Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Drunken Mudcrab Import Shop
04-09-2006, 01:44 AM,

damn, you're right, Confusedlap:

well, i guess it's one or the other... i don't care either way, so we'll have to wait for Vrenir and Ebony...

btw: what do you think of the newest pic/placement
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-09-2006, 01:44 AM,

No i was just saying that there is a cammong tong camp Ne of Cheydinal that could maybe be of some importance thats all
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-09-2006, 01:48 AM,

alright, well i guess we'll have to wait and see what Vrenir thinks... i was leaning more towards a Cammona Tong agent myself... you know, a better way to bring some of Morrowind into Cyrodill :yes:

04-09-2006, 02:25 AM,

We also shouldn't just keep them as retextures forever, given the high quality of TES4's graphics. Retextures just seem odd in a game like this.
04-09-2006, 05:02 AM,

i think we should wait to see how they turn out before any judgements of that sort :yes:

04-09-2006, 07:38 AM,

Retextures on specific items should be viable in a permanent sense. After all, two different-looking bottles that have the same shape is not a problem and you find that all the time in the games. The clothing should also definitely be able to pass muster, because unless you're dealing with something outrageous, the shape should be normal just with different embroidery etc.

The new screenshot looks much better, just maybe extend the sidewalk texture right up to the new porch, because it appears that every other building in town is directly on the street.

As far as the fence goes, having it there isn't bad. My only problem with the Cammona Tong doing it is that selling Morrowind goods outside of Morrowind generates interest in Morrowind and the Cammona Tong have always seemed isolationist to me, as in kick all the outlanders out and then keep them away! Why they would be fostering trade with outlanders is something that would need a good explanation.
04-09-2006, 02:13 PM,

Good points (as usual :yes: ) Vrenir. Alright, i guess i'll realign those two surfaces so that they're closer together. And when you put the Tong thing like that, well, i think i just switched stides, recently freed argonian slave all the way! Big Grin

04-09-2006, 02:18 PM,

No if your saying there shouldnt be a cammong tong here i agree but there is Ne of Cheyindal called walker camp i dono why they are there maybe Helseth sent them to keep watch on Count Indarys or something
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-09-2006, 02:24 PM,

I wasn't aware the cammona tong are working for helseth, wow can someone remove my ignorance please and tell me how this acurred? :O

Also ebony, i'm sorry if it looked like i ignored your suggestion, its just that i was placing the importance of the proximity of the two (the store and the homeless fence) over the established lore in-game.

Though if we can provide the player with a reliable way of getting out to the camp, and a reliable way of informing them that new items are available for purchase at the camp, sure, why not? But in my opinion it's far simpler to simpler have them in the same worldspace, which is why is suggested that we go with the argonian idea. :yes:

04-09-2006, 02:26 PM,

I know this might not be the thread but during a quest you have to go a shitty orc lords estate after you rescue his daughter i saw some cammongtong going to his house and this was a Fighters guild quest!