Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morag Tong main quest
04-22-2007, 05:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by MarshallR
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
snip
plus, unless Helseth wantsto break the Armistice (the Empire and Morrowind's agreement) then he cannot shut down the Morag Tong without their consent. The Morag Tong would not consent to such a thing, and wouldn't go down without a fight. Here is their home, this is their land, and where would they go if they got shut down?
snip
Didn't Helseth break the Armistice already by banning slavery?
glad you brought it up

thats the big difference, if Helseth just decided to shut down the Morag Tong he'd need support... most Dunmer, even Hlaalu, wouldn't feel that would be a good move.....

however, banning slavery was different as apparently Great House Hlaalu and Dres approved, Telvanni stayed out of it, leaving Redoran and Indoril... since Helseth technically represents Morrowind to the Empire, he technically has the right to punish dissidents in Morrowind, and represents Morrowind's wish to ban slavery... thats not true in total reality but from the Elder Council's point of view, Helseth banning slavery is a good thing, and since he represents Morrowind and has a large and powerful support in the Morrowind for its abolishment, he can get away with it being "wished for by the majority" or something liek that....

if the Dunmer WANTED to shut down the Morag Tong, then Helseth could do that without stepping on their traditions and rights cause they wanted it, meaning a change in their traditions... in slavery's case, its like he had a large support for it, and just kinda rolled with it.... without a united opposition, and the Empire to say no (of course they back him up in this case) he can say he technically didn't break the Armistice...
04-22-2007, 05:56 PM,

Perhaps only that chapter should become illegal, after the botched writs and everything. Or we could try a whole new plotline all together.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
04-22-2007, 06:11 PM,

Perhaps only that chapter should become illegal, after the botched writs and everything. Or we could try a whole new plotline all together.
yea, just shutting down that branch would be a better idea, like saying
"Morag Tong I don't think you should be allowed legality in the Redoran District if you keep botching up writs"

Confusedhrug: sounds good to me
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM,

And plus, it would be compatable with whatever the Vvardenfell team does too.
04-22-2007, 06:55 PM,

And plus, it would be compatable with whatever the Vvardenfell team does too.
yup =)
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM,

Ahh i had only intended to make the Soluthis branch illegal, thought i'd implied that. Thanks for the vote of approval!

I take it you guys don't have any major problems with the questline, now that it's clear that only Soluthis is becoming illegal? If anyone does have any major concerns, now's the time to voice them, cause next i need to figure out the small details, which i purposely made a bit fuzzy so that we could fine tune them as a group (and cause i was a bit lazy, and under some time constraints in RL)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-22-2007, 07:07 PM,

Perhaps after they become illegal, there becomes some strife over how to go about things. One part of the guild wants to expand there horizons, taking writs they normally wouldn't have, and perhaps have forays into other illegal activities to stay afloat, like smuggleing and racketeering. The others in the guild want to keep going in the same direction, and try to become legal again. The player could choose sides in this.
04-22-2007, 07:12 PM,

Aha, now that's the kind of stuff i really need to hear from you guys. The bad part of this quest in my opinion is the end of it, because it was hastily contrived, and a bit unsatisfactory. A MT split could definitely be used to expand what you need to do as guildmaster, and it could certainly turn out with multiple endings. I DID say i wanted multiple endings, with completely different results, and this is certainly a way we could do it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-22-2007, 07:22 PM,

counter-assassination ....?
perhaps after this series of events people are also considering asking the Morag Tong to be counter-assassins, tracking down the Dark Brotherhood which waxes in power with foreign (Imperial) control, and wanes when the Morag Tong is strong. Maybe there will be writs of protection? Where the Morag Tong will be asked to watch a highly valuable and targetted individual and kill assassination attempts before they can succeed.

just a thought....

bodyguards kill assassins when they try to assassinate the target, but counter-assassins can assassinate assassins before they try to assassinate their targets... cause thats the other facet of Morag Tong work, they assassinate Dark Brotherhood assassins.... wow I just said assassin/assassinate a lot of times :eek:
04-22-2007, 07:31 PM,

That was a whole lot of the assassination of assassinating assassins. It's definitely a good way to expand the role of the guildmaster. You know how there's a Vvardenfell thread discussing a possible own your own business quest? I want being guildmaster to be filled with choices like that. Plus, i have a luxury Bethesda never did. I can release the MT in v3 or so, and then in v4, i'll slap an expansion on it! Then there will be all sorts of nice awesome things to do, counterassassinations included.

That IS a very cool idea too. It's a race against time, which most things in oblivion are not. Take your time in the OB main quest, daedra are patient fellows. With counter-assassination, you have a deadline (no pun intended), which gives urgency, and a bigger challange. If you don't pull it off, no second chances.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala