Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The test of patterns [claimed]
05-10-2008, 11:03 PM,

Yeah, this was all mostly directed to IS, if he's around.

Though i wouldn't mind help from anyone else with scripting knowledge. I might try to use a spell to indicate which lights have been activated, so that's another possibility from a scripting standpoint.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-13-2008, 08:44 AM,

I hope you placed the light in-game, if so click on it so you get the properties box up, you know to move it and so forth, at the very top is the reference box, give it a reference, say TestLight or what ever,

Here are the scripts, make sure you remove any brackets I have in the scripts, otherwise the refs won't work, I have stated what you have to do in the main control script, so you should be ok to get it working, if it needs fixed or you need help let me know.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM,

Well, using some of IS's scripts, and some of mine, the test seems to be working properly, though i'm going to test it a bit more, just to be sure.

The real question is clutter. The test is really just a long, twisting hallway, and it doesn't have anything in it besides lights and the doors.

Do you guys think we need clutter in a test that the player will complete in a matter of minutes? it's not like they'll ever return to the room once they're done.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM,

This is lights on lights off, correct ?

If so then maybe this might be a good place to begin using the Dwemer Ghosts provided by Captain U

Clutter
Metal kegs with various ore's in them
Broken down centurians
Books on Mechanics
Bottles of Grease
Hammers
Scrap Metal
Schematics

Their should also be the remains of some of Doran's party and their belongings.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-04-2008, 01:32 AM,

So are there supposed to be enemies? I thought it was just supposed to be the puzzle, but i'm not sure what we did before. There could definitely be ghosts if needbe.

Forgot about the containers, i can definitely put those in :check:

I guess i could also put some shelves in with gears and such?

Not sure if we've got broken centurions, but if we do, i'll definitely use them. They might just havok upon death.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-04-2008, 01:47 AM,

Enemies YES if upon failed attempt to find correct pattern

then enemies appear (we can use the ghosts here)

I wouldn't say shelves but items you'd find on a shelf can be placed in random areas as if they were dropped or moved to those places

I wouldn't worry bout the centurian pieces, just don't forget the dead npc's from Dorans party (2 of them in this section would be appropriete)

Enjoy
Bob

07-04-2008, 04:49 PM,

I thought we were doing a shock spell if the player failed? I could set it up so that the door casts something if the player fails the test.

The thing i'm not sure about is how to make enemies respawn on cue... There's probably a command for it somewhere.

Also forgot about Dorian. Where is a copy of the diary, just so that i can see the death count? I wouldn't think that two people would die on the first test, cause it's kind of easy Big Grin. Actually, how many people are there total? Cause we probably want to ration out the deaths so that they don't occur all at once.

More deaths should logically happen during the tests of evasion and confrontation, because those are the most blatantly lethal.

I'll definitely use ghosts in evasion, they can be patrolling, trying to catch the player.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-04-2008, 08:27 PM,

Yes shock, you are correct that is what we decided

I'll fix my memory later

The DOran book is not written completely yet I needed to await the completion of the tests

Their would be a total of 8 in the party

1 dead from Dorans Party in this section and we assume another from other adventuring people's

Sound good?

Enjoy
Bob

07-13-2008, 01:32 PM,

Hi, just got back from summer camp Big Grin

I think what i'll do is put one of Doran's party, and then a skeleton. So you see someone who's just died, and then one who has decomposed.

I know it's not written yet, but could you decide on a party-member to die? Just gimme name and race so that we can have the same thing in the book and test.

Everything sounds good.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-13-2008, 03:20 PM,

Hope you enjoyed camp Smile

Yes the first dead adventurer is Dreaded-Water a carrier and guide

A former slave who was freed from the Hlormaren Stronghold, he found his way to the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart where he was asked to help with a Altmer expedition to the mainland, unfortunate that he met his fate in this manner

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob