Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morag Tong main quest
04-23-2007, 12:47 AM,

I'm back home with my CS where i belong, so this week i'll get to work on the guildhall and NPCs. I'll start work on the quest probably in the next month, and i think i also need to set up a template ESP for writs.

But there's still plenty of time to finalize the details, so get nitpicky! If there's a word in my quest you find displeasing, discuss it. It's why we made this thread.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-23-2007, 02:10 AM,

Well, the way the grandmaster dies doesn't sit well with me. I don't have anything to suggest though. Also, there are going to be writs for Silgrad and Steadhelm too, right? I mean you can't have the entire questline revolve around Soluthis.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
04-23-2007, 03:49 AM,

Ahh yeah, plenty of writs for all cities. I'd forgotten about steadhelm, and silgrad just opened up claims. The writs will of course cover all of ST. I think it would also be very feasable to have a sizeable amount of the quest take place in silgrad itself. Certainly some of the legal matters can be done in Silgrad, and having the DB hideout somewhere away from the guild they're attacking would be smart too.

Anyone have another way for the grandmaster to die? Prehaps he went out personally on a writ to prove the MT could still preform up to standards, and got killed, but it's just an idea.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM,

Sweet! Morag Tong board. I'm going to start work on the guildhall today, and then sometime set up a prototype writ template.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2007, 08:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
My solution would be that you have to resign from the DB in order to join the MT. It would basically trigger the DB expulsion quest upon joining. You can't possibly be in both groups. they'd know at once. What do you all think?
exactly what will happen in Vvardenfell

if you wanna join Morag Tong, now more Dark Brotherhood
if you wanna join Camonna Tong, no more Thieves Guild
if you wanna join Vando Tong, no more vampirism for you!
etc.etc.

*Vando Tong is basically sorta my invention... Clan Vando has been vampire hunters for many generations and the Vando Guild is basically a vampire hunters guild on Vvardenfell, very limited membership, mostly Vando clansmen... friendly with the Temple, with Redoran and Telvanni, and not at all with Vampires... they'll kill vampires or give them over to Telvanni who make them into henchmen or.... disect them alive Confusedhh:

Big Grin

Sounds logical and nice.
I'm just asking if you could infiltrate or will the infiltration be more like the end of the vanilla obl. fighter guild quests?
04-23-2007, 08:33 PM,

If you're asking if you can join the group of DB in Soluthis, the answer is no. It might be a bit like the FG end, but a lot more sneaky, and with more vampires, assassins, and possibly some help.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2007, 09:23 PM,

Howdy

Good Stuff, and having the board devoted to it is nicely done

Have you considered the Helseth Angle ?

Why would Helseth want to shut down the MT (even just the Soluthis Branch) when I am sure he knows how much strive it will cause him with the houses.

We know he has connections with the DB maybe this is a plot to get rid of the MT entirely starting in Soluthis

How high up the chain in the DB are you thinking to take these assasinations. If you go up high enough the Wrath of Sithis might be incured.

The DB should be fairly weakened in Morrowind from the previously mentioned Nerevarine attacks, so they would be bringing members from outside from Cheydinhal possibly or maybe another place not well known to re-build their ranks and could possibly have one of the Black Hands involved in their re-building and in their efforts to harass the MT

If the become illigal we would need a place to hid them, I wouldn't recommend the sewers as it would probably be the first place they will be looked for, I recall very few caves and tombs around Soluthis (MW version) but their is lots of room, if thats the route decided.

The Double Agent Idea is nice, and could be used to uncover who is "really" behind the botched wirts

thats bout it for now

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-23-2007, 09:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Howdy

Good Stuff, and having the board devoted to it is nicely done

Have you considered the Helseth Angle ?

Why would Helseth want to shut down the MT (even just the Soluthis Branch) when I am sure he knows how much strive it will cause him with the houses.

We know he has connections with the DB maybe this is a plot to get rid of the MT entirely starting in Soluthis

Exactly my thoughts. Helseth wants to eventually establish as much control as he can over Morrowind. Shutting down the MT in soluthis sends a message of "i can do bad things to you", and it also weakens the other branches. Thus, it gives him a base from which to take out the entire Morag Tong. Of course we'll force him to see the error of his ways.

The DB agents would almost certainly be imported from cyrodiil, possibly under the control of a speaker of the dark brotherhood. Of course if another speaker gets killed off, i'm not sure if sithis has anyone to carry out his wrath. The Morag Tong will have put the DB in it's place, and they know full well the consequences of trying to bring some wrath down in morrowind. We'll flip that wrath around and kill more of them!

I think the Morag Tong could meet in a cave. I'd certainly make one if i needed to. There's also the question of who would really want to try to get a bunch of assassins out of the sewers?? They probably have sympathy from the dunmer nobles and guards, and anybody who wouldn't consider it criminal to assault the MT would probably be a bit spooked by the prospect of running through the sewers trying to hunt down assassins.

Assassin in sewer vs guards = guard on a stick

Oh and i almost forgot, i started work on level one of the guild. I'm thinking it'll have 2 Morag Tong merchants, and be the general common area.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2007, 09:44 PM,

Excellante

Good way to go on the Helseth Angle :goodjob:

Nice start on the interior, how many levels are you thinking

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM,

There's 3 levels, which razorwing already put together according to the exterior layout.

Here's 3 shots of the other 2 levels. First one is the second level, and last two are third level. I haven't started doing those yet, obviously. Any ideas for what to make the second level into? I was thinking prehaps living quarters, or food & hanging out place. Then beds can be on lower 3rd, and office can be on upper 3rd
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala