Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Amazing Talents of Mr Siika
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I finalized the preparation of Mr_Siika's assets and I'll post a few screenshots later today.
Just so you know, I never got any further with finding out what was up with the pig assets.
I found the cause yesterday, it was related to an error in the texture path and the highrespig.nif was selected in the 'ModelList' instead of the pig.nif.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-11-2008, 04:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I found the cause yesterday, it was related to an error in the texture path and the highrespig.nif was selected in the 'ModelList' instead of the pig.nif.
Ah, glad you got it sorted, thanks for letting me know.
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Quote:Originally posted by Sabian
Hey folks,

just a little update. I'm PMing Mr. Siika about making Durzog's for us from the Guar mod. I'm hoping it will be a quick job. The skeletons are anatomically similar. Smile
The guar actually uses the clanfear skeleton, which isn't all that similar to the durzog (what with the durzog being quadruped and all). I'm not sure the animations would fit all that well either. Still, if MrSiika wishes to do it I'll be interested in seeing the result.
yes, that was his opinion as well.

I believe he decided to use a different skeleton. though for the life of me I can't remember which one. Smile
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sabian
yes, that was his opinion as well.

I believe he decided to use a different skeleton. though for the life of me I can't remember which one. Smile
The sheep probably has the right build, but the animations wouldn't suit all that well. The dog probably wouldn't fit the bulky design of the durzog all that well, and I can't imagine a durzog cutely wagging it's tail Wink

Mountain lion or bear might be a decent compromise, they're probably what I'd try if I were doing it. Actually, if I were doing it I'd do everything from scratch, but it's fair to say that that would take a while.
11-14-2008, 01:33 PM,

I decided to go for the dog skeleton. As I understand it, the Durzog is in many ways similar to a dog, and to be honest, no other skeleton fits at all.
I'll try to post a first development screenshot soon, modelling is at about 50 to 60 percent.
A completely new skeleton would have been the optimal choice, I agree ;-)
11-14-2008, 04:24 PM,

as promised:
private concept
Durzog mesh (no details yet)
hope you are not too disappointed... I promise it'll look bether when it's finished ;-)
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM,

Looks about right to me...except for the lack of the hind legs and tail in the mesh...the head is pleasingly Alien-esque :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-16-2008, 02:01 PM,

that's how the durzog looks at the moment...
Durzog mesh (wip)
It would have been possible to copy it from Tribunal (by copy I mean using front and side-view images of the actual create as reference pics), but I think it is still recognizable the way it is now.
It is hard for me to tell if it looks good or not, as I never played the Tribunal addon...
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM,

Actually, I think that looks spot on. Congratulations yet again! =)
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-16-2008, 05:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by mr_siika
that's how the durzog looks at the moment...
Durzog mesh (wip)
Looking good. :goodjob:

One suggestion, though - make the eyes a seperate mesh from the body. That way they can have an enviroment map applied so that they look glossy. IIRC most of the vanilla creatures do this, it's pretty effective.

Good luck with UV mapping it Wink