Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TES IV Construction Set
03-21-2006, 12:14 AM,

so... many... downloads... too... lazy...

some how can you please give 1 link that makes for a lot less work.
I know, I know... it has been a while...
03-21-2006, 01:29 AM,

Don't ask me why, but Bethesda has yanked the Construction Set from elderscrolls.com ?(

Oh well, for those who just can't wait I backed up the CS in our database:
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/jgs_db.php?a...t&katid=11
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-21-2006, 02:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Don't ask me why, but Bethesda has yanked the Construction Set from elderscrolls.com ?(

Oh well, for those who just can't wait I backed up the CS in our database:
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/jgs_db.php?a...t&katid=11
Big Grin clever
03-21-2006, 11:57 AM,

They yanked it, uh oh. Has anyone played that one Bungie Rpg? Remember how it wipes out your whole harddrive when uninstalled? :flamed:
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM,

They did? Then how did I just download it from their site? Cool
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM,

They moved it off the front page and into the downloads section. Smile
aka Lacey or Mrs. Danath_in. hehe
03-22-2006, 06:43 PM,

Long thread on esf about cs & scripting: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...pic=272189

Thread on esf on map generation with pics. Info on third party height map program that can export to the cs terrain generator piece by piece to create one map. I don't know why they want to do it that way, unless the cs can't join together it's own separately created terrain files?? http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...pic=274301

yeah i really fell in luv with the wiki, the mini-google of oblivion. beth haven't forgotten about us afterall. awesome about the nifs too. got too many errors in my mw game from conflicting nifs. i wonder how long it would take to import our whole model library into functioning nifs??

edit: temporary map tutorial from arsenide@esf:
// "Well I clicked the green hexagon thing, that opens the heightmap editor.

Then I hit generate on the noise thing just to get a base, you might want to raise the offset, I think the black is underwater, and offset raises the entire landmass by a set amount.

So after I had some noise, which was my personal preference...I clicked the button that has a mountain picture with an arrow pointing up, to raise some terrain. I cranked the intensity up and got a large size, but left falloff at 50 in Brush Control...this is basically my equivalent of the preschool crayons in the height map editor. So I made a few sporadic mountains, in no particular pattern, I literally just randomly drew a few out. That is displayed in picture one.

Then I went down to the erosion tools, turned erosion up to 100, and iterations up to 50. Now erosion takes a LOT LONGER than noise does, and the more iteration you pick, the longer it's going to take. Iterations basically means how many times it does the process. I'd say this operation took about 5 minutes, but that's normal, don't be discouraged. That's how I got picture two, literally the only difference between pictures one and two was the erosion operation.

I also (for picture purposes) moved the lighting to the left and up a bit to outline the erosion details. Basically to see it in 3D like that you click the camera button, and you can view solid, in wireframe, or as dots. Then if you hold control and move the mouse around you can change where the "sun" is. That's all.
//
"... creatures can survive by eating the fungi and mold which grow on the dungeon's walls and floors." -the sensible dungeon, "Mmmmm"
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM,

*sigh* ... *BIG SIGH* ...

How to say it without sounding ungrateful ...? :eek:

Alright, I am grateful that so many new functions are implemented. I love to see all those different exterior styles. I am glad that it is finally possible to sit down. I am amazed how detailed the control of every single object is. I am stunned by all the possibilities ...

... but what did they do to the things that made every interior so unique? Like in MW I started my first own mod, building a house for my character, searching for hours for a nice spot at a lake, pondering for quite some time about the best exterior, experiencing the slightly different way of doors and door markers, checking for furniture which is suitable for a seasoned adventurer ... checking for furniture which is suitable for a seasoned adventurer ... :O ... Hello? Anybody home? I searched for almost an hour and so far I haven't found even one upholstered chair, not to speak of a chair that deserves the term 'noble'.

Slightly shocked I checked the other furniture ... if I'd been in a worse mood, I'd say that even Dwemer closets look better than the so called Upper Class stuff.

For someone who considers himself an interior designer that was a major drawback. I just hope that a thorough research will bring up more usable stuff and I hope that the modding community will come with many, many things we're in dire need of.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
03-27-2006, 11:41 PM,

Mm... tying in with what you said about homes, I just bought myself a home in Bravil and I couldn't be more disappointed. When I first heard that we'd be able to buy houses and procure furnishings I thought there would be furniture stores with tweaked furniture that could be picked up and carried, just like there were in several Morrowind mods. I though that if I bought a weapon rack I could then click on it and be prompted for which weapon I'd like to hang there.

Not so much... after trying for five minutes to fit an elven longsword on it, with it flailing about like crazy, I felt thoroughly like a retard and just left it on a table. :eek: Not very heroic. The whole "buying a home and furnishing it" setup isn't really different from what could be done in a mod, and I for one hopes some modder decides to improve the feature. Shame on you Bethesda! Rolleyes

But then again there are countless of *good* things about the game too, and I "fear" the game will take a lot of time from me Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-28-2006, 12:21 AM,

Both Danath and I were terribly disappointed in the "furnishings".

A) They are .. well.. shack stack furniture.. nothing more.

B) You can't even put a cup or plate on the table. (How did you drop a sword on a table? I tried dropping a cup on the table in my house and it said "Not enough room to drop that item". There was nothing on the table.. and there still is nothing on the table.) I miss being able to reach out and place an object where I wanted it in MW. I'm hoping that will be part of a patch... but I doubt it. Sad

C) There's no uniqueness.. you can't make your "own space" anymore, it's all cookie cutter Bethjunk. You buy a "room" of furniture and it's there in your house when you open the door. If you don't like where that table is or you'd like a nicer wall-hanging.. tough. (Oh.. what's with shelves that you can't use? At least they could have put a couple of fake mugs and stuff on them so they don't look so barren.)

What I see happening is modders will literally have to rip OB apart to fix it and make it more personal.. more individual.
aka Lacey or Mrs. Danath_in. hehe