Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires...
01-29-2006, 07:13 AM,

Has anyone got a sugestion for Vampire Hunters skills and abilities?

This trophy system may turn Vampire hunting into the economy sort of, and I'm sure we don't want that.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-29-2006, 04:22 PM,

didn't you read above? the trophies (along with traditional quests) would be how you advance in the guild.

as for skills, i'd say...

blade
marksman
heavy armor
block
acrobatics
alchemy
athletics/restoration
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-29-2006, 04:35 PM,

arbiter is right in a way... and so are you batman...
the trophy economy is reminiscent of the scalp-economy of early colonial times in North America...
we want to gear it so that you avoid the economy thing and limit it so that Vampire hunting doesn't sound like a business but a traditional job...
a village might be attacked by a vampire... they send a messenger to the nearest Vampire Hunters' base.... (HQ is in Ald-Ruhn) and ask for a hunter to go track down & kill the vampire

when fighting a Vampire... I would say:
acrobatics
blade
block
athletics
destruction
sneak
heavy/light armor

destruction cause Vampires are really vulnerable to fire... burn 'em to a crisp.... marksmanship is overrated... I mean when you go after a vampire... usually s/hew ould let him/herself get caught in the open... night lasts only so long... sneak so you ca somewhat evade vampires or sneak up on them (very tough)....
but when it comes to armor... it is disputable...
will heavier cumbersome armor protect you? or will a lighter more maneurverable armor work?
01-29-2006, 04:48 PM,

cool, cool, so then for the vamp hunters abilities we have:

blade
block
light armor
acrobatics
destruction
athletics

what should the last be? i was thinking that it could be just about anything...

01-29-2006, 04:51 PM,

illusion to try to fool the vampire... giving you an edge?
I doubt it would work well vs. Aundae... the mage vampire clan.... but maybe it would be good vs. Quarra and Berne
01-29-2006, 05:36 PM,

I would imagine they would value Restoration, since they are a service focused on helping people, though more through ridding the people of violent problems rather than just curing them. Also, Restoration has access to the Cure Common Disease spell, which any zealous vampire hunter would certainly want, should things go wrong. I could also see a few low-level quests opening up here, where you perhaps go cure someone who thinks they may be afflicted with vampirism?
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-29-2006, 05:39 PM,

not a bad idea, i had restoration listed eariler, and i still think that it could work!

01-29-2006, 05:41 PM,

I think either Restoration or Alchemy, considering you will be gathering a lot of rare organic ingredients, would be best for the last slot.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-29-2006, 05:42 PM,

i vote restoration
01-29-2006, 08:29 PM,

I think illusion should be out. Making it real, vampires can see couple of times better than ''mortals''.
Could Restoration be used to harm vampires in any way?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.