Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parchlands and Darkmoor
10-24-2009, 09:05 PM,

I just height-mapped the Sishia Mangroves region which I'm hoping can use the same landscaping preset as Darkmoor but with different asset replacements....which basically means that it will look similar in terms of the composition but will use a different set of trees and flora. I'm planning for the same rocks to be used though. When we generate Darkmoor, the Sisiha Mangrove region will also appear in a generated form....albeit without any landscaping work....

I also did some more landscaping today. I'm now about 20 cells away from finishing the landscaping of the Northern Parchlands...not too far away from Mannatyr and Chasepoint.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM,

The Northern Parchlands has now been fully landscaped. :check:

See the attached pic for a quick glance at which area is now done. It's basically all of the light green cells that you see. Plus I added the Garden of the Autarch, Mannatyr ruins and the hermit's home along the coastline of the Midlands claim.

This takes us very close to Rock Grove so I changed the texture paths for the Rock Grove buildings, which should now work fine. I also added interior buildings for Rock Grove but haven't yet set these up inside the CS. I'll probably use Rock Grove from now on as the planning cells for the Darkmoor region as a whole.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-07-2009, 10:48 PM,

After completing the work on Rock Grove, I noticed that one of our assets, the Lumberry plant, needs to be increased in scale. This means that I'll need the new archive in order to make the changes and go ahead with the Darkmoor generation. Again, this means that the appearance of the new archive is postponing the appearance of Darkmoor but don't worry, once our huge merge takes place then we'll have made a massive difference and be well on our way to the beta release! :goodjob:
11-08-2009, 12:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
After completing the work on Rock Grove, I noticed that one of our assets, the Lumberry plant, needs to be increased in scale. This means that I'll need the new archive in order to make the changes and go ahead with the Darkmoor generation. Again, this means that the appearance of the new archive is postponing the appearance of Darkmoor but don't worry, once our huge merge takes place then we'll have made a massive difference and be well on our way to the beta release! :goodjob:

I PM'ed you the rescaled lumberries/etc. You can go ahead and add them to the archive on your end, just be sure to let me know the filepath for the meshes/textures for the stuff I sent you if it's changed, so I can mirror that on my end. That way, you don't have to wait for the archive update.

When I sent you the lumberries, I forgot to name them like you did them in Blackmarsh meshes folder, so you'll have to rename them again, and change the texture path for the one you used that has a different texture.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-08-2009, 02:57 PM,

Okaydoke!

I think I may actually release a new archive but not in bsa format. That way we can at least get this stuff merged. The downside is that it puts guys like XJDHDR in a difficult position because some people struggle with internet issues and downloading stuff. AFAIK anyone suffering from such problems may be able to still mod...but just using the old assets and keeping their modding to simple stuff in out-of-the-way areas.
11-08-2009, 07:57 PM,

Yeah, that may be best. With what I'm doing, when I send you my fixes, you can just overwrite the old meshes with the new ones. I have the "NewBMMeshes" folder you sent me a few days ago or so. Just remember to continue to send me any new meshes/textures you decide to use, separate from the main archive, so I can log them in the spreadsheet of mine. Otherwise, I'll have to rummage through a whole new archive to search for newly named and unique meshes.

Gosh, this job on my end is a lot like office work, working with spreadsheets and all, heheheh.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
....this job on my end is a lot like office work, working with spreadsheets and all...

How do you fancy customer service, KP? I can put you on the phones: "hello, and welcome to the Black Marshes. How can I help you?" Big Grin

It's appreciated. :yes: The only new stuff I've added after the last batch is a few more mossy ruin pieces and they're already sound enough vanilla models...
11-09-2009, 10:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
How do you fancy customer service, KP? I can put you on the phones: "hello, and welcome to the Black Marshes. How can I help you?" Big Grin

Been there; done that. Rolleyes No, really.

Quote:It's appreciated. :yes: The only new stuff I've added after the last batch is a few more mossy ruin pieces and they're already sound enough vanilla models...

I still need those meshes. Just to be on the safe side. You don't need to send them immediately, though.

Koniption
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM,

Okay, I'll send them along. Give me a kick if I forget by the time it gets to the weekend. With two brains, I might stand a chance.

Yeah, I did customer service too...'orrible stuff...hated it! :eek:
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM,

If anyone fancies taking the landscape claim for the 'Parchlands: Midlands' once I have my files merged into the next esm then you are free to make what you will of this long-dead beastie...which might possibly be identified in terms of the BM bestiary as a leviathan...? I thought it might be an ideal location for a very small bandit camp of some kind...? I have other large skeletons that I plan to use elsewhere.