door is locked and requires key that is not in-game, the teleport is removed.
- Day 2 - The entire warehouse is removed, leaving the ground underneath it.
- Day 3 - Land is rearranged, landscaped a bit.
- Day 4 - Tower is added, with no door.
- Day 5 - Door is added, but locked 100(with trap), and requires the same key as the locked warehouse above did.
- Day 6 (FINAL day) - Roela moves into the Tower, it is unlocked, and completed. Crates and sacks now adorn the exterior. Two Telvanni mages are relocated and added to the tower, as well as one guard. Another guard is added outside the entrance.

--

Speak with Roela again, and she says that two escaped Hungers have been terrorizing some important contacts of hers. She asks you as a personal favor to dispose of them. They ignore normal weapon resitance, and she tells you of this. She does not provide you with a weapon, however.

Upon killing the two Hungers, a Redguard warrior appears and forces dialogue with you, angered by the fact that you killed the two Hungers that he released to help guard a Redoran tomb. He then attacks you. If you kill him, all is well. If you simply run or teleport away, he will still be there for you to pick off later on when you're bored. :-)

---

Chapter 3 - 00.06.03

The next time you pay a visit to Roela, she has a subterfuge mission awaiting. She would like you to... 'pay a visit'... to the Temple complex and the Imperial Mages Guildhall. Roela instructs you to poke around a bit and make sure no one is planning anything suspicious, or anti-Telvanni. It is during this mission that you uncover the Temple's discovery of the Underground Tomb, and their plans for it.

Once you report your findings to Roela, she fails to reward you, but tells you to come back in a day. She must think over this report.

One Day Later -
You return to Roela, who has consulted with Councillor Vort, and has come to the conclusion that this tomb is somehow connected to the blocked cave accessable from the basement of the Telvanni Tower you are currently in. She then asks you to go as a uh...liason? to the Temple Complex and inform them of the beliefs of Councillor Vort.

The Temple, upon hearing this, will make a totally unpredictable move and offer cooperation between the sites, at least temporarily, so that the excavation is completed sooner.

More coming, obviously.
----------
Parts 4 & 5 coming soon. Part 4 is the Temple vs. Telvanni in the underground tomb discovered by the Temple.
----------

End
|m0use.net|
04-18-2005, 03:17 AM,

It looks very interesting! Great work!

Though I must have been unclear in the main story draft. I'll update that soon and emphasize how I pictured it, but it would be something like this:

1) The player comes to Silgrad Tower and is nudged to go and see Valderon. If he opts to pursue the main story, the player then plays though the four initial quests for Valderon. I didn't figure there would be any alternatives to those four quests, as the goal I tried to reach was to introduce the player to Silgrad, and to the conflict. Giving him five paths from the start would just confuse him; I think we need to ease him into our world by portioning info through fun (hopefully) Starter Quests.

2) After those Starter Quests he's become somewhat famous to all people in Silgrad, and he has the option to pursue any of the five quest paths. He starts to pursue a path by agreeing to support one faction's idea for the forest square. After he has, for instance, shook hands with Vort to drive through House Telvanni's vision for the forest square - that's it, he can't pursue any other quest path ever, unless he reloads an earlier save, or starts a new game. Kindof like being adopted by a Great House in Morrowind.

The player can never experience more than one side of the forest square incident in the same game.

3) The ending of each quest path is up to the moderator as long as the basic guideline is followed: that faction will take control over Silgrad Tower. Whether through money, or striking alliances, or sheer murder and mayhem, or any concievable way, is the moderator's choice. After the quest path ending, the main story is over, but the player is free to pursue all other kinds of quests that may be in the plugin.

Your stage 1: This seems to draw upon both the forest square quests as well as Starter Quest 2. As I clarified above, there isn't any alternatives to Starter Quests in the main story draft Smile But if you tweak this portion, it could be a great way to start off the Telvanni quest path by describing what happens when the player chooses to side with that House, if you want. If so, it would correspond to quest 5E in the draft, and I'd replace what I put there with your update.

Your stage 2: The second half is excellent, giving the player a reason to explore the countryside! I'm confused about the beginning part of it, but that might be because I was unclear in the main story draft as I noted above; after (or if) the player wins the forest square incident for House Telvanni, he'll continue the quest path by reporting directly to Vort.

A sidenote: there's a big chance we can't use Almsivi intervention spells since there might be no Dunmer Temple markers. There probably won't be Dunmer Temples in Cyrodiil, so there'd be no reason for them to include those markers. Btw the spell takes the player to the nearest Temple marker, as set up in the editor.

By the way, I found this Telvanni councilor discussion buried on an old board, perhaps you can use it?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM,

Ok, I'll see if I can fix them soon. My time at the computer is very restricted these days, so I won't have much time. But as for the link, I don't have access to that page apparently. Maybe you could copy&paste it or quote it here?

