Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things we can do before the game is released
09-29-2005, 10:31 PM,
Things we can do before the game is released
I hope no one minds if I go ahead and start a thread as it's gettig quiet here.

Since we have a few months before we can actually begin any work with the CS, perhaps we could begin thinking about things such as quest ideas and storys, or those with 3ds max could come up with some models of things we know we will need. We definetly will need models and high Oblivion quality textures for a lot of the Vvardenfell specific arcitechture such as the Vivec cantons or large Telvani mushroom mansions. Also models for things that are pretty unlikely to in Oblivion such as Netch leather armor, cliff racers or Netchs.

Just some suggestions I thought I'd throw out.
09-29-2005, 11:39 PM,

A General Outline of Topics
to get things going Big Grin

weapons
armor
architecture
beasts
people
quests*1
artifacts
new armor/weap.
new people
new beasts
new places*2

*1- most quests will be new
*2- this is post-TES3 so some things will have changed

search the forums... I think I posted some muckspunge models of mine... more accurately called attempts :lmao: , well they're ok right? hahaha
09-30-2005, 12:22 AM,

One thing that you can clear up for me is if we are going to keep the inner workings of this project quiet, or are we going to have an open forum for the populus to look at the project while it is made? If you want to have some surprises like you said on ESF then i guess we would be using some sort of private forums?
09-30-2005, 12:29 AM,

Those mucksponge models look pretty nice all they need is a nice texture to go with them.
09-30-2005, 02:07 AM,

yeah... but what you saw there is the greatest extent of my 3ds max skill so far... sadly......

I have attempted making buildings from a plane... and editable poly/mesh or w/e....

so I dunno textures and all
09-30-2005, 02:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixosis
One thing that you can clear up for me is if we are going to keep the inner workings of this project quiet, or are we going to have an open forum for the populus to look at the project while it is made? If you want to have some surprises like you said on ESF then i guess we would be using some sort of private forums?

I dunno... I mean I want some level of secrecy at least for the main quest.... all else can be open I guess... I mean land-wise most people can just look at a map of Vvardenfell to get an idea of what we're doing right?
09-30-2005, 02:10 AM,

well I don't have 3d max or anything but I can help with quest ideas and layouts for new towns etc. Let me know what you need and I'll see what i can do.
As the wind blows by the breeze takes me where it will and freely I go to spread peace on the wind.
09-30-2005, 02:16 AM,

ok, thats good... we need all the help we can get ... so no one feel insignificant... if I can attempt to lead to mod team.... you can all be good modders.. Big Grin

I dunno if that was worded right... but o well
09-30-2005, 03:50 AM,

I don't have modding experience, but I woudn't mind doing layouts for things that don't involve the editor. I don't have the morrowind strategy guide, which would help to plan things out, but I can pick it up on amazon or look at it on my game map.

Here's my only concern with this project... i don't see any creativity in it besides designing new items and some NPCs... besides that we are essentially mimmicking the old world. Is there any way we can alter the setups of some towns/cities to make it more unpredictable and exciting?
MY COMPUTER GAMING SYSTEM-(my precious)
--Pentium 4 northwood 3.0ghz CPU
--chaintech MB (eww!)
--1.5GB of PC3200 DDR SDRAM
--Gigabyte Radeon 9200 128MB (getting at least a 9800pro 256MB soon)
--310gb HD space
17" CRT (ohh yea!)
--DVD-ROM
09-30-2005, 06:45 AM,

New 3d models are always needed, and the Vvardenfell team is free to use any of the downloads in the Return to Morrowind section on silgrad.com if it's wanted. As the Silgrad Tower team has no plans or desire to do anything related to House Telvanni (that I know of), perhaps that's something the Vvardenfell team would like to take a look at?

Apart from that we are making really good progress on Hlaalu and Redoran architecture, thanks to Oom and Hoss (I do a bit of modelling too). We might also be able to solve the issue of Velothi architecture, courtesy of spankybus, and with stevegek's help we might also be getting a Redoran tile set. With the island of Vvardenfell in mind, the really big issue left that I can think of is, as I mentioned, House Telvanni. There's Dres and Indoril too, but they don't have any holdings on Vvardenfell so I imagine they wouldn't be on your team's toplist of priorities.

So, *if* your team is interested in Telvanni stuff perhaps we could see some concept art and/or model proposals for anything related to them? I think architecture is the most important part, because that's what can allow people to get started on modding interiors, but that's my personal opinion.

Regarding dwemer I personally believe there's a good chance there are dwemer ruins in Oblivion too. The dwemer have been in TES I, II and III so I don't see why they wouldn't be in IV too. Would be a shame if someone had modelled a whole set for those if that turns out to be true.

Apart from architecture in general, something which I think is important in order to recapture the spirit of Morrowind is all kinds of plants, flowers and bushes. Trees would be more difficult as they are animated now, and that might be true for smaller flora too but I don't think it would be as noticeable if those didn't move. Who wouldn't like to see fields of heather and stoneflower again? =) So, modelling new interpretations of the flora in the Morrowind Province is a very worthwhile goal I think.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]