Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search for the next mayor of... Ebbedin!
06-13-2006, 06:58 AM,
The search for the next mayor of... Ebbedin!
The town, as it was/is in Silgrad Tower's TES3 mod, is as follows.

[blockquote]"Ebbedin is a small fishing village, situated on an island on the mainland's Bitter Coast Region. A shadowy argonian on the opposing riverbank can ferry passengers across the sea to Vvardenfell. The village is recognized by it's two long bridges, connecting the island village with the mainland. The architecture is distinctly Redoran, although some imperial influence is also present."[/blockquote]

[Image: Map_Ebbedin_Medium.jpg]
1. Ferry to Gnisis
2. Craighton's General Store
3. Vares Manor
4. Guard House
5. Fothas Gilnith's Shack
6. Bredasu Oran's Shack
7. The Old Watchtower
8. Hlavora Faryon's Shack
9. Andosi Shand's Shack
10. Ebeddin Lighthouse

The town can be seen on the TES3 landmass map, where it's mostly situated on vertical row 5, horisontal column -17. You can click on the town to get a numbered map showing what the locations were.

As you can see, Ebbedin is on an island in the middle of a delta where the mighty river Ashunor pours out into the Inner Sea. Far to the south lies Steadhelm. The region surrounding the town is of "Bitter Coast" type, meaning it's a salty, hostile marsh on which only poisonous (or at least inedible) flora can grow. The only source of food comes from fishing, and that's what occupies most of the townsfolks' days.

The town shouldn't be much larger than 10-12 buildings, to keep the small, quaint feeling of it. It's built in Redoran style; contact me to get an internal version of the RP alpha which has the full collection of Redoran exterior house models (some are untextured but will be finalized eventually without any changes to the geometry). You'd have to mod it in its own worldspace for now, but ultimately the town should be merged directly to the landmass. My suggestion is to limit the worldspace to the island, and keep open waters around it.

As far as mayoring goes, this would be one of the smaller projects and not require a separate board. Heck, a person could probably even mod it on his or her own without too much trouble. Feel free to make it dependant on the RP alpha if you'd like; it'd save you some time in setting up all the custom meshes the town would need, and then the town could 'piggyback' on RP until the landmass is ready.

Please let me know what you think. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-13-2006, 07:17 AM,

Ooooh, looks pretty. If I wern't mayor of steadhelm I would grab this. However I like steadhelm more, so Im cool Big Grin. I think whoever takes this should Definately make the town very needy, as in questy.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-13-2006, 08:25 AM,

What do you mean by being a mayor? Looks pretty nice. If you want me to take care about it in a quest I'm always avalabile. Just tell me what must I do.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
06-13-2006, 07:41 PM,

I might want to do this. I don't know yet.

EDIT: Nevermind i don't want to.
06-13-2006, 10:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
What do you mean by being a mayor? Looks pretty nice. If you want me to take care about it in a quest I'm always avalabile. Just tell me what must I do.

Basically what I mean by mayor is a person who mods a town exterior and then set up open claims and recieves interior plugins from other modders. Quests doesn't have to factor into it, but are certainly doable if that's wanted. It has to be built in Redoran style with custom assets, which I can provide (courtesy of Caligula Superfly and Zarf). Still interested? Big Grin
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-13-2006, 10:59 PM,

looks quaint... now if I was the mayor of Ebbedin I would suggest that like all Dunmer style settlements, a Temple would be in the center... and if I was the mayor of Ebbedin, I would have each hut's owner having a small pier for his or her canoe/coracle.... and if I was the mayor of Ebbedin, I would have a few stone benches under the trees that help provide a resting place for travelers, the place is poor ...and if I was the mayor of Ebbedin... wait, I'm not... Big Grin
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM,

Ooo, I really want to take this. It would be nice to be able to use some of my designs in the CS. Big Grin My problem is that I haven't had alot of time to get aquainted with the CS since I spend all my ST time modelling. I can use most functions regarding content placment just fine, but I never took the time to figure out how to properly set up outdoor environments and such. Anything I have ever done outdoors in MW or OB has just been edits of already existing terrain.

Would anyone be interested in doing a collaborative effort? I really just want to do the decoration. Trees, rocks, buildings, walls, wells, that stuff. Big Grin
06-13-2006, 11:56 PM,

Caligula Superfly: Perfect, then it's decided! :deal: Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
06-13-2006, 11:59 PM,

I'd want to do decoration too. I don't like to start with ground automatically underwater. Maybe we can collaborate on that
06-14-2006, 01:00 AM,

So, im mayor of Ebbedin now? That was simple. Big Grin

Quote:I don't like to start with ground automatically underwater.

Hmm, very well. Ive spent the last hour or so fiddling with the CS and scanning over bits and pieces of the Wiki. I think I can figure out how to get all that started on my own. Later, once I have the basics done and something to show we can talk about it.