Edit - Also, about the Almsivi Intervention scrolls, if the town is controlled by Dunmer, and there's a Temple faction there, why would the creators of Silgrad not add a Temple marker to the Temple?
|m0use.net|
04-19-2005, 04:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
Also, about the Almsivi Intervention scrolls, if the town is controlled by Dunmer, and there's a Temple faction there, why would the creators of Silgrad not add a Temple marker to the Temple?

If it's possible, of course we'll have a working Almsivi Intervention spell. But the setup with the effects of an Almsivi spell and Temple markers was hardcoded into Morrowind. You could create a new marker if you wanted, but programming a new spell effect to take advantage of it wasn't as easy. As we'll only have two cities or so with Dunmer temples, I don't think it will be much of a problem. The easiest solution is to just skip using them Smile

Ok, I'll see if I can fix them soon. My time at the computer is very restricted these days, so I won't have much time. But as for the link, I don't have access to that page apparently. Maybe you could copy&paste it or quote it here?

Odd, I didn't think that board was restricted. There's nothing secret there, just some old discussions. Below are the interesting parts of the discussion, which you can use as inspiration if you want. You don't have to follow what they're saying if you don't want to, Vort is your guy now.

Councilors - The Telvanni?s Mouth

Quote:Originally posted by Valderon
Suggestions for his history here please Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Shaun
Hmm how about something like this:

The actual Telvanni Councillor is a recluse called Seramis Vort who is much more concerned with his own magical experiments than with anythign to do with the Council.

His mouth is a young Breton who is very opinionated and often makes decisions based on what she woudl like without even consulting Seramis (obviously no-one knows this) even if she knows that she would be advised to vote differntly by him.

I think if we were planning on having corruption in the Council she would be a good culprit because she is using the Council for her own interests, when she should simply be representing Seramis.

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
I really like the idea of having a 'Mouth' with own plans and agendas. Just one suggestion, make her a Dunmer, not a Breton. I can't imagine a Telvanni accepting a non-Dunmer as her / his mouth.

Btw, check out the A who's who of Silgrad in the Library, there's an open spot for your NPC there Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-19-2005, 11:55 PM,

Okies, thanks for the quote.

On the Almsivi matter -

We wouldn't be creating a new spell. There's already Almsivi scrolls in the game, we just write a script that says 'add 1 Almsivi Intervention Scroll' to player's inventory. I just don't see where you coming from, is all. I'm not saying we create a new spell, we just add an [already existing] spell in the form of a scroll to the player's inventory for successful completion of the quest, and viola.
|m0use.net|
04-20-2005, 12:32 AM,

Okies, thanks for the quote.

On the Almsivi matter -

We wouldn't be creating a new spell. There's already Almsivi scrolls in the game, we just write a script that says 'add 1 Almsivi Intervention Scroll' to player's inventory. I just don't see where you coming from, is all. I'm not saying we create a new spell, we just add an [already existing] spell in the form of a scroll to the player's inventory for successful completion of the quest, and viola.

Err... this whole thing is for Oblivion? It's why it's on the Oblivion board. We haven't worked on the TES3 plugin since september -04, and don't plan to do it ever again.
Angel mired in filth
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM,

I know...*holds in frustration*

I know that this is for Oblivion. I know.
It's possible to add in a Temple marker in the editor, I know. They won't take that option away for Oblivion. I realize your concerns. They will have an Imperial Cult marker, but not a Temple marker ingame. Even if they don't allow us to make a Temple marker, we could add a Imperial Cult marker, and add a new scroll to the game, with the same description as an Almsivi Intervention scroll, yet change the script to teleport to an IC marker, instead. Trust me, it's possible. I've done it before for the Talos Cult in one of my mods.
|m0use.net|
04-20-2005, 07:17 PM,

I know...*holds in frustration*

I know that this is for Oblivion. I know.
It's possible to add in a Temple marker in the editor, I know. They won't take that option away for Oblivion. I realize your concerns. They will have an Imperial Cult marker, but not a Temple marker ingame. Even if they don't allow us to make a Temple marker, we could add a Imperial Cult marker, and add a new scroll to the game, with the same description as an Almsivi Intervention scroll, yet change the script to teleport to an IC marker, instead. Trust me, it's possible. I've done it before for the Talos Cult in one of my mods.

Sorry for misreading your post. I think we'll leave your Almsivi intervention scroll in then, and then evaluate it after we know what Oblivion can and can't do. If you can make it work, I am of course not against it.
Angel mired in filth
04-30-2005, 12:07 AM,

Ok, so I'm really confused about the new system on quests(the numbers)

If the Telvanni questline was right after the Valderon's Tasks questline, would it be something like:

00.06.01 - Chapter 1
00.06.02 - Chapter 2

etc.?

Also - I've updated the main quest to fix itself with your MQ proposal. You can add what I have so far to the MQ Proposal page, along with the Redoran, Temple, and Valderon paths if you wish.
|m0use.net|
04-30-2005, 05:36 AM,

I will take care of the numbering, no problem. I only was able to get until the end of valderon?s tasks yesterday but I will set up the other forums for the house related quests and the rest of the main storyline soon. Up to then just have fun with developing this quest without bothering yourself about "numbers" Big Grin
[Image: lhc.gif]