Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TES IV Construction Set
03-20-2006, 10:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Hehe... woops

Edit: Umm, were would this file go?

How do you mean? DirectX is a free program from Microsoft that one can download and install from their site. It's also included with most games (and will in all likelyhood be included with Oblivion too)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM,

Its asking me where I want to install it, just on my desktop? Am I just installing the INSTAll program?

I hate dealing with the nitty gritty details
03-20-2006, 10:51 PM,

You can google for d3dx927.dll, download the file and copy it into C:\Windows\system32.

Worked like a charm for me.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
03-20-2006, 10:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
You can google for d3dx927.dll, download the file and copy it into C:\Windows\system32.

Worked like a charm for me.

Greetings

Quentin

Good idea

Edit
I got one search result, and it was asian
03-20-2006, 11:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Edit
I got one search result, and it was asian
he means chinese X(
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM,

Try this link

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
03-20-2006, 11:20 PM,

Thank you very much skully. Of course now that I have that problem fixed, it shuts down after it tells me it cant find stars, moons etc.

Guess I need to install Oblivion

ku, I just said asian because I cant tell the difference between chinese, korean, japanese etc.
03-20-2006, 11:24 PM,

When you start the CS and get an error message either click 'Yes' (repeatedly) or 'Cancel' (once) and you'll be able to start it.

Greetings

Quentin
03-20-2006, 11:26 PM,

Its says it has recieved an error and must close... no worries though, I can wait a day or two
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM,

There's not much to do in it anyway, without any assets, so you're not missing much, but I find it really nice to be able to familiarize myself with the interface a bit.

Edit: So this wiki thing is probably what Todd Howard mentioned in the GameOn! radio interview (link): "I haven't announced it yet but we have some pretty cool mod things as far as bringing the community together on modding for Oblivion in that we hope to have up a few days before te game is out that i think people are really gonna go crazy about."

black[/HR]

Edit again - GOOD NEWS! We can add a new item to the Construction Set and specify the NIF file for it! To me, this means we're halfway there when it comes to being able to bring in new models into the game. If we can convert the models to NIF, with or without an official exporter, we have confirmation that it's possible to mod them in.

Edit NR 7.23.2006: Deleted images.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]