Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tes V Skyrim 11/11/2011
10-01-2008, 01:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
It would certainly make our job easier for a future version of Silgrad Tower, since the two connect directly. Big Grin

You'd think so, but that's only if we use the same worldspace as Skyrim is in. If we don't we'd need a much larger transition area than we currently have Smile

Then again that might not be an issue, Oblivion is the only game where using a different worldspace is a realistic option. Who knows, TES5 might even lack worldspaces and go back to an improved version of the TES3 system.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM,

Well,me too,i heard a lot of rumors.

For example:

-The new elder scrolls named TES V : Shadow('s) Realm
-Map of Skyrim or Summerset Isles
-MMORPG <- No comment X(

I really hope,the game not come as a massive online game.
If yes,the Elder Scrolls History is have the end..

Greetings
10-01-2008, 08:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
-MMORPG <- No comment X(

Greetings
There probably will be an online Elder Scroll game, but it probably won't be made by Bethsoft. It will probably be made by Bethsoft's sister company, ZeniMax Online (or whatever it's called).

Let's face, ZeniMax Media would be stupid not to cash in on the MMO market, and there are probably loads of people that would play an MMO Elder Scrolls.
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM,

an ES MMO has the potential to be amazing. most people base their notions of MMOs from WoW stereotypes, but there are many great things in MMOs that would enhance the elder scrolls experience. then again, it could also suck balls Confusedhrug:

for instance, an MMO could take advantage of politics. lets say there is war between hammerfell and skyrim, the players could join either side and determined the outcome of the conflict through their actions. likewise an MMO is ever changing, allowing amazing customization and player impact on the world. interacting with other players, whether in a player vs. player senario or in cooperative missions, would enhance gaming fun.

what do people desire in mods? companions. economy. crafting. larger worlds. all of these are in an MMO.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-01-2008, 10:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
an ES MMO has the potential to be amazing. most people base their notions of MMOs from WoW stereotypes, but there are many great things in MMOs that would enhance the elder scrolls experience. then again, it could also suck balls Confusedhrug:

for instance, an MMO could take advantage of politics. lets say there is war between hammerfell and skyrim, the players could join either side and determined the outcome of the conflict through their actions. likewise an MMO is ever changing, allowing amazing customization and player impact on the world. interacting with other players, whether in a player vs. player senario or in cooperative missions, would enhance gaming fun.

what do people desire in mods? companions. economy. crafting. larger worlds. all of these are in an MMO.

Honestly, I think that the Elder Scrolls wouldn't work well as an MMO, or at least, it wouldn't work well as the Elder Scrolls. As something else, you could make it work, but I think the concept itself would totally fall apart. Most of the basis, to me at least, seems to be on the main character who performs this huge quest that saves the Empire in some way or other (and it almost implies that its the same character/reincarnated being in some ways) through many different actions. Online would be cool with having a lot of people to interact with, but in a sense it loses that grand design/fate laid out for one individual.

Personally, to me the companions, crafting, and economy are not as important a part of things (at least, not in the way that they are in MMOs) especially since the way they altered the enchantment system. I would be fine with not having someone to follow me around in Oblivion and there isn't much in the way of crafting in Oblivion anyways (though I really would like the ability to make scrolls or have more than one enchantment per item - it practically raises every item out there to artifact status that has more than one enchantment on it). The world space is another story. I would like to see a bigger world space with more things to do. Thats part of the reason I am helping on Silgrad Tower. :yes:
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM,

what i have im my head, my ideal MMO, elderscrolls or not, is a Massively Multiplayer Online Singleplayer Roleplaying Game. It is perfectly possible to structure an MMO in such a way that the single player experience takes center stage and you still feel like you are the one and only hero. not sure if youve heard of the concept of Guildwars, but its ideas form some important basis of mine. in it only the cities are fully multiplayer, but the wilderness is a private space for you and those you choose to take in your party. a single player MMO would work kind of like that: on one hand you have missions and areas that are full of people from all over the world, but on the other you have your own tailor made experience.

one of the main ideas i see is having people matter. in your average MMO most people dont know eachother and no one really matters (unless you are some epic rank 10 PvP person or something, and even then only a small fraction recognise your achievement). in an ES MMO you could gain recognition through your actions in the game -- being the leader of a guild for example. imagine walking around as Head of the Mages Guild and have it really matter, because you are the one and only head of the mages guild in your entire server of 12k people. lets go back to the was scenario, lets say a redguard war band attacks Haafringar. the raid of people who choose to defend it would go down in history, forever immortalized for their actions... or the city would pass to the redguards, altering the game world for ever. this is players deciding the fate of the world, either through collaborative action or by your lonesome. if thats not the definition of epic i dont know what is.

10-03-2008, 07:54 PM,

For example:

-MMORPG <- No comment X(

Greetings

Is Summerset Isles doable? I don't know much about that country.
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird

For example:

-MMORPG <- No comment X(

Greetings

Is Summerset Isles doable? I don't know much about that country.

I have an Oblivion project what create the Summerset Isles province for Oblivion,so we are have some information about the land.
Yes,the Isles are doable.
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM,

no, they are not. well, let me rephrase that, they are not doable in their true self.
Quote:they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." ... describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall.
can you mod that? no.

making summerset would require massive technology (shaders, various maps, etc.) that games today either do not have or do not commonly use. it also requires absolute creativity: nothing is less summerset than tolkein. summerset is beyond belief, a ant colony in its structure and pure dream in its visual glory. summerset is morrowind + 20. summerset is everything oblivion was not.

10-04-2008, 10:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
no, they are not. well, let me rephrase that, they are not doable in their true self.
Quote:they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." ... describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall.
can you mod that? no.

making summerset would require massive technology (shaders, various maps, etc.) that games today either do not have or do not commonly use. it also requires absolute creativity: nothing is less summerset than tolkein. summerset is beyond belief, a ant colony in its structure and pure dream in its visual glory. summerset is Morrowind + 20. summerset is everything oblivion was not.

Now now Lady Nerevar, I'm sure you remember that Cyrodiil used to be a province dominated by jungles. Bethesda aren't above modifying lore to suit their plans for a game, and if they want a game set in Summerset Isles you can bet they'll change the definition of it to something that is feasible in a game setting. Honestly, it would be pretty tarded if they let their own lore box them in so much that it interferes with a multi-million dollar venture like a new ES game.

Anyway, regarding the MMORPG issue I'm an old sod and I like my games the way I'm used to them - me and the computer. If I want to chat I go online, I don't want to have to deal with people inside my computer games. Among other things I want to kill a guy in a game and know there isn't some poor soul on the other end that got upset because he lost his avatar. But yeah, primarily I don't want the hassle of monthly payments and the impending doom of ceased payments shutting me out of that game - assuming I would even be able to make montly payments from my account all the way over to Amerikat.

I also agree with the point others in the thread raised, when I play an ES game I want to be the hero who saves the world (who doesn't?) and that's not gonna happen in a MMORPG where there's more heroes than there are people in the city I live in. And last but not least I enjoy the mixture of a fun game as well as the focus of an entertaining hobby, and a game that can't be modded for wouldn't satiate my creativity.

So personally I wouldn't buy an Elder Scrolls MMORPG. The ES label would neither add nor detract anything from the experience for me. Unless it was set in Morrowind, then I'd be a bit curious about it... but that won't happen, so. (But if an Elder Scrolls MMORP does happen then by all means I hope it does well and helps Bethesda flourish.)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]