Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great House War
01-29-2006, 01:11 AM,

good point...
but to answer you and defend my position... Big Grin
the Great House War... the Indoril, Dres, and Redoran HAVE been itching to drive ou tthe Imperials... if they saw their chance they'd willingly sacrifice their lives to drive them out... much like the Ashlanders... the Hlaalu ARE the rising stars and are pushing aside Redoran and Indoril and becoming a threat to the economic powerhouse: Dres.
I think Heltseth is clever... but if he was so clever... wouldn't he be afraid that after the erevarine figured out who was trying to kill him/her that he/she would spill the means to the world and try to take out Helseth? ...seriously... Tribunal MQ basically made the Nerevarine take a 'pawn' role.... too easily tricked... but then again his/her whole existence (rebirth) is because the Daedra wanted to get rid of the Tribunal...
...and I do recognize that the third MQ is improbable... but I think the idea was cool and I got inspired from those Frost Atronachs on Solstheim, the talking ones in Mt. Kand... and a few other incidents... and then I got creative... can you blame me? Smile

I understand that we should all wait till we know for sure what will be happening... but I'd say plan now, fix later.... cause if we are right about a lot of stuff, then we'll be all set... and if we aren't... well thinking is the easier part... modding is the other half.. :]
but we will take that into consideration... IF Vivec is dead... and the Nerevarine is too... (or gone), and Helseth doesn't do anything dumb and just sits back and stays low... there's a greater chance for a Great House War t break out

and sorry fo rthe long post? your was nothing compared to the obese posts just a few above yours! :rofl:
01-29-2006, 01:32 AM,

i do agree however that we should wait to see what the pocket guide will say, i'm sure it has some major plans for morrwind...

although personally i think that the first one is highly proable, the other two...well...much less so Wink
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-29-2006, 05:18 PM,

hm, OK, i have a kinda MQ idea thing, well backstory more like. its alot more based on plots then actualy fighting, but thats what comes from reading to much song of ice and fire....

backstory, player has no role in this. Helseth, on a rutien inspection of his lands in vvardenfell, falls in love with Dren's daughter. shortly after their marige, Barenziah gets sick. and this is where the shit starts. Barenziah was the only thing stoping Helseth from bieng totaly stupid, but this new wife is exactly the oposite. She encurages him to rebel from the empire and croun himself the true ruler of tamriel.... and thats all the concreat stuff ive got so far. teh rest is jsut ideas. The bride is realy am informant of the 6th house, and has Helseth under some sort of mind control type thing. while some of the great houses are glad to folow him and rebel, others are more loyal to the empire. Various cults also play into this somehow.... the tribunal temple is still worshiped in some parts of MW, but many of the dunmer have iether converted to the 9 divines, or are without a religion. Seeing how the temple was the only thing banign Daedra worshipers, such practices have now become wide spread over VVardenfell. the cultists see the opening of the gates as a sign of the Daedra's will, and iether join Helthes' side or rebvel by themselves (havent desided wich one yet)

yeh, a bit unconcreat, but thats cause i cmae up with this while brushing my teash 10 minutes ago... anyhow, let the bashing begin!
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-29-2006, 05:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
hm, OK, i have a kinda MQ idea thing, well backstory more like. its alot more based on plots then actualy fighting, but thats what comes from reading to much song of ice and fire....

backstory, player has no role in this. Helseth, on a rutien inspection of his lands in vvardenfell, falls in love with Dren's daughter. shortly after their marige, Barenziah gets sick. and this is where the shit starts. Barenziah was the only thing stoping Helseth from bieng totaly stupid, but this new wife is exactly the oposite. She encurages him to rebel from the empire and croun himself the true ruler of tamriel.... and thats all the concreat stuff ive got so far. teh rest is jsut ideas. The bride is realy am informant of the 6th house, and has Helseth under some sort of mind control type thing. while some of the great houses are glad to folow him and rebel, others are more loyal to the empire. Various cults also play into this somehow.... the tribunal temple is still worshiped in some parts of MW, but many of the dunmer have iether converted to the 9 divines, or are without a religion. Seeing how the temple was the only thing banign Daedra worshipers, such practices have now become wide spread over VVardenfell. the cultists see the opening of the gates as a sign of the Daedra's will, and iether join Helthes' side or rebvel by themselves (havent desided wich one yet)

yeh, a bit unconcreat, but thats cause i cmae up with this while brushing my teash 10 minutes ago... anyhow, let the bashing begin!

well it sounds like a good idea, but like all of ours... a bit wacky...
the Duke and his daughter would support a monarchy... it would give them the Imperial support they rely on...
but Sixth House informant? not out of the possibility... but not that plausible either... i mean how often do you think she'd go out and wander around and... or maybe she got an ash statue to piss off her dad... rebellious teenage girl?
then again the majority of the Dunmer have no love for Helseth and are an independent peoples... the fact that they'd listen to him is weird...
other than that... a great plot...

maybe putting in romanticism in the mq is a good idea? lot of stories have romance...
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM,

i dono... i was thinking that she is not his biological daughter, but maybe he like found her almost dead in the wildernss and bruoght her back home and nursed her back to health...

one of my more sane ideas....

01-29-2006, 05:52 PM,

i dono... i was thinking that she is not his biological daughter, but maybe he like found her almost dead in the wildernss and bruoght her back home and nursed her back to health...

one of my more sane ideas....
hmm... that's the thing...
do we have the "right" to make people's histories i they are shown any? or are we not to do that?
cause I could live with it either way... but being able to make people's pasts is cool...
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM,

it could have happened between MW and OB... and techinicly, your making stuff up anyways, so making him find a chick wouldnt be much of a violation.

(not realy defending my idea, jsut throwing some stuff out there)

ps. perhaps you would be up for hearing some of my otehr ideas? thye are probely even less propable then this one Tongue

01-29-2006, 05:58 PM,

ps. perhaps you would be up for hearing some of my otehr ideas? thye are probely even less propable then this one Tongue
shoot!
...not me.. tell ideas Big Grin

By the way, your idea of Vedam Dren finding a child in the wilderness isn't so bad...

its just if you add the part of her having been adopted by a Guar fa,ily that just gets weird... or like 2 Dunmer boys are lost and found again adopted by nix-hounds... or being fed by them for fattening :chaos:

EDIT: AHHH!! infact the more I think of it the more I like the idea!
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM,

crazy idea #1

revolves mainly around daedra cultinst. So, since those portal things are opening up all over Tamriel, they open up on Vardenfell as well. asicly, some chick gets raped by Daeda, and gets pregnanat from it (ew! you say. my sick imagination knows no bounds) . the cultists hail the chield a god, and worship him. they belive that he is the true heir to the throne, seeing how he is of divine blood.

ps. Get on MSN Kulza

01-29-2006, 06:07 PM,

crazy idea #1

revolves mainly around daedra cultinst. So, since those portal things are opening up all over Tamriel, they open up on Vardenfell as well. asicly, some chick gets raped by Daeda, and gets pregnanat from it (ew! you say. my sick imagination knows no bounds) . the cultists hail the chield a god, and worship him. they belive that he is the true heir to the throne, seeing how he is of divine blood.

ps. Get on MSN Kulza
dunno if that'll work...
....ok