Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Team / Introductions
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM,

Hello all, I'd like to join the Elsweyr project.

My strongpoints are 2d drawing (conceptual and colouring) and I can texture pretty good. I've been playing the TES series ever since Morrowind, and I'm fairly knowledgable in TES lore (thou the MK metaphysical stuff makes my head spin... Big Grin )

Here's some of my work regarding TES stuff...

http://gallery.silgrad.com/index.php?cat=10082

I've started by contributing this Elsweyr Adobe styled houses (in the Desert region to the North).

[Image: ElsweyrAdobeHousesCF.jpg]

Pending if you guys like this concept, I'll get on more stuff.
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM,

do you think you might be able to get the other sides done, if you can i'll see what i can do.
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.
07-10-2006, 09:35 PM,

Very nice, I particularly am attracted to these designs because the mesh very much with my own ideas, I love the door frames and the border columns running along the building. May I sugest slanted roofs, awnings, and tapestries, we are currently planning multitiered cities, now before I forget, welcome to the team, your art is greatly needed, and more members is always a good thing, we are also very helpful if oyu want to breakinto the other realms of modding, and are currently woking on the heightmap. Art on creatures is greatly needed as well.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
07-10-2006, 09:40 PM,

Wow, welcome to the team, Kyoushu! :jump:

Those look pretty good, I like them, they fit the desert setting very well...

ghostruler, if you could model these, that would be awesome! Maybe modular pieces? That way, it'd be easier on you, and it would allow us more freedom when we are designing the cities.

Anyway, again, welcome Kyoushu, I look forward to seeing more of your concept art! :goodjob:
07-10-2006, 09:42 PM,

But do not get started yet on the models, let's see if we can refine the cpncept first.
07-10-2006, 09:43 PM,

Agreed. Though it is VERY good (better than anything I could ever draw :lol: )
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM,

Luverly desert/Egyptian feel for the hot interiors.

This just made me consider - the Kitties have a strange view of property - so do they bolt and bar and set multiple traps on every possible entrance - remember there are the tiny ones like domestic cats. Or do they think that would be a wasted effort, knowing that everyone will walk through any such?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-10-2006, 11:22 PM,

Maybe they view YOU as property once you enter.
07-11-2006, 12:44 AM,

Thanks again for the invitation, DarkAsmodeous.

I'm also interested in joining the project. I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls, since the early days of lusting over my friend's copy of Daggerfall (saddly, I grew up in a Mac family.) I spent years tinkering with Morrowind, though I've yet to mod anything for Oblivion.

I model exterior and interior spaces in 3D for games professionally, so to unwind I thought I'd...hmmm...make more 3D models. Maybe I haven't thought this through quite enough. Wink

Seriously, I'm eager to jump in with just about anything. Smile
07-11-2006, 12:46 AM,

Welcome! We are very glad to have you, and are ready to help you find a place to get started! Can you start by telling us what sort of things you like to model?