Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parchlands and Darkmoor
09-17-2009, 07:42 PM,

Yes, I was hoping it might prove helpful with you still being quite new around here. Anyway, you're right but it inevitably gets messy at times. We just have to monitor each other and shove people off our threads from time to time. Big Grin

Thanks for that. A few mudcrabs might do the trick. Boar would be nice but that would probably mean using WAC's mod (see the creatures bit in the models thread). So I'll go for using the pineapple plant a bit more and maybe add a small peach tree garden. That covers some of KP's flora. I was wondering whether to leave space just in case someone creates my seashell house idea....and I tried using the watertop hut platform as a fishing base but it didn't look right....I'll experiment.

Anyway, here's some pics of the landscaped countryside for you to enjoy. The city you see is Gideon which lies very close to the Blackwood border....and there'll be a few more Hala trees than this, especially in the parched areas, when I'm finished...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-19-2009, 11:24 AM,

I worked on the coral reef today which includes a sunken Ayleid (as opposed to Barsaebic) ruin. You can just see the statue peeking out of the water. I have not added some of the more colourful coral varieties yet, just the rocks. There will also be Koniption's stinging sea urchins and brain coral (a collectable flora item) and a much bigger coral reef in front of the main entrance (currently missing). And I'll need to add a small peach and pineapple garden plus fishing paraphernalia to the hermit's house. 'Alive Waters' would be a good mod to use around here later....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-19-2009, 01:25 PM,

It all looks like it's coming along ok. I see you still haven't fixed all the clipping items and the items that aren't in the right place. I know, cause I saw a corn plant submerged in water, and a corn plant clipping into a large rock pretty heavily, lol.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM,

It's impossible to fix that. It's just what the region editor does. That's why we have landscaping claims. It's dull work and I'd love to be able to give someone the go-ahead to create some flashy dungeon or city exterior as is but unfortunately it creates 'grunt-work' and if no one else is prepared to do a little bit of the grunt work except me then we'll have sloooowww progress....
09-20-2009, 06:27 PM,

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I was just pointing out what I saw. The pics look real good, nonetheless.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM,

Np, I had to have my little rant... X(

I just finished the coral reef for the 'Garden of the Autarch' which features the submerged Ayleid (not Barsaebic) ruin of an ancient High Elf. If dungeon modders were to claim this then I'd recommend using the Garden as the last thread of association that the Barsaebics had with their Cyrodiil cousins. The fate of the Autarch, whose task it may have once been to watch over a High Elf colony, is in the hands of any such modder....but there will be a need to closely follow the lore on the Barsaebics.

It's too late to go making screenshots so I'll hopefully have time tomorrow...
09-22-2009, 07:54 PM,

Screenies...it's better to explore the reef yourself though. I may be able to add 'Alive Waters' to this to make it really come alive!
09-23-2009, 08:09 PM,

I finished the hermit's island tonight. Screenies later...
10-04-2009, 05:49 PM,

Here are some of those screenies. There's a final version of Gideon's 'Marsh Hopper' Stables plus a secret location in the RockGuard quest, some Soulrest shots and a couple of views of Stonewastes with a more Parchlands-like harbour. This is the area that ALWAYS used to crash but this now seems to have been solved.... :banana:
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM,

I can see the small pic thumbnails in your post, but can't really click on the pics to enlarge them, because of my stupid internet problems...but all in all I can see enough to say that it looks nice.

:goodjob:

Koniption