Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morag Tong main quest
04-22-2007, 08:06 PM,

yes of course I know that Vivec-City business thread, I made it!
Nad yes, I knw its no pun intended but, I love all the puns going around, it makes the assassination of assassins while they try to assassinate much more amusing... or maybe I am just going koo-koo... anyhow...

I think the way you plan to integrate this will be cool...

also a few other things to consider...
*there's an ancient law saying outlanders cannot be targetted by Morag Tong... what if in a semi-political move they decide to secretly accept Writs against outlanders? a lot of Dunmer would be happy, and if they cover up their tracks well enough, no Imperial or Imperial-supportive higher-ups will ever know...
*Policing. Perhaps Dunmer nobles (Hlaalu and Redoran) will even try to contract mass-writs where Morag Tong will be hired to kill bandits and cults and such out in the wild (where their skill as foresters, Morag will comeinto play). However in the end, the last mass-writ will call for the massacre of a Mephala Cult, a crime against the Prince that the Tong worships, but if they do not they will not be rewarded, and most of all the noble will alert officials about the mass-writ activities of the Morag Tong. And perhaps you can choose to massacre the cult, or kill the noble.

just some more ideas Confusedhrug:
04-22-2007, 08:35 PM,

hmm well bandits are usually the jurisdiction of guards and the FG i think, but there could be some exceptions, such as a huge operation to kill, say, a powerful drug-lord who has angered a noble. You'd get to sneak into an underground fortress, and hopefully if i do it we'll have moldcave! I really really want to go overboard now making the perfect hideout for some powerful criminal. Not completely unlike the DB quest. Prehaps we'll have some sort of twist? Like hostage rescue.. that'd be interesting.

Intel recon is another possibility that could easily work. They figure if you can get in, kill someone, and get out, you should be able to get in, steal info, and get out.

The writs against outlanders is another good idea of a direction you could chose to take the guild.

The problem now is that i've got to find a way to balance this. For example, if you operate completely legally, you make less money, but you are safe from the law. If you operate illegally, taking writs against outlanders, smuggling stuff, ect what are the tradeoffs? Only thing is that there also has to be a way to avoid the ill effects if you are skilled. Prehaps we have found a use for speechcraft? Bribery and such

Also, i need ideas not only for individual quests, but for what you want to happen when the quests end. You can only make so many after all. For example, when you become leader of Fighters Guild in OB, you get a certain amount of gold every week. I would like something much more involved for MT, so that it is like managing a business, and also varied and hard. Something where you don't finish the quests, and that's the end of it.

Collaberation with the Vvardefell MT would also be insane if we could pull it off (and indeed if you have plans for the MT), but that's in the future, and would have to be one of my side projects. Just something to keep in the back of your mind
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-22-2007, 08:42 PM,

yes, there are some plans formulating for the Morag Tong on Vvardenfell, though no main-quest idea like here
04-22-2007, 09:02 PM,

Well, if you start doing illegal activities, the law is bound to come after you right? You could bribe the guards like you said, or make an example of a few of them.

And you would also face competition from other criminal groups. Perhaps the others don't want you to encrouch on there turf.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
04-22-2007, 09:34 PM,

That could play out nicely. Certainly many smugglers would be ticked off if the MT started butting into their territory. Prehaps decisions you'd have to make are how many men to send on a mission? And which men. Sending more men = safer, but if you send the same guy on a mission too many times he'll get tired and angry and do worse, so you'll have to manage your people well. Blackbird asked the question on the other thread, what if you are already in the DB, can you join the MT? I think it's a valid question.

My solution would be that you have to resign from the DB in order to join the MT. It would basically trigger the DB expulsion quest upon joining. You can't possibly be in both groups. they'd know at once. What do you all think?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-22-2007, 09:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
My solution would be that you have to resign from the DB in order to join the MT. It would basically trigger the DB expulsion quest upon joining. You can't possibly be in both groups. they'd know at once. What do you all think?
exactly what will happen in Vvardenfell

if you wanna join Morag Tong, now more Dark Brotherhood
if you wanna join Camonna Tong, no more Thieves Guild
if you wanna join Vando Tong, no more vampirism for you!
etc.etc.

*Vando Tong is basically sorta my invention... Clan Vando has been vampire hunters for many generations and the Vando Guild is basically a vampire hunters guild on Vvardenfell, very limited membership, mostly Vando clansmen... friendly with the Temple, with Redoran and Telvanni, and not at all with Vampires... they'll kill vampires or give them over to Telvanni who make them into henchmen or.... disect them alive Confusedhh:

Big Grin
04-22-2007, 10:22 PM,

Or you could become a double agent of sorts. That would be interesting.
04-22-2007, 10:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by MarshallR
Or you could become a double agent of sorts. That would be interesting.
:eek: umm... w-why would you do that? seriously....
sounds fun but inconvenient to implement I think Wink

let's see what Seniosh thinks of it... not a bad idea, but it would make the quest-line significantly altered if you were an undercover brother (Dark Brother) ...sounds like a movie... 'Unda Cova Brutha' as its properly pronounced

:lol:
04-22-2007, 10:54 PM,

a double agent WOULD be very interesting, although hard to do. Altogether, i just don't think it's worth doing right now. The main thing is to get the MT done. if i'm REALLY inspired, and i have the time over the summer, i'll consider making a separate ESP that allows you to take part in the DB mission, or play double agent. But that's only if i get extremely bored. For now, no dual membership.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-22-2007, 11:15 PM,

I thought it would be. It would require a whole other questline to be done well.
You're right though, best to focus on the main part of it.