Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires...
01-27-2006, 01:18 PM,

If i may borrow something from Vampire. The Masquerade; Humanity.

Why not make those vampires that have low Humanity score look hideous nad inhuman, and those with sufficient Humanity may pass as normal folk?

You loose it as you kill innocent people and perform evil deeds, and you gain it by doing the opposite.

Hope i won't get a lawyer visit from White Wolf. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-27-2006, 07:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
If i may borrow something from Vampire. The Masquerade; Humanity.

Why not make those vampires that have low Humanity score look hideous nad inhuman, and those with sufficient Humanity may pass as normal folk?

You loose it as you kill innocent people and perform evil deeds, and you gain it by doing the opposite.

Hope i won't get a lawyer visit from White Wolf. Big Grin
sounds liek Fable... but I don't think that has anything to do with it... personnally I think a well fed Vampire would look in better shape than a starving one...

but that is what this thread is for, so don't take my word for it (yet Big Grin), discuss!
01-27-2006, 10:39 PM,

Good point. Big Grin
I never understood how could you be recognised so easily in Morrowind when you were a vampire? I know that they have white eyes, but you put on a helmet and they're hidden.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM,

Quote:Good point.
I never understood how could you be recognised so easily in Morrowind when you were a vampire? I know that they have white eyes, but you put on a helmet and they're hidden.

Maybe they smell bad? I dont think a diet of blood and living in musky old tombs without a healthy supply of sunlight can be very good for hygiene. Wink

Concerning vampire quests and the like, I think wars between the different vampire clans should be on a small scale, such as raiding an enemy-occupied tomb and having small group battles. Or perhaps they compete through murdering innocents, collecting cattle, or slaying vampire hunters? Just some ideas, I dont know how practical they may be.

I think the idea of Vampire hunters being able to sell the trophies for gold or other items is a good one, it would certainly promote a lot of vampire killing, though im sure many of the more unexperienced hunters would die quicker as well. To take it further, how about turning in vampire trophies will help advance you further?
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-28-2006, 02:04 AM,

or maybe the trophies of specific Vampires? like quest related :yes:
01-28-2006, 02:38 AM,

Yes, that too. But I would think a vampire hunter who frequently brings in more relics of fallen foes would obtain a higher rank quicker than one who simply does small quests. I wonder what some of the quests for Vampire Hunters would be, as they obviously cant all relate directly to slaying vampires, as that would quickly deplete the vampire population. Unless, and im just offerring suggestions, I dont know how easy it would be to script, considering Radiant AI, it would be possible to have the vampires regularly 'recruit' new members? If all of the little flaws could be weeded out and consistency established, this would really add a lot more realism to the game and entire vampire aspect.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-28-2006, 04:39 AM,

well I suspect you might also hunt down necromancers and such... but Vampire is your game...
time will tell how it'll work out.... maybe you don't need to just kill Vvardenfell Vamps.? who knows....
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM,

i think that the vampire hunters would be sort of all-around monster hunters, whose specaillty is killing vampires.

i agree that trophies should advance you further, but i think that there should be a good combination of quest specific trophies, generic ones, and traditional quests, that way to get to the top of the vampire hunter you have to do all three
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-28-2006, 08:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
i think that the vampire hunters would be sort of all-around monster hunters, whose specaillty is killing vampires.

i agree that trophies should advance you further, but i think that there should be a good combination of quest specific trophies, generic ones, and traditional quests, that way to get to the top of the vampire hunter you have to do all three

:yes: ...except usually guards can take care of generic beasts.... but say if a big giant mutated some-sort-of-whatever came along...
like... a big... actually ... I dunno....
but it WOULD be boring to JUST kill vampires... although thrilling for the first few kills Big Grin

lets think... Sload?
(they might be rare, but they will have significance in my planned future Dreugh mod so maybe having them in TES4 Vvardenfell is like foreshadowing the Dreugh mod)
...ghosts?
(although Temple priests or Ordinators should be able to handle those)
....giant mutated supersized prehistoric cliffracers?
(no one can beat them... NO ONE!)
01-28-2006, 09:18 PM,

i was just think of vampire hunters being like that horrible movie vanhellsing (god that movie was horrible :bash: ) they travel around, tracking vampires, and where they run into other dangreous creatures, they stop in town and kill it Big Grin

ya know, "hey i heard about a minotuar attacking a nearby town, we need you to go rescue the townfolk, here, i'll come with you"
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"