Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TES IV Construction Set
03-28-2006, 12:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Galrina

B) You can't even put a cup or plate on the table. (How did you drop a sword on a table? I tried dropping a cup on the table in my house and it said "Not enough room to drop that item". There was nothing on the table.. and there still is nothing on the table.) I miss being able to reach out and place an object where I wanted it in MW. I'm hoping that will be part of a patch... but I doubt it. Sad

You have to drop the item above the table, face up a bit. Alternately you can drop something on the ground and pick it up onto the table with the z button.
03-28-2006, 02:06 AM,

whenI get oblivion I might just beat it then mod, then my characters can just live in Skyrim, or Morrowind, or Argonia, or Elsewyr.... screw Cyrodiil
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM,

Uhoh, are you all saying that the free moving of statics is gone? Or is it just for physiqued stuff?

Big GrinI can make trees still go through walls right?
03-29-2006, 10:18 AM,

track back to Smight's post

Quote:You have to drop the item above the table, face up a bit. Alternately you can drop something on the ground and pick it up onto the table with the z button.

A lot of basic things work differently from Morrowind - it clearly is a different system after all - so we will get caught off-guard again and again trying to apply Morrowindy solutions...

about Razorwingie's post on the first page of this thread, please note that this does NOT seem to be the bog-standard DX 9c - it is the Developer's version if I read it correctly - question is does it fun games better than the standard players' version?

Maybe then there is some tiny hope for my old Radion 7,000 that can barely handle Morrowind!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-29-2006, 01:13 PM,

Yup, as Smight said pretty much everything except statics and containers can be moved with the Z button. It's effectiveness depends on your Strength attribute. Sometimes after a fight I mess with the corpses a bit, just for fun. It doesn't do anything, but dragging a body on top of a logfire or sending them tumbling down a hill is very rewarding :brew:

The problem is that the object movement isn't very delicate, and trying to fit a sword on a weapon rack for instance can be a (boring) challenge. Plus the objects tend to move if you so much as brush against them, meaning it'd have to be done all over again. I'd love to fixate a sword of mine on a wall for instance.

I'm sure "my first house" mod will be a home for myself in Cyrodiil set up the way I like it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM,

Oh good, thats just how I was expecting. Also, are there static versions of weapons that stay still, and physiqued ones? Or are they all physiqued?

Can you stick weapons in walls in the CES?
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
It doesn't do anything, but dragging a body on top of a logfire or sending them tumbling down a hill is very rewarding :brew:

Just make sure you're careful fighting on hills. I had to chase a corpse all the way down a hill just to loot it once (they move pretty quick) Tongue
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM,

Hehe yeah, I noticed Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-29-2006, 02:38 PM,

Wait, is it possible to take corpses through cells.

If so, in my house, there will be a pit, and in the pit, will be...
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM,

food?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